Rest Players? (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Should we rest players against Bournemouth in preparation for the Rotherham game, or go full strength and try and nick a point?

1ccfc

Resting players feels like almost throwing a game in hope of winning the next, when there are not many games left. We already know our squad is not biggest, so unless injured stick with the players from today, who I think have earned their places. This league is so tight with anyone capable of beating anyone. We shouldn't look at Bournemouth as a given loss. There are still 5 days between games, which managed right should be fine.

Frank Sidebottom

Not a chance Robins won't stick with the same line up that started today, Unless Goddens taken a knock. They're professional athletes and should be able to play Saturday and then Thursday. Might be a bit tired by the Barnsley game, But that's arguably the toughest of the 3 anyway.

CCFCSteve

Due to international break and Rotherham postponement I think the players have had a couple of decent breaks in the past month. Also five days between next two games. Just use subs wisely

ccfc92

No.

We rested vs QPR game. Next 3 are crucial to staying up and not relying on other results.

D v Bournemouth

W v Rotherham

D v Barnsley

Then we're safe IMO.

Hobo

If someone is genuinly out of legs yes. For the sake of it no.

Players like to keep playing if they can. How often do we see a sag after the international break?

rexo87

Rest Godden probably for Gyo. That’s about it. No one else needs a rest. Probably use more subs if losing by 2 or more to rest a couple for Rotherham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc84cov

Was Godden ok today then ? Was anything mentioned after ?

The way he pulled up and shook his hand I thought he was finished

Paxman II

Godden scored today and you saw the relief on his face, it was palpable. He is not 100% fit but is back, and looked good today - always a threat. We have missed him. He does not need a rest. He needs games. Just hope his foot has not flared up again. These players are buzzing and there are 7 games left to put in 100%, not a tall order is it? Hamer was rested today, he needed it, and I think will be back at Bournemouth. What I did like today was James and Kelly seemed to finally sort out their responsibilities between them, and both had good games. Kelly once again strating to get back to his best, which is very influencial. I'd start with the best team and be prepared to bring one or two key players off if we look like being well beaten after 60 minutes.

chiefdave

Assume Robins will be speaking with the medical team and if they say its unlikely that Godden, or anyone else for that matter, is unlikely to make it through Sat > Thur > Sun without breaking down there will be a decision to made over which game(s) to prioritise.

cc84cov

Godden scored today and you saw the relief on his face, it was palpable. He is not 100% fit but is back, and looked good today - always a threat. We have missed him. He does not need a rest. He needs games. Just hope his foot has not flared up again. These players are buzzing and there are 7 games left to put in 100%, not a tall order is it? Hamer was rested today, he needed it, and I think will be back at Bournemouth. What I did like today was James and Kelly seemed to finally sort out their responsibilities between them, and both had good games. Kelly once again strating to get back to his best, which is very influencial. I'd start with the best team and be prepared to bring one or two key players off if we look like being well beaten after 60 minutes.
I imagine Godden will be rested this week with Hamer coming in as we go to a 5 away from home to Bournemouth

Hutch11

Derby rested 6 or so players for their Cardiff game so they were fresh for us , worked well didn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread