Ricoh Lease... (3 Viewers)

Grendel

How was the Coventry City £1.3m Ricoh Arena rent bill decided
So it was based on the estimated rate of return ( interest ) CCC could expect from the Stadium
The big error was it assumed more income other than CCFC - which never happened
There was also an assumption CCFC would be in the Premier with no contingency should that not happen
The final paragrapn in that article is also informative

The Ricoh Arena dream that one council official thought was a joke

Exactly

Two arguments are presented by Higgs and the council and neither stand up to scrutiny

PWKH claimed it was the rent paid to the builders at high field road - it wasn’t

The council claim it was to avoid European state aid laws but again it’s not true as that was only when the club had a half share. The council carried on with that policy after the share was sold

Liquid Gold

The guy on twitter also saying he doesn’t come on here any more but is still obviously reading threads. Haha, what a numpty.

Skybluemichael

Think sisu biggest problem was not playing hard ball to start with, passed owner didn’t want it to go in to admin, lose to much money for them, but sisu where paying the bills long before they officially took over so they jumped in both feet that I think weakened there hand, also having fisher as the mouthpiece for so long didn’t help, I wonder how bobby would have handled it?

Ian1779

On your reasoning WASPS have not paid anything either

They raised £35m of other people's money on the back of an beneficial deal with CCC
The first 3 interest payments were specifically earmarked as coming out of the £35m - so the Bond Holders paid them selves
£10m was to pay back a loan from their owners
Until the £35m is repaid the cost to WASPS is ?????

This is an important point. Both entities are mercenaries, Wasps had a better PR set up.

Peter Billing Eyes

When the Ricoh isn't an option what do we do? I still believe a stadium on the outskirts would be fine as long as transport links are good. If you moved the Ricoh a couple of hundred yards up the road and it was in Bedworth it wouldn't make it any more difficult to get to than it is, it wouldn't really make any difference at all other than some people would flounce about some imaginary boundary that changes over time anyway.
If you are talking about creating a stadium a couple of hundred yards up the road or on the outskirts, any planning consultation would still involve Coventry City Council even if it came under Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough. If you created a development in Bedworth or Nuneaton proper, it’s not really that different to when Wasps rocked up in Coventry when the city had an existing rugby team.

NorthernWisdom

Sisu were awful owners and the six fields move and comment by Mr Fisher were deluded about the expected numbers. Handled so much better this time at St Andrews by pretty much everyone, maybe not cwr.
I would say that Fisher's numbers were entirely appropriate when compared as a percentage, compared to other clubs who'd emigrated. Their PR effort was shocking, then, however. Now? Their PR and getting people onside is a lot, lot better. They've certainly learned that much.

Senior Vick from Alicante

When the Ricoh isn't an option what do we do? I still believe a stadium on the outskirts would be fine as long as transport links are good. If you moved the Ricoh a couple of hundred yards up the road and it was in Bedworth it wouldn't make it any more difficult to get to than it is, it wouldn't really make any difference at all other than some people would flounce about some imaginary boundary that changes over time anyway.
There's a 9 acre industrial brownfield site for sale on the road between Coventry and Bulkington, so there are sights around. Having the money and the will is a different thing.

Liquid Gold

Simple fact is sisu should have been like all the other potential owners in ‘07 and said they wouldn’t bother without ownership of the stadium. The club should have gone into admin then and broken the lease but Ray Ranson and Gary Hoffman were fucking charlatans that wanted to play football club.

Last edited:

chiefdave

Simple fact is sisu should have been like all the other potential owners in ‘07 and said they wouldn’t bother without ownership of the stadium. The club should have gone into admin then and broken the lease but Ray Ranson and Gary Hoffman were fucking charlatans that wanted to play football club.
Of course the way that whole process went with KMPG is another indication that the idea CCC's attitude towards the club is just because of SISU is incorrect. It started well before they arrived here.

Nick

Administrator
I think the fact half that Twitter conversation is people who have blocked, it kind of sums it up.

The bloke who started it, he has no interest in actual facts. He just makes things up, throws them out there and then whinges when he gets corrected.

If I remember, he didn't go to games at the Ricoh but then started telling people they weren't fans if they didn't agree with something the Trust said. When his bullshit was corrected with facts, he then played the victim and blocked. Not surprising he believes everything that "Fisherbaiter" used to preach, gobbled it all up.

Now gives it loads while blocking so people can't reply and correct him, standard.

chiefdave

Its a bit weird to read a forum, disagree but not post and then go onto another platform to moan about it. That's before you even consider the comments about people still posting at night when he's still clearly reading and posting about it!

Just post on here and argue your point. People seem to confuse being called out on factual inaccuracies with being bullied.

Nick

Administrator
Its a bit weird to read a forum, disagree but not post and then go onto another platform to moan about it. That's before you even consider the comments about people still posting at night when he's still clearly reading and posting about it!

Just post on here and argue your point. People seem to confuse being called out on factual inaccuracies with being bullied.

I think he asked for his account to be deleted because of the same thing. Didn't like random inaccuracies correcting.

More than welcome to sign up again to put his point across, I guess it is easier to block people and then give it loads so people only agree.

Ian1779

I think the fact half that Twitter conversation is people who have blocked, it kind of sums it up.

The bloke who started it, he has no interest in actual facts. He just makes things up, throws them out there and then whinges when he gets corrected.

If I remember, he didn't go to games at the Ricoh but then started telling people they weren't fans if they didn't agree with something the Trust said. When his bullshit was corrected with facts, he then played the victim and blocked. Not surprising he believes everything that "Fisherbaiter" used to preach, gobbled it all up.

Now gives it loads while blocking so people can't reply and correct him, standard.

He must work for Dominic Cummings on the side...

Users who are viewing this thread