Ricoh Arena on August 25th Sky Blues' ladies (1 Viewer)

Sub

http://www.shekicks.net/news/view/8243

Latest League News

9bd0d69f3fbfaee9ed9ab4d3aa3934a5.jpg
Posted 14 minutes ago in
FA WPLCoventry At Ricoh Arena

In a strange twist of fate, with the Coventry City men's team exiled to Northampton, the Sky Blues' ladies begin their season at the Ricoh Arena.

Coventry City will kick-off their Premier League Southern Division campaign at the Ricoh Arena on August 25th, when Lewes are the visitors.
Admission is adults £5, concessions £3 and car parking £2.
Tickets can be bought online at www.ticketfactory.co.uk.
The Ricoh Arena played host to the FA Women's Cup Final in 2011, when Arsenal beat Bristol Academy in front of a crowd approaching 14,000.

just incase anybody wants to support the local team at the ricoh:D

quinn1971

Seeing as acl aren't bothered either if we're back at the ricoh shouldn't it be not one penny more to acl aswell as sisu . They're just as guilty of screwing our club over.

RoboCCFC90

If they could top 14,000 people that would be magnificent and a real message, sadly though I doubt this..

jimmyhillsfanclub

If they could top 14,000 people that would be magnificent and a real message, sadly though I doubt this..

....nicely understated RoboCCFC90...

I would suggest that even if they played topless & everyone got a free pint, you'd still be lucky to get anywhere near 14,000....

RoboCCFC90

....nicely understated RoboCCFC90...

I would suggest that even if they played topless & everyone got a free pint, you'd still be lucky to get anywhere near 14,000....

I think I would make the trip from Devon just for that!

RoboCCFC90

Just had a look at their website, there are some real cuties in that team.

Now awaiting a knock on the door from Operation Yewtree!

I am starting to wonder if I take Binoculars in with me would the staff at the Arena be more suspicious?

italiahorse

Seeing as acl aren't bothered either if we're back at the ricoh shouldn't it be not one penny more to acl aswell as sisu . They're just as guilty of screwing our club over.

Why are they not bothered?
Surely while the stadium is empty you find short term projects. After all the pitch is being maintained superbly.
If CCFC came back all these other projects could be accommodated or just stopped altogether.

yawn yawn another meaningless game at the ricoh put on by greedy bastards ACL shame on the fans that cant see they as guilty as sisu FACT!!!!! I'll be at sixfields cheering on the lads i intend not miss a game this season PUSB!!!!!

ecky

yawn yawn another meaningless game at the ricoh put on by greedy bastards ACL shame on the fans that cant see they as guilty as sisu FACT!!!!! I'll be at sixfields cheering on the lads i intend not miss a game this season PUSB!!!!!

See you on the hill then, :claping hands:

Godiva

Just had a look at their website, there are some real cuties in that team.

Now awaiting a knock on the door from Operation Yewtree!

Do you know if they exchange shirts after the match?

chiefdave

sure ACL will be making millions with parking at £2 a go.

MarcMassey

Hello sir,

This isn't 'another meaningless game'. It is the opening Premier League (South) fixture for the Coventry City Ladies. It was always scheduled to take place at 2pm on Sunday 25th August. Moving the game to the Ricoh Arena will hopefully see a big crowd come along to support the girls and, additionally, go some way towards helping with the increased travel costs that have come from being moved into a league where the nearest opposition (Chesham United) are based a good 80 miles away.

Ultimately CCLFC are a growing club who have made enormous strides in recent years and now have an opportunity to host a game at a 32,500 capacity venue which has previously hosted an FA Cup Final and an Olympic Quarter-Final, both games attracted excellent crowds and hopefully the Coventry public will turn out in good numbers to back their side.

On the pitch the majority of last seasons side have remained with the club. They won the Birmingham County Cup and famously hammered Villa 4:1 at Villa Park towards the end of last season. There has been a change of manager over the summer with former Bristol Academy coach Craig Nicholls coming in and pre-season preparations have gone well with a defeat to English champions Arsenal followed by victories over Leicester (5:3) and MK Dons (10:0). The sides preparations continue this Sunday when they host Sheffield FC at Sphinx Drive, that one is a 2pm kick-off for anyone that fancies seeing a game.

Finally, I'd say this isn't a case of ACL v SISU with this game. CCLFC have always played at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon and would have done so regardless of the venue. It's in no-one's interest for the two sides to be in competition, what everyone wants (I think) is a strong Coventry City, whether that be the men, women, academy or any of the other sides that pull on the Sky Blue shirts, playing in Coventry and competing for the top honours available to them. Whatever your viewpoint, lets just hope everything can be sorted out and the entire club can move forward, in Coventry, and in the years to come all this is put behind us and we can go on and enjoy some better times. In the meantime though, the ladies are up the Ricoh on the 25th, it's a fiver to get in and if you do want to come along I hope you enjoy it, have a good time and come and see a few more games. The website is at http://www.cclfc.co.uk where you can keep up to date with the latest news and fixtures and the side are on twitter @CoventryCityLFC and if you want to see what the players look like there are photo's from the game on Sunday against MK Dons at the following link; http://www.flickr.com/photos/wren-media/sets/72157635039493437/

PUSB

pw362

Will be there with 6 others. As MarcMassey says couple of thousand at this game would significantly help them this season. Also a big two fingers up to SISU. Watching a team called Coventry City playing in Coventry.

Grendel

Grow up, ACL have been screwed from pillar to post by SISU, and SISU continue to try to screw them

Stick to nursing the wounded in the Crimea - it's more you area of expertise.

letsallsingtogether

I'll be there regardless don't care I don't believe the lies that sisu spread about everyone being at fault but themselves

Users who are viewing this thread