Ricoh Parking (1 Viewer)

TomS91

A bit of advice please. What's the on-site parking at the Ricoh like in terms of queuing to leave? I've always parked at Christ the King which is generally no hassle but wondering what the ones at the ground are like. I'll be coming from/going to the M6 most of the time. Cheers in advance.

chiefdave

Only know one person who has used it but he's always said its a complete free for all. Stewards disappear by the end of the game so there's no traffic management on the way out. Also nobody stops pick ups on Judds Lane which blocks the road and there's no traffic management on the roundabout.

Apparently they also stopped opening the barrier from the car park to the A444 because 'too many people were getting run over'.

shmmeee

The one time I used it because I wanted to get away earlier it was a nightmare and I’d have been quicker almost anywhere else. Not sure how unlucky I was.

slowpoke

Parking at Ricoh on match days is a pain in the ass which imo is a put off. There are a few places around the ground for a fiver or so Oban Road area St. Thomas’s church I think just aswell parking there.

edgy

Car Park C is ok, if you pick the right spot (along the side of the car park). Get away bang on final whistle and race walk back.

The rest are a bit shit as mentioned. Will be worse this season. They stop the traffic to allow only the away supporters coaches to leave.

rob9872

Do we get revenue now? Would rather park off site if it goes to wasps

D

Deleted member 4439

Car Park C is ok, if you pick the right spot (along the side of the car park). Get away bang on final whistle and race walk back.

The rest are a bit shit as mentioned. Will be worse this season. They stop the traffic to allow only the away supporters coaches to leave.

Never had too much of a problem if you're out the doors smartish. Just been a couple of occasions when we've been held back for unexplained reason.

An alternative that was quite good, again if you were smartish, was the scrapyard parking, but I think that yard's been sold on?

SAJ

Used to park in car park B until they upped all the prices. Have never been one to have to rush out at final whistle. Never really had a problem getting out of that car park but I guess I didn’t get back to the car until 15 minutes after the end.

Mcbean

Not been up there but haven’t they built on car park C - the pricing was a rip off for our games -other events used to be £5

stevefloyd

I despised giving the insects a tenner for parking but found a site where its 6 quid to park just a mad dash getting back to the car followed by 15 minutes of oxygen

standupforcity

Yep that's my experience...

Liquid Gold

It's gonna be so great not having to drive to st andrews and back.

giphy.gif

AOM

Yep, this pretty much.
If you didn't time it right, it was usually a proper free for all and paying a tenner for the privilege was a bit steep

AOM

One thing I will miss from St Andrews is being able to park in the streets next to the ground.

From what I remember, the nearest residential parking at the Ricoh was like a 25 minute walk?
Not bad in the summer, but a bit grim midweek in January

Users who are viewing this thread