Ricoh protests for every home game (1 Viewer)

chickentikkamasala

Not my idea but have seen it suggested in threads before, but what publicity would be created if people boycott the Northampton stadium on home games and turn up at the Ricoh?

The issue with protest like this is publicity and if we could get this idea through to the media I'm sure it would be far more successful than any other previous protests.

Coventry telegraph! Come on you support the fact no one wants to travel to Northampton, well grab this idea and start publicity with your paper to get this rolling, former players could turn up in support and even former managers, having them here would bring the press and ultimately more coverage of our plight.

ACL, open the doors to the Ricoh on the first game of the season, open the bars and food courts, put some huge screen up and put the FA cup final on a big screen for all to watch, kids could have signatures of ex players, BBQ could be lit if the weather was nice!

6000+ supporters at the Ricoh would be a real embarrassment for the club and raise our plight to not just people in Coventry but around the world.

chickentikkamasala

Bad idea? Many people moaning but very few suggesting ways to make us heard louder!

Easy to sit and moan on forums but getting off your backside and actually doing something takes a little more effort, we have 1,000's of threads saying how bad Sisu are and repeating the same sh*t but very few to say what people are prepared to do.. "I'm with acl" I'm with "Sisu" that means sh*t !

If people spent less time arguing who they are siding with and more time doing something maybe just maybe we could be heard louder!

_brian_

Bad idea? Many people moaning but very few suggesting ways to make us heard louder!

Easy to sit and moan on forums but getting off your backside and actually doing something takes a little more effort, we have 1,000's of threads saying how bad Sisu are and repeating the same sh*t but very few to say what people are prepared to do.. "I'm with acl" I'm with "Sisu" that means sh*t !

If people spent less time arguing who they are siding with and more time doing something maybe just maybe we could be heard louder!

You won't curry* favour with that tone on here! LOL!

(*Look at his username! Just have a look and then you'll get my joke!!!)

Buster

There seemed to be a good thread going to support a protest on the first home game . Anything happening!

chickentikkamasala

There seemed to be a good thread going to support a protest on the first home game . Anything happening!

One of the problems with this forum is too many people make new threads to say the same thing, threads get lost and pushed away far too quickly, the moderation of posts that continually repeat the same points makes reading hard.

Come back 1hr later and it's 5 pages down, whilst the forum may be busy which I accept, without "better" moderation of posts, this makes it very difficult to gain support for such ideas, people will often only read the first 2 pages of new threads :-(

Oh well was trying to out an idea in place that could gain support, until then maybe I will just create new threads with repeated ideas like everyone else lol

Ps I prefer madras ;-)

chickentikkamasala

So who would support this idea by actually attending the Ricoh on our first home game of the season?

A simple YES to attend and NO if you wouldn't, I'm sure if it was to have enough support ACL and former players may throw their support in!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Hey Chicken....I just dug up & bumped the thread I think you're talking about....

I believe this to be the most effective & most popular "protest"..... A big turn out for some fun, beers & a family day at the Ricoh.....

....but apparently, if its not on fucking facebook, the trust can't read it....:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread