Ricoh Olympics Announcement Cock-up (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

Just now, on R5, talking about the error of calling it the Ricoh at some Olympics ceremony, then had to backtrack and call it the City Of Coventry Stadium! It was an incredibly sarcastic piece in general. "Best known as the home of Coventry City, who usually play there..not very well, usually."

Gray

That SISU subliminaly planted the word ricoh in into the minds of the Olympic organisers in the hope of getting some advertising revenue

CJparker

No, it was just a piece about how sponsorship for the Olmpics will mean that all non-approved logos, from 10 foot high Ricoh letters to the "Ideal Standard" logo in the bogs will have to be covered up, and they used "the city of Coventry stadium" as an example

BenInTurin

Facebook User
BBC bashing Coventry?

Or quite simply stating the obvious?

I've not heard the program but if they're talking about having to cover all the signs why do they have to start knocking the team as well? We're already in a crappy situation as it is.

What can you expect from the beeb these days anyway when they have that bellend savage as a pundit!

CJparker

Why weren't knocking us - I listened to it and they essentially said that "most people will know the City of Coventry Stadium as the Ricoh Arena, especially the fans of Coventry City who play there - not very well this season unfortunately" - fairly innocuosu remark and no mickey-taking intended I think

Users who are viewing this thread