Ricoh deal done? (1 Viewer)

better days

Seat colours can be changed with a spray on plastic coating I guess
With a deal in place the club would be more attractive to potential buyers

Otis

Seat colours can be changed with a spray on plastic coating I guess
With a deal in place the club would be more attractive to potential buyers
There's a stadium (in Germany I believe) that has dual colour seating where the seats are just flipped and reversed between two colours dependant on who is playing there.

Specs WT-R75

No one will be changing the seats. It costs money.

I agree that Wasps will not be changing the seats, however if they got a new stadium sponsor they might want the flexibility to allow them to rebrand them. Bottom line here I guess is the "possibility" that the seat colours might change...

Skybluefaz

Jeez three pages of conjecture talking about colour of our landlords seats!

Get a life.
And you've read it all
giphy.gif

oucho

Another rumour I heard at Stevenage is that the club is projected to fall £750k short of expected revenue targets by the end of January, and SISU are not wanting to plug more money in. Therefore, we either raise this money through player sales or we stop paying our bills if we are to keep going.

Now, I don't know how well informed this person was (not having a go at the person who said it, but I just don't know how well he knows) or whether he's been fed a deliberate line for some reason, but with crowds at the level they're at, this does sound plausible.

bradwellskyblues

if that is true and it sounds plausible it makes this Sundays game rather important as fa cup 3rd round would be a major bonus,it also raises the point if they wont fund the club why wont they sell it

oucho

if that is true and it sounds plausible it makes this Sundays game rather important as fa cup 3rd round would be a major bonus,it also raises the point if they wont fund the club why wont they sell it

I wouldn't overly worry about Borehamwood....I'd be more worried about pulling out a rubbish tie like Hartlepool away or something (no disrespect and I don't know if they're even still in it).

The second comment is based on the position some time ago of "we want to run at break even, the club will have to generate its own money, we won't put new money in" - that's not news. But what is news, is that our crowds have left us a long way behind the break-even revenue point.

Otis

I wouldn't overly worry about Borehamwood....I'd be more worried about pulling out a rubbish tie like Hartlepool away or something (no disrespect and I don't know if they're even still in it).

The second comment is based on the position some time ago of "we want to run at break even, the club will have to generate its own money, we won't put new money in" - that's not news. But what is news, is that our crowds have left us a long way behind the break-even revenue point.
And our home performances have left the crowds not wanting to return.

bradwellskyblues

in all honesty the crowds will not rise unless until some major changes occur ,promotion or change of ownership being probably the only 2 things to achieve that and the latter the more important

oucho

And our home performances have left the crowds not wanting to return.
It's that vicious cycle again. I for one believe nothing much will come of this, other than us trying to offload players to close the budget gap. If they can't do that, they'll just have to plug the funding shortfall....they might do that by cutting the budget next season, but that would continue the cycle of worse football, fewer fans. One day, the penny might drop that we're going to have to invest to succeed and that the "break even" model is a recipe for perpetually diminishing returns.

Colin Steins Smile

the penny will never drop with our current owners if we do not achieve promotion this season i really dread to think what will happen
The stench of decay has been overwhelming at our club over the past years. We've looked like a business that is inept and has no vision or has a strategic plan that looks credible to improve our circumstances. Unfortunately, I feel we need some external investment to improve our chances of resurrecting our club, which on current form will not happen. Therefore, the future is difficult as we bumble along, potentially further downwards.

letsallsingtogether

Remember reading an article about safe standing and that cost £80 a seat which they compared to £60 a seat for regular seating. So you're looking at nearly £2m just for the seats.
Or they could wait for the B&Q sale.
Other retailers are available.;)

covcity4life

MUST get promotion this year

a super home 3rd round tie vs man u or liverpool etc would be great but i also wouldnt mind home tie vs any non league teams left as prize money is same for every 3rd round tie and also when in 4th round we can either get big team or another winnable tie and then go to 5th and repeat qf and repeat sf and repeat and then fa cup championssssssssssssssss

Esoterica

Another rumour I heard at Stevenage is that the club is projected to fall £750k short of expected revenue targets by the end of January, and SISU are not wanting to plug more money in. Therefore, we either raise this money through player sales or we stop paying our bills if we are to keep going.

