Ricoh owned by SISU V No more club (1 Viewer)

Sisu owned Ricoh V CCFC RIP.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimmyhillsfanclub

It's irrelevant. Just abstain.

What the poll does tell us though is that more people would rather there be no CCFC at all than a CCFC under the temporary stewardship of SISU.

The lunatics have taken over.

Fucking BINGO....the very simple, straightforward & (I thought) obvious point of the poll.

Thank you theferret.

Manchester_sky_blue

It's irrelevant. Just abstain.

What the poll does tell us though is that more people would rather there be no CCFC at all than a CCFC under the temporary stewardship of SISU.

The lunatics have taken over.

As far as im concerned there is no CCFC. The club that was CCFC died the second they kicked off at Sixfields. It could be resurrected if the club currently calling itself CCFC returns to Coventry under new ownership but i don't want to wait 5 years on the off chance that it might happen.

RegTheDonk

2 would lead to 1 anyway. Stadium owned by Sisu company in the Cayman Islands with crippling rent for CCFC's new owners.

Bill, this is my concern too.

I would love this to end, even put up with a SISU owned stadium just so we could come "home" and get on with it. But you're right, SISU would employ the same crippling rent they are accusing ACL of - or sell the place on for such a huge profit that nobody would buy it, or it would leave new owners unable to develop the team.

Screwed either option I think.

Noggin

Why would they do that? That would make no sense whatsoever. What do you mean 'take' the stadium? What, like take it to Joy Seppala's hollowed out volvano in the Pacific to be used as a play house for all her sinister looking cats?

If CCFC get the stadium, arvo put a charge on it, ccfc move back to the Ricoh, our crowds rise to 8k as alot of people come back but plenty won't some on principle some just because we are at the wrong end of the table.

Now the club is still losing a couple of mill per year and we owe sisu 70mill, at this point why would sisu not liquidate? they get to keep the ricoh, get the money from any player sales and any other assets, no longer are they paying out millions in wages. They would probably then sell the Ricoh too.

The other option is they sell the whole lot as a package and all is hunky dory, but I'm not convinced this brings them the most money.

RegTheDonk

.....Now the club is still losing a couple of mill per year and we owe sisu 70mill, at this point why would sisu not liquidate? they get to keep the ricoh, get the money from any player sales and any other assets, no longer are they paying out millions in wages. They would probably then sell the Ricoh too...

Not sure on that, much of this circus has centered on SISU trying to get the stadium by upsetting ACL, while ACL reckon they don't need CCFC.

If SISU liquidated, they would have in effect a stadium without a team - not much sell on value in that.

And I don't think there's enough people who would support a phoenix club so far down in the leagues to make it profitable option - SISU want to buy the Ricoh for peanuts, but they don't want to sell it for that.

Buster

Being as you have only posted 2 options its wrong to jump to conclusions on the result . The result points to the fact that since a football was first kicked there have not been many owners of a club hated more than our present encumbants. it also points out that when it comes to hardball the fans can be just as resolute, fighting to the end . Or should we say ,til the game is won!

Grendel

Being as you have only posted 2 options its wrong to jump to conclusions on the result . The result points to the fact that since a football was first kicked there have not been many owners of a club hated more than our present encumbants. it also points out that when it comes to hardball the fans can be just as resolute, fighting to the end . Or should we say ,til the game is won!

People don't want the game won -- they want to give in form a new club and bum around the Midland Combination for a few years. Anyone voting one is one of the following;

Council employee
ACL emloyee
WUM
A brain dead idiot

Or all 4

mark82

People don't want the game won -- they want to give in form a new club and bum around the Midland Combination for a few years. Anyone voting one is one of the following;

Council employee
ACL emloyee
WUM
A brain dead idiot

Or all 4

Alright then genius.

Anyone voting 2 must be:

Sisu employee
Joy and Tim's love child
WUM
Evil Genius
Me

I voted 2 so not sure which of those I am. People are entitled to their individual opinion.

