Ricoh Return Stumbling Block (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Surley it dosent take that long to thrash out a deal - The many previous meetings Wasps and CCFC have held must give an indication of what party wants what - The stumbling block last time was -Coventry City/Sisu must underwrite – and pay for – any Wasps losses that could potentially flow from Sisu’s complaint to the European Commission concerning Coventry City Council’s 2014 deal to sell the Ricoh Arena to then London Wasps. Has this stumbling block been sorted

shmmeee

giphy.gif

ovduk78

Surley it dosent take that long to thrash out a deal - The many previous meetings Wasps and CCFC have held must give an indication of what party wants what - The stumbling block last time was -Coventry City/Sisu must underwrite – and pay for – any Wasps losses that could potentially flow from Sisu’s complaint to the European Commission concerning Coventry City Council’s 2014 deal to sell the Ricoh Arena to then London Wasps. Has this stumbling block been sorted
If anyone can find out it is surely the award winning journalists at the CET or BBC C&W radio or the trust. Those 3 always have their fingers on the pulse!

Sky Blue Pete

Exactly the same issues remain but wasps have less money, ccfc are a championship club and large gatherings will not be allowed before September at the earliest

shmmeee

Wasps clearly won’t go on the record here. The best we’ve had is back channel stuff from Linnell and the Trust about Sisu asking you drop the complaint. Which we’ve since confirmed can’t be done.

Hate them all you like but we probably need one of the people who can get in the door with Wasps to have another chat and leak the next bit if we’re going to find anything out.

Sky Blue Pete

Let's wait until they got bust

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
id prefer us not to be party to that but if the consequence of us not agreeing a deal is they go bust then we need to know that ccfc and Sisu did all they could on this occasion. For instance I don’t want them to cover wasps responsibilities if the eu complaint is upheld

Last edited:

NortonSkyBlue

Be patient, the championship is still 10 games away from finishing and there is still a ban on public gatherings.

Grendel

There are lots of things to have to agree on

Amount per year
what the amount entails regarding match day costs
Other revenue streams on match day
Ground and match day sponsorship income splits
Length of term
Severance penalties
Renewal terms
Ability of renegotiation if circumstances change

There hasn’t really been a negotiation since the original deal at the Ricoh and then the council pulled a fast one.

It’s far more complex than just a payment amount

I suspect also there is some council involvement given the protection of tenants in the lease if ACL go into administration

Nick

Administrator
Wasps clearly won’t go on the record here. The best we’ve had is back channel stuff from Linnell and the Trust about Sisu asking you drop the complaint. Which we’ve since confirmed can’t be done.

Hate them all you like but we probably need one of the people who can get in the door with Wasps to have another chat and leak the next bit if we’re going to find anything out.
We knew before they tried to peddle that that it wasn't possible. So should they.

Colin Steins Smile

Why would SISU/CCFC underwrite Wasps losses for an asset that they don’t own? This would make no business sense.

skyblue1991

Amount per year
what the amount entails regarding match day costs
Other revenue streams on match day
Ground and match day sponsorship income splits
Length of term
Severance penalties
Renewal terms

There hasn’t really been a negotiation since the original deal at the Ricoh and then the council pulled a fast one.

I suspect also there is some council involvement given the protection of tenants in the lease if ACL go into administration
Do you think we will be back at the Ricoh at some point next season?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Agreed - but the problem is they seem to just ignore it and revert back to “drop the legals SISU”

shepardo01

The trust have been told, and up until VERY recently, still believed that the EU complaint can be asked to be not followed up. This has been discussed with Wasps also....
This is a MASSIVE problem that clouds ACTUAL possible processes and just means that while they belive this and are feeding it to Wasps or vice versa, that all of their efforts will go into keeping each other sweet and releasing MORE misinformation!!!

clint van damme

Length of term
Severance penalties
Renewal terms

this will be crucial to our planning for next season. I think we need 5 years to be able to put together a medium term plan.

Happy_Martian

What happened to the search for our own stadium ? Weren't we pushing for the Foxford (could be wrong on name) School site ? Or has that gone the same way of all Fishers new stadia plans ? While it was built for us, I've never seen the Ricoh as "Our" stadium. Yes, we play there but it's never filled regularly so crowd noise sounds more like an underused cow shed at milking time. And it sounds like we get half the support that matchdays need from both Wasps and the supply companies. If I had the cash, I'd put up the money to see a new stadium built (why not the copse opposite the TGI Fridays in Binley? It's Warwickshire with good road access) that we can call home and not have to use a bedsit with the landlord downstairs.

CCFC54321

I don’t believe there is any possibility of us returning to the Ricoh while W***s are around. SISU are waiting firstly for the outcome of the review and they also know W****s are on their last knockings financially.

