Ricoh / Compass etc (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Wonder what their next move will be ?

SkyBlueUkeman

I imagine Compass may pull out. No point basing staff at a place where they are getting few customers. Although that depends all on how many conferences/ concerts they get in this year.

M&B Stand

I imagine Compass may pull out. No point basing staff at a place where they are getting few customers. Although that depends all on how many conferences/ concerts they get in this year.

Or sell their contract to the club and give sisu no excuse for not to come back.

Flying Fokker

That could actually work for CCFC in the long run. Compass have a contract. If they break it then that will be an opportunity to set something up for any anchor team to share in the profits or perhaps take all matchday revenues from F&B.

Warwickhunt

ACL own 72 % of Compass so they are intrinsically linked ACL knew exactly what they were doing when the F&B was offered to SISU for £24million, ACL are now in deep shit and the CCC cannot offer any kind of financial support

M&B Stand

the club would have to employ staff to serve us and buy the stock in,it's not all about the income,you have to pay out first.

Well I never. With business acumen like that you wanna get yourself on the apprentice.

Agree with blueflint, why didn't/don't they make an offer for the catering contract? It's not worth much now.

deanocity3

Well I never. With business acumen like that you wanna get yourself on the apprentice.

Agree with blueflint, why didn't/don't they make an offer for the catering contract? It's not worth much now.

fisher keeps saying we want the catering revenues, how much does he expect to make from them? At the moment they would save £1m on the yearly rent,surely that the same as making £1m

SISU dont want to own anything, as that requires investment, they want to take income or buy low and sell high. They are a HEDGE FUND not football owners....when will people understand this????!!!!!

They buy distressed assets, asset strip, re-package and sell on. They have already sold everybody they can, they're trying to force ACL into selling them the RICOH at a knock down price so they can sell it all on at a profit.

ACL are trying to make the facility work or recover their investment.

Its actually very simple. Neither are acting in the best interests of the club or the fans, but at least ACL are trying to act in the best interests of the City and people of Coventry (even if not the fans of the team)

duffer

ACL own 72 % of Compass so they are intrinsically linked ACL knew exactly what they were doing when the F&B was offered to SISU for £24million, ACL are now in deep shit and the CCC cannot offer any kind of financial support

Actually, Compass are enormous, if ACL owned 72% of them they wouldn't have to worry about anything.

A joint company (IEC?) was set up between Compass and ACL to handle F & B at the Ricoh. Compass wanted to buy in rather than just supply, presumably. ACL own 70%+ of that company.

On that basis, with regard to pressure from Compass, I don't think ACL are in the sh*t yet, although I get the sense here that many would delight if they were. This seems odd given their ownership rests between the taxpayer and a charity.

As for a deal on F&B, as I recall SISU didn't even avail themselves of a chance to discuss that. It was all about the rent being too high to start off with, then when that seemed resovled it moved to an issue about F&B. Now it's all about owning our own stadium.

Maybe when Fisher stops moving the goalposts their might be some sort of deal to be had, until then I've seen no evidence that SISU's plan is anything other than to distress ACL into selling up on the cheap.

You can support that plan if you want, but personally I think it's odious.

Mr T - Sukka!

They will have to look at staging boxing David Haye fight or simular. Think about it they are in a great position, empty stadium they can fill the book now.

Dont forget we are slap bang in the middle of the country prime location to put on events.

Or more music concerts like Muse, Coldplay and Springsteen.

J

Jack Griffin

That could actually work for CCFC in the long run. Compass have a contract. If they break it then that will be an opportunity to set something up for any anchor team to share in the profits or perhaps take all matchday revenues from F&B.

Compass run the day to day operational side of whole site not just the matchday catering, the hotel, the conferences everything.

Fisher & SISU have absolutely no expertise or support to manage an operation that big.

Users who are viewing this thread