Ricketts needs time out of the team (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

I'm afraid he has been pretty poor at the back for a long time now.

He might have so called experience and talk a good game but he is slow, becoming cumbersome and complacent.

I don't think he plays like a captain right now. If we want to save the season then he needs dropping and handing the captaincy to Vincelot or someone else with tenacity and fight.

I would pair the 2 new defenders in central defence now.

Irish Sky Blue

I'm afraid he has been pretty poor at the back for a long time now.

He might have so called experience and talk a good game but he is slow, becoming cumbersome and complacent.

I don't think he plays like a captain right now. If we want to save the season then he needs dropping and handing the captaincy to Vincelot or someone else with tenacity and fight.

I would pair the 2 new defenders in central defence now.

Disagree. Seen most games this season including today at Port Vale. Not sure his performances have dipped significantly. Due to poorer results lots of people looking for scapegoats, he seems to be one. I'm sure TM would have no hesitation in dropping him if he felt he wasn't doing his job. I think TM is a good manager who knows what he is doing.

Fluffsta

Ricketts was in deep trouble for at least 25 minutes at Port Vale today, he even got skinned at one point. They were deliberately targeting his area for 30 mins during the game. He eventually settled into the game though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I have to say, as much as I don't want to admit it, I agree with the OP. The points are very valid.

Ricketts has looked poor compared to the standards he was reaching earlier in the season. He was always so consistent and a calm head in the defence you could rely on, more recently he has made me increasingly nervous.

It might just be that he's overplayed, cause he looks blown out. He might be club captain, but now we have some defensive reinforcements, it might be an idea to give him a rest.

Hobo

What we need is a settled back four and Ricketts should be part of it. A solid back four will give us the run we require to stay in the promotion race.

Otis

The bloke is 34 and has played just about every single game for us. He must be rightly tired.

Being captain though almost makes him impossible to drop though doesn't it?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

He looks awful at RB.

Bertola

Fully agree with the OP. He's seemingly expecting more time on the ball than he's getting and there has been a noticable dropp-off in his performance levels.

Lorentzson, Stephens, Cargill/MArtin, Stokes would be my preferred back 4

Covstu

Lets face it we couldn't have done anything about that goal yesterday so the back four were not too bad. We are changing the squad too many times for my liking and this is the issue when you have choice. They need time to understand how each other work but equally have that support from the midfield.

I seem to remember the keeper getting a kicking from fans just recently and pulls off another great display so lets not be over critical. If he is tired then give him a rest but we need to keep with him in my opinion.

Del Boy 82

From what I've seen over the last few months and commented on is his leadership abilities, they were my main question. His performances of late have been just as poor. Decision making is slow and poor, found out of position too often also. Was not at the port vale game so won't pass judgment but I'm hoping to see a much improved Ricketts with the introduction of cargil and Stephens in our next 2 home games in both leadership and his positional play.

Users who are viewing this thread