Houdi

Didn't vote for either. Although option1 is a possibility. Can't really conceive their being any chance of option 2 happening anyway. I think most fans believe that hell will freeze over before CCC would agree even a partial sale to SISU.

Grendel

Alright then genius.

Anyone voting 2 must be:

Sisu employee
Joy and Tim's love child
WUM
Evil Genius
Me

I voted 2 so not sure which of those I am. People are entitled to their individual opinion.

How can any supporter of a club that is in League One actually vote for an option that means they prefer to die than have current owners in their owm stadium. Sorry that is bonkers and deserves ridicule.

Manchester_sky_blue

How can any supporter of a club that is in League One actually vote for an option that means they prefer to die than have current owners in their owm stadium. Sorry that is bonkers and deserves ridicule.

For the simple reason that it would not be our own stadium and because our current owners are killing the club anyway. IF we could have a new owner who would also buy the Ricoh and return us permanently to our proper home then great, brilliant, sign me up. But a return to the Ricoh under SISU would change nothing.

mark82

We could and would come back from option 1, and probably stronger. That said I would probably still prefer option 2. Either way we would get to play in Coventry again.

Grendel

For the simple reason that it would not be our own stadium and because our current owners are killing the club anyway. IF we could have a new owner who would also buy the Ricoh and return us permanently to our proper home then great, brilliant, sign me up. But a return to the Ricoh under SISU would change nothing.

The most likely way to make this happen is to get the club back at an owned Ricoh and they will then sell.

Grendel

We could and would come back from option 1, and probably stronger. That said I would probably still prefer option 2. Either way we would get to play in Coventry again.

No evidence to suggest that at all I'm afraid.

RegTheDonk

The most likely way to make this happen is to get the club back at an owned Ricoh and they will then sell.

Yes but who would buy a struggling league one team and a just about making a profit stadium at the price SISU will put on it?

Grendel

We would do as long as fans backed the team/club. Wimbledon are back at what is their natural position, as are Chester and Halifax.

The difference is that was only one club. We have the potential of two clubs in 2 stadiums and the returning club is the real club.

RoboCCFC90

53.57% say Option 2...

I am happy about this I don't want Coventry City to die and that was the point of my earlier thread. Yes SISU have done what they have done and there is no excusing that, but if it comes down to having CCFC in a SISU Owned Ricoh Arena or dying then it has to be to be a SISU owned RA.

I still think someone needs to stop the warring parties who are at loggerheads, no one is benefitting from it and it's just damaging more and more people in so many ways, however I find this difficult that anyone will stop this.

ajsccfc

Tell you who only includes two options? Tim Fisher, or one of his Shitsu apologist scab mates.

señor Santiago

Ricoh has to be split up.The council should sell all the non football business of the ricoh to a non Sisu party.And give the stadium to SISU on a lease with no sell on clauses and fixed rent. So they can not hold the ccfc to ransom

señor Santiago

Coventry Council would sell the stadium for 30 million. Sisu could take ownership straight away. No lost of income from 5 years playing at sixfields.It would be win win situation.Sisu would be all to keep all the pie money.

RoboCCFC90

Wheres the incentive for SISU to go for a deal like that?

It's actually not a bad idea.

SISU for 30 Million are not going to be able to build a stadium which has the specification of the Ricoh, offering them all the Footballing side of the Arena isn't a bad idea, but is it possible?

RoboCCFC90

SISU for £30,000,000 are not going to be able to build a stadium which has the specification of the Ricoh, offering them all the Footballing side of the Arena isn't a bad idea, but is it possible??

Nick, an edit gone wrong!!

Last edited:

ccfcmustang

Havent read the thread but the poll is living proof of the division of our supporters. I believe it is the trusts job to call a forum to call something where we can all get our opinions across and figure out how to unite ourselves and head in the same direction. Sky Blue Trust must be the driving force for us fans regardless of our feelings towards them.

Users who are viewing this thread