Now, I don't know how well informed this person was (not having a go at the person who said it, but I just don't know how well he knows) or whether he's been fed a deliberate line for some reason, but with crowds at the level they're at, this does sound plausible.
750k shortfall by the end of January is massive. It's the equivalent of them expecting an extra 1900+ walk ups per game (at 26 quid) across the 15 home matches we'd have played by then and would mean they'd budgeted for around 9500 attendances. Unless there's another huge area of missing revenue I'm ignoring (and I'm clearly no financial expert) that would seem to be a huge delta at that point in a L2 season.
If it is true, and I'm sceptical of that because it just sounds made up, then I'm not sure we even have anyone fit who'd command that kind of fee - would need to sell 2 or 3.

oucho

750k shortfall by the end of January is massive. It's the equivalent of them expecting an extra 1900+ walk ups per game (at 26 quid) across the 15 home matches we'd have played by then and would mean they'd budgeted for around 9500 attendances. Unless there's another huge area of missing revenue I'm ignoring (and I'm clearly no financial expert) that would seem to be a huge delta at that point in a L2 season.
If it is true, and I'm sceptical of that because it just sounds made up, then I'm not sure we even have anyone fit who'd command that kind of fee - would need to sell 2 or 3.
I'm not saying it's true, just passing on what I heard. Indeed you would think that 9500 gates all season would be optimistic, but then we're talking about a chairman who thought we'd get 7k at Northampton. We've made losses of far more than £750k before now so it doesn't necessarily sound implausible.

Edit - as we got 9118 average gate last season, perhaps they really did think getting to 9.5k with a promotion campaign was realistic.

Otis

I'm not saying it's true, just passing on what I heard. Indeed you would think that 9500 gates all season would be optimistic, but then we're talking about a chairman who thought we'd get 7k at Northampton. We've made losses of far more than £750k before now so it doesn't necessarily sound implausible.
Well if Stevenson retains his place and starts putting in good performances we could get someone back in for him in January I suppose.

CovisGod

I've just bought the Ricoh on my Football Manager 18 game, after back to back to back promotions Cov are now a mid-table Prem side.

£86m it cost to buy the Ricoh if anyone cares....

Captain Dart

If there is a deal and it’s a ten year deal, which complies with EFL rules
could that put a value on someone buying us off sisu ? let’s hope so.
It may also open the gates for stadium sponsorship, I wonder if Boddy got any concessions on that?

oucho

Good timing though considering they are having a jolly in court tomorrow.
You have to say, when they're off in court again it does make you think that a fresh 10 year deal sounds a bit unlikely. Still, we live in hope.

Esoterica

You have to say, when they're off in court again it does make you think that a fresh 10 year deal sounds a bit unlikely. Still, we live in hope.
Unless they know in advance it's getting chucked out and so have the rent announcement ready?

oucho

Unless they know in advance it's getting chucked out and so have the rent announcement ready?
In which case, why turn up at the court? Why not call the proceedings off altogether?

Sky Blue Kid

13-things-all-girls-who-lift-will-understand_237398.jpg

Nice to see you can count to 3 too ;)

Otis

i didnt mind the first few appeals as clear council are corrupt but they are losing every one. time to stop
It's like my keep sending letters to Lauren Cohen asking her to go out with me and her keep refusing and telling me to go away, but my then not ever giving up.

Mcbean

There's a stadium (in Germany I believe) that has dual colour seating where the seats are just flipped and reversed between two colours dependant on who is playing there.
The Munich stadium changes the colour of the outside at night depending on who is playing - two teams play there domestically

Users who are viewing this thread