Ricoh arena 2021 (1 Viewer)

JimmyAndreson

Hello, I’m an American man city fan since 2010. I am 19 and am very out of the loop with the Coventry stadium situation. I am a huge English football fan and respect the fact that Coventry is actually a massive uk club historically. I find it sad they no longer have a home stadium. Can someone please explain the situation to me, best regards - chase.

edgy

giphy.gif

Bugsy

I know we're massive but what's with all the yanks...PUSB

skyblue1991

Hello, I’m an American man city fan since 2010. I am 19 and am very out of the loop with the Coventry stadium situation. I am a huge English football fan and respect the fact that Coventry is actually a massive uk club historically. I find it sad they no longer have a home stadium. Can someone please explain the situation to me, best regards - chase.
How do you think Cov will do this season?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Sbarcher

Donald, please keep your borrowed money in your pocket.

PVA

giphy.gif

Alkhen

A bullet pointed time line of the history of the Ricoh arena would actually be genuinly useful to keep track. Could we group source one? my memory is far too sketchy to do it on my own .

would need to cover:

• Sale of Highfield Road
  • original Arena 2000 Plans
  • revised plans and Tesco deal
  • who had stakes in the stadium
  • the initial move
  • disputes over consessions money
  • 2012 rent disputes
  • SISUs failed brinkmanship
  • the exile to Sixfields
  • the 2014 return
  • The sale for the stadium to Wasps rugby
  • Blame lying with 3 parties, SISU, Wasps and the council
  • Court battles (completely lost track here far too many moving parts)
  • Mediation process
  • second exile to St. Andrews
  • 2021 return deal

Last edited:

shmmeee

A bullet pointed time line of the history of the Ricoh arena would actually be genuinly useful to keep track. Could we group source one? my memory is far too sketchy to do it on my own .

would need to cover:

• Sale of Highfield Road
  • original Arena 2000 Plans
  • revised plans and Tesco deal
  • who had stakes in the stadium
  • the initial move
  • disputes over consessions money
  • 2012 rent disputes
  • SISUs failed brinkmanship
  • the exile to Sixfields
  • the 2014 return
  • The sale for the stadium to Wasps rugby
  • Blame lying with 3 parties, SISU, Wasps and the council
  • Court battles (completely lost track here far too many moving parts)
  • Mediation process
  • second exile to St. Andrews
  • 2021 return deal

Also needs: foundation of the Premiership, collapse of ITV Digital, finances of CCFC post Richardson, sale to Alan Higgs, AH in general, probably a few other things.

Theres no obvious finger to point TBH, it’s a cavalcade of bad luck, worse managerial decisions, and lots of egos.

usskyblue

tenor.gif

letsallsingtogether

Glory Hunter.....

Greggs

Hey Chase. Have you ever had a party in the boot of your car? I hear that's quite common in Murica? Greggs

Users who are viewing this thread