I know many supporters including myself that are happy to stay at St Andrews until Wasps go. Returning to the Ricoh only supports their financial position. I know it doesn’t help the fan base doing this but the long term goal must be to own the stadium outright and see W***s return back to London as it’s apparent to any twonk their business plan has failed miserably.

Nick

Administrator
The trust have been told, and up until VERY recently, still believed that the EU complaint can be asked to be not followed up. This has been discussed with Wasps also....
This is a MASSIVE problem that clouds ACTUAL possible processes and just means that while they belive this and are feeding it to Wasps or vice versa, that all of their efforts will go into keeping each other sweet and releasing MORE misinformation!!!

The trust did that on purpose to stop people asking about it and deflect away from it.

Rodders1

Let them sweat it out. No fans probably until halfway through the season anyway.

I know we need to be making a move back to Cov, but I really need a couple more games at Brum to ease me off that amazing pre/post game pub crawl!! .. I’ve LOVED every min of this season and not missed the Ricoh once.

Sky Blue Pete

What happened to the search for our own stadium ? Weren't we pushing for the Foxford (could be wrong on name) School site ? Or has that gone the same way of all Fishers new stadia plans ? While it was built for us, I've never seen the Ricoh as "Our" stadium. Yes, we play there but it's never filled regularly so crowd noise sounds more like an underused cow shed at milking time. And it sounds like we get half the support that matchdays need from both Wasps and the supply companies. If I had the cash, I'd put up the money to see a new stadium built (why not the copse opposite the TGI Fridays in Binley? It's Warwickshire with good road access) that we can call home and not have to use a bedsit with the landlord downstairs.
Think if was woodlands and it looks like council are reusing it

Frostie

this will be crucial to our planning for next season. I think we need 5 years to be able to put together a medium term plan.

We asked for 5 years last time & it was rejected out of hand as Wasps would only entertain a "limited time" deal - so we'd be in the same position again every year or 2.

I think Grendel's list is right plus I'd add on that we want assurances on the facilities we're being offered too.

First & foremost is the quality of the pitch - we've all seen that it is simply not up to standard & we'd need assurances on that (and penalty clauses if not met?)

Secondly, you may recall Wasps withdrew use of some of the Hospitality facilities for a matchday with no notice given. That can't be allowed to happen in a mutually beneficial partnership.

As Grendel says, a lot more complex than simply the amount of money we're prepared to pay.

Sky Blue Pete

We asked for 5 years last time & it was rejected out of hand as Wasps would only entertain a "limited time" deal - so we'd be in the same position again every year or 2.

I think Grendel's list is right plus I'd add on that we want assurances on the facilities we're being offered too.

First & foremost is the quality of the pitch - we've all seen that it is simply not up to standard & we'd need assurances on that (and penalty clauses if not met?)

Secondly, you may recall Wasps withdrew use of some of the Hospitality facilities for a matchday with no notice given. That can't be allowed to happen in a mutually beneficial partnership.

As Grendel says, a lot more complex than simply the amount of money we're prepared to pay.
And the lack of trust both ways but like I keep banging on about businesses deal with other businesses all the time that they don’t get on with and it’s just about making a mutually beneficial deal. I will be laughing my head off if wasps fail to make a deal and go out of business next season

johnwillomagic

With current circumstances and with spectators not being allowed into grounds it makes sense for SISU to wait it out and hopefully if we do go back to the Ricoh be in a much stronger position to strike a much better deal which makes sense financially. Also St Andrews pitch much better currently for our playing style.

As a matter of interest which pubs did you take in pre/post match at St Andrews?
I didn't think crawl to the ground was that good tbh, but better than the Ricoh, I may have taken in wrong pubs maybe?
I do miss Highfield Road for the pub crawl - could take in some great pubs back in the day on way up from Cov station.

shepardo01

The trust did that on purpose to stop people asking about it and deflect away from it.
Think Wasps are playing them... as far as I know, they still think it to be the case and have "heard/know of other instances where it has happened"
This is worrying that this is still being peddled as it is very divisive...if you are inclined to believe it!!
Or it could be that the trust are falling apart, Wasps are struggling a bit more due to Covid19 so it may now not be on the agenda to push this "misinformation"
Who knows!

Last edited:

Paxman II

We will be back at the Ricoh next season. It's as simple as apple pie because it makes even more sense now than ever before. It will be good for WASP, it will be good for Coventry, it will be good for the council, it will be good for the City of Culture......what's not to like?

CCFC54321

We will be back at the Ricoh next season. It's as simple as apple pie because it makes even more sense now than ever before. It will be good for WASP, it will be good for Coventry, it will be good for the council, it will be good for the City of Culture......what's not to like?
When has the city council ever given a pigs burp about Coventry and the people it’s supposed to represent?

Users who are viewing this thread