Return of the Thorn (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Potential New CCFC Chairman Joe Elliot is backing manager Andy Thorn to bring the good times back to Coventry City.

Despite potential fresh investment from the new owners, if the proposed takeover goes through, the Sky Blues’ debts will initially be mounting to the tune of £500,000 a month.

life will become even tougher next year when the new ‘Financial Fair Play’ rules will restrict clubs’ spending power to a strict percentage of their turnover.

But Elliot is convinced that the attractive football City played Andy Thorn last season will bolster attendances and give him more scope for strengthening the squad.

“The appointment of Andy Thorn as a Joint manager working alongside Steven will be an inspired decision; he is a very charismatic guy and has got an excellent relationship with Steve Ogrizovic so the camaraderie in the squad will be excellent, one of the best You will see.

"We had a very good end to the season and that style of play will not change – I think it will bring people through the turnstiles.

“We are hoping to have some inward movement before the transfer window closes in the summer – there are a couple of holes in the squad Andy wants filled and we are working on that.

"We can’t go out and spend fortunes, that is not going to happen, but we have to trade more cleverly than we did in the past; we have to manage our assets very well.

“I can give you an example of good trading.

"Sadly Keiren Westwood’s contract was allowed to expire – I guess last year he would have been worth a few million but unfortunately we couldn’t sell him and the lad went on to a bigger club.

“Andy brought in two goalkeepers, the cost of which will be less than it would have cost to put Keiren on the field.

"They also have a value today, which Keiren didn’t because he was out of contract and that is an example of what we have to do.”

"I am sure Stephen will welcome Andy's experience and support with open arms.

Where we also failed previously was not giving Ray Ranson a role as director of football where he can have a more hands in approach to on field matters such as team selection"

"We will be considering Ray in such a role this time round if the takeover is a success"

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2011/07/29/ken-dulieu-andy-thorn-appointment-was-inspired-decision-92746-29140835/#ixzz2PxDJdyP9

hill83

v6fds.gif

RoboCCFC90

Move on nothing to see here!!!

rob9872

Fuck sake anyone believes this shit is an idiot

When does Andy come back? I think it's a great idea and I'm fully behind it.

Grendel

Grendel

Reap what you sow. And let's face it, he's sown quite a bit in quite a few folk's fields; now it's harvest time, it's ever likely to be busy :p

Oh have we been taken over? Have the council agreed to the new owners demands regarding the ground? Sorry must have missed all of that.

RoboCCFC90

Reap what you sow. And let's face it, he's sown quite a bit in quite a few folk's fields; now it's harvest time, it's ever likely to be busy :p

There's reaping what you sow and then there is certain posters mentioning Grendel or a version of his name in every thread on the forum.. Grendel has an opinion right or wrong you can't change that..

RoboCCFC90

Good thing is he can take it :)

Maybe but where exactly does he take it? I personally think Grendel is very tongue in cheek maybe the ear ;)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

There's reaping what you sow and then there is certain posters mentioning Grendel or a version of his name in every thread on the forum.. Grendel has an opinion right or wrong you can't change that..

It's the latter of your multiple choice quiz; and I've learned that like Thatcher - 'this lady's not for turning' a long time since

RoboCCFC90

It's the latter of your multiple choice quiz; and I've learned that like Thatcher - 'this lady's not for turning' a long time since

Agree to disagree that's the cure here..

dongonzalos

Oh have we been taken over? Have the council agreed to the new owners demands regarding the ground? Sorry must have missed all of that.

Tim Fisher seems to have stepped down from the Comical Ali role. Don't fill his boots G man.

Those tanks behind you have American flags on them

Mr B

I agree Grendel is my hero and I cannot do without him, all hail Grendel!

Oh and by the way yes everyone has a right to their opinion its just that our resident Mr Sardonic Self-Righteous Grendel fails to see this as only his matters and some of us are just pointing this out as you can see from his comment at the top taking his oppourtunity to belittle Mary.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Jay

Potential New CCFC Chairman Joe Elliot is backing manager Andy Thorn to bring the good times back to Coventry City.

Despite potential fresh investment from the new owners, if the proposed takeover goes through, the Sky Blues’ debts will initially be mounting to the tune of £500,000 a month.

life will become even tougher next year when the new ‘Financial Fair Play’ rules will restrict clubs’ spending power to a strict percentage of their turnover.

But Elliot is convinced that the attractive football City played Andy Thorn last season will bolster attendances and give him more scope for strengthening the squad.

“The appointment of Andy Thorn as a Joint manager working alongside Steven will be an inspired decision; he is a very charismatic guy and has got an excellent relationship with Steve Ogrizovic so the camaraderie in the squad will be excellent, one of the best You will see.

"We had a very good end to the season and that style of play will not change – I think it will bring people through the turnstiles.

“We are hoping to have some inward movement before the transfer window closes in the summer – there are a couple of holes in the squad Andy wants filled and we are working on that.

"We can’t go out and spend fortunes, that is not going to happen, but we have to trade more cleverly than we did in the past; we have to manage our assets very well.

“I can give you an example of good trading.

"Sadly Keiren Westwood’s contract was allowed to expire – I guess last year he would have been worth a few million but unfortunately we couldn’t sell him and the lad went on to a bigger club.

“Andy brought in two goalkeepers, the cost of which will be less than it would have cost to put Keiren on the field.

"They also have a value today, which Keiren didn’t because he was out of contract and that is an example of what we have to do.”

"I am sure Stephen will welcome Andy's experience and support with open arms.

Where we also failed previously was not giving Ray Ranson a role as director of football where he can have a more hands in approach to on field matters such as team selection"

"We will be considering Ray in such a role this time round if the takeover is a success"

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2011/07/29/ken-dulieu-andy-thorn-appointment-was-inspired-decision-92746-29140835/#ixzz2PxDJdyP9

Wyken Sky Blue are you a parrot?

RoboCCFC90

I agree Grendel is my hero and I cannot do without him, all hail Grendel!

Oh and by the way yes everyone has a right to their opinion its just that our resident Mr Sardonic Self-Righteous Grendel fails to see this as only his matters and some of us are just pointing this out as you can see from his comment at the top taking his oppourtunity to belittle Mary.

Do you think "All Hail Grendel" could catch on if you left it as your signature?

Users who are viewing this thread