Ricky Hatton - Comeback (1 Viewer)

scroobiustom

Inspired by the idea of a Ricky Hatton comeback:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/19582823

I wanted to ask who you felt has made the best sporting comeback, be it a team an individual, a single match performance or as in Hatton's case return from retirement?

I think Muhammad Ali has to be considered for an individual and the Liverpool v Milan (05) for a team - what are your thoughts?

As Sid Widell said "That's the greatest comeback since Lazarus"

Maaaaaardy

Danny Williams video was sick! Not a comeback, but on the Hatton comeback he's supposedly fighting Khan. If Khan get's a new coach and sorts a defence out, he'll absolutely ruin Hatton...

LastGarrison

Danny Williams video was sick! Not a comeback, but on the Hatton comeback he's supposedly fighting Khan. If Khan get's a new coach and sorts a defence out, he'll absolutely ruin Hatton...

It can be THE only fight he is coming back for. Would certainly generate the most money.

And I'm with you Khan dances around and absolutely destroys this version of Hatton.

LastGarrison

You got to be kidding me ain't ya Nick? Forget Haye/Chisora, forget Haye/Harrison this fight would have 10 times the hype as both fighters are well known outside of boxing circles as well as in.

It would be an absolute cringefest.

LastGarrison

Hatton has to get near him. A 34 year old Hatton who has been inactive for over 3 years at that.

I was at the MEN when he beat Tsyzu, I was in Vegas for his loss to Mayweather, I am a massive Hatton fan, however, if you think he is going to come back anywhere near what he was you are dreaming.

He can't replace the buzz, his mind is telling him he can still do it, personally I don't think his body will stand up to it. It's not like he lives a clean life outside of the ring either.

Maaaaaardy

Khan who continually gets sparked out, will beat Hatton? Dreamers.

Laughable comment considering he's been knocked out...twice. "Continually" seems to suggest, falsely, that he loses 24/7. Truth is he's an excellent fighter going forward, but he's awful defensively. If he finds a coach who can sort his defence out, he'll be class.

Real

Laughable comment considering he's been knocked out...twice. "Continually" seems to suggest, falsely, that he loses 24/7. Truth is he's an excellent fighter going forward, but he's awful defensively. If he finds a coach who can sort his defence out, he'll be class.

Khan has been defeated by boxers who are not even at World level. So overrated it's untrue. I'd take Hatton in his prime over Khan every day of the week.

Maaaaaardy

Khan has been defeated by boxers who are not even at World level. So overrated it's untrue. I'd take Hatton in his prime over Khan every day of the week.

Oh mate no denial here Hatton was better than Khan. But that is was, and Khan would dance around him and murder him. His only chance of winning would be a lucky shot, for a lucky victory. Not one he'd be winning on points at all.

LastGarrison

That ain't the point and you wouldn't get many arguing against it.

Fact is Hatton is far from his prime (a good 5 years past easily) and Khan isn't far off his.

Khan has speed and power, Hatton walks forward in straight lines. Bad bad combination.

LastGarrison

He's got Hatton Promotions, got his coaching licence and definitely ain't short of a quid or two.

Only reason must be missing the "buzz".

skybluedaze

Totally agree. Khan is so overrated. Both Kell Brook and Ricky would knock him out. Khan's all huff, puff and tippy tappy quick shots. He's also got the worst defence of ANY World/UK fighter. Whoever he fights next should be his last. I also wouldn't put it past Hatton to win a few domestic belts before he retires........AGAIN!

LastGarrison

Totally agree. Khan is so overrated. Both Kell Brook and Ricky would knock him out. Khan's all huff, puff and tippy tappy quick shots. He's also got the worst defence of ANY World/UK fighter. Whoever he fights next should be his last. I also wouldn't put it past Hatton to win a few domestic belts before he retires........AGAIN!

The bollocks talked about Khan is laughable. How has he got the worst defence of any fighter? Utter shite. Like it or not he is a decent fighter, not upper echelon world class but certainly world class.

He has lost 3 out of 29 fights but has knocked out over 60% of his oppoents and his list of beaten opponents include Judah, Malignaggi, Maidana, Barrera and Kotelnyk. Not bad for a tippy tappy puncher with the worst defence in boxing.

Reynolds_121

Khans defence is a joke. When hurt instead of tieing up, holding, or putting his guard up he opts to slug back with big punchers.

Users who are viewing this thread