Rick Astley plays the songs of the Smiths (1 Viewer)

JAM See

rob9872

Saw him supporting Take That for wife's birthday just pre-covid. Thought oh god one song I'll know and that's shite, but never had it so wrong. Really, really good. I love the smiths too and now morrisey has turned out to be a bigger c**t than I thought, this is win win.

JAM See

Saw him supporting Take That for wife's birthday just pre-covid. Thought oh god one song I'll know and that's shite, but never had it so wrong. Really, really good. I love the smiths too and now morrisey has turned out to be a bigger c**t than I thought, this is win win.
Apart from Eric Clapton, and Bowie with his Nazi stuff, I can't remember a bigger volte face than Morrissey.

Such a shame, loved The Smiths.

JAM See

Often wondered that, was he always harbouring these opinions, or did he just get warped somewhere along the way?
Do you still listen to The Smiths? I do. Not commenting on whether that is right or wrong, but Strangeways... is still a great piece of art.

COV

Do you still listen to The Smiths? I do. Not commenting on whether that is right or wrong, but Strangeways... is still a great piece of art.

I agree. It’s tinged with… annoyance I guess but the songs are still something else

NorthernWisdom

It's a question how much the person should influence your enjoyment really isn't it. Pretty sure I have some people who are pretty distasteful human beings in my music collection, but I still listen to them.

Don't own any Lost Prophets, mind you!

Covkid1968#

The Smiths…. Poor mans James. Discuss 😎

JAM See

The Smiths…. Poor mans James. Discuss 😎
It's all 'verse, chorus, verse' with guitars bollocks isn't it.

I blame Robert Johnson.

Thank god Delia Derbyshire came along to rescue us from that hell.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread