Report from the High Court (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

Nice to meet some sbt posters at high court today. Les Reid is here (in London) and has been doing good job of posting info back to cov tel. Strange that supporting ccfc means sitting in a court in London. 20 people in the room - half a dozen city fans, journos and then the legal people. Hearing took 10 mins. Some technical points between acl counsel and judge re dismissal, last night's club statement, which assets in ccfc and which in holdings, and legal impact of adjournment on moratorium. Judge used her discretion not to dismiss case but to agree to adjourn. I might have got legal terms wrong as I'm not a lawyer but that was the gist of it plus of course decision to adjourn till tuesday. Got interviewed on sky sports news so await being told Trust is pro/anti acl/sisu!! Lots of post hearing conversations and may be worth keeping an eye out for les reid reports in coming weeks.

wingy

Nice to meet some sbt posters at high court today. Les Reid is here (in London) and has been doing good job of posting info back to cov tel. Strange that supporting ccfc means sitting in a court in London. 20 people in the room - half a dozen city fans, journos and then the legal people. Hearing took 10 mins. Some technical points between acl counsel and judge re dismissal, last night's club statement, which assets in ccfc and which in holdings, and legal impact of adjournment on moratorium. Judge used her discretion not to dismiss case but to agree to adjourn. I might have got legal terms wrong as I'm not a lawyer but that was the gist of it plus of course decision to adjourn till tuesday. Got interviewed on sky sports news so await being told Trust is pro/anti acl/sisu!! Lots of post hearing conversations and may be worth keeping an eye out for les reid reports in coming weeks.

Is the Q+A the trust did with both ACL and the CLUB/SISU still sub Judice or can you now publish the clubs response??

rob9872

Do you work in London Michael or have you taken a day off for this?

Sky Blue Kid

From what I gather from the "Sky Sports Reporter" SISU have Liquidated the company that owes the rent! (Crafty bastards)
It seems that the FL. will deduct 10 points this season It also seems SISU knew this would happen.

standupforcity

From what I gather from the "Sky Sports Reporter" SISU have Liquidated the company that owes the rent! (Crafty bastards)
It seems that the FL. will deduct 10 points this season It also seems SISU knew this would happen.
PURE SPECULATION ....more scaremongering!!!

Sky Blue Kid

@ standupforcity.....

Please read the following, then perhaps you might change your stance!!!:facepalm:

ACL is seeking more information of if and when the football club moved its assets and liabilities from Coventry City Football Club Limited to Coventry City (Holdings) Ltd, which the club said last night contains its assets and liabilities.
Mr Powell said the key assets - the club’s share with the Football League which allows them to play; the disputed rental lease for using the stadium which led to today’s action, with ACL owed £1.3million in rent; and players’ assets - were all listed under CCFC Ltd when the last company accounts were filed in June last year.
He said: "There are serious questions for creditors, the Football league,and Coventry City directors. All the public documentation shows the key assets of the football club are with CCFC Ltd.
"If that’s changed since June last year then there has to be serious questions asked about the
administrator appointed. The Football League handbook and the lease all say the league share is with CCFC Ltd.

Nonleagueherewecome

So if CCFC play at The Ricoh, don't pay the rent, the part of CCFC that pays the rent is wound up...is anyone really going to buy that CCFC aren't still responsible for that rent?

Bluegloucester

@ standupforcity.....

Please read the following, then perhaps you might change your stance!!!:facepalm:

ACL is seeking more information of if and when the football club moved its assets and liabilities from Coventry City Football Club Limited to Coventry City (Holdings) Ltd, which the club said last night contains its assets and liabilities.
Mr Powell said the key assets - the club’s share with the Football League which allows them to play; the disputed rental lease for using the stadium which led to today’s action, with ACL owed £1.3million in rent; and players’ assets - were all listed under CCFC Ltd when the last company accounts were filed in June last year.
He said: "There are serious questions for creditors, the Football league,and Coventry City directors. All the public documentation shows the key assets of the football club are with CCFC Ltd.
"If that’s changed since June last year then there has to be serious questions asked about the
administrator appointed. The Football League handbook and the lease all say the league share is with CCFC Ltd.

SBK you have got it dead right.

torchomatic

Why should you care? you were begging for ACL to take action. SISU did first and the points deduction could happen anyway, so result eh?

standupforcity

@ standupforcity.....

Like I said pure speculation...an article from one point of view in itself speculation.

I was one of the few who turned up at the hearing today in an attempt to get first hand knowledge, and I can assure you of one thing...the case was very nearly thown out altogether....and ACL were struggling. SISU didn't turn up of course, didn't need to...so you were never going to get their angle.

Grendel

Torchy and Grenduffy....You were saying about who was threatening Liquidation and who wasn't?:jerkit:

Your hypocrisy is wonderful. If the admin had been bought about by the council then we know that there would be 10 points followed b 15 exiting administration. You wanted this.

This is the only way to try and mitigate against this.

Whatever you say without the Court action all we would be talking about is beating Portsmouth and being in the top 6.

This has happened as the Council have forced the clubs hand.

Like I said pure speculation...an article from one point of view in itself speculation.

I was one of the few who turned up at the hearing today in an attempt to get first hand knowledge, and I can assure you of one thing...the case was very nearly thown out altogether....and ACL were struggling. SISU didn't turn up of course, didn't need to...so you were never going to get their angle.

Did SISU have better Lawyers?

Brighton Sky Blue

Your hypocrisy is wonderful. If the admin had been bought about by the council then we know that there would be 10 points followed b 15 exiting administration. You wanted this.

This is the only way to try and mitigate against this.

Whatever you say without the Court action all we would be talking about is beating Portsmouth and being in the top 6.

This has happened as the Council have forced the clubs hand.

The club forced ACL's hand by indulging in contract breaking orgies for a year and rejecting every offer put forward for increasingly bizarre reasons.

wolfie

in the past i have leaned towards Sisu thinking they may be right. but right now im thinking they have really cocked this up. and put our beloved club at serious risk. i now believe the judge is going to realise that sisu are taking the piss and will throw everything at them as will the league committee later today. has anyone really got whats best for the club at heart? ACL just want there money, sisu wants to keep there money and the council are just shrugging there shoulders cos they dont have a clue!............they all need there heads banging together extremely hard. :jerkit:

Sky Blue Kid

They weren't even represented!

It wasn't "Rocket Science" to know they needn't turn up this morning. SISU knew the case would be adjourned, after doing what they did late last night!
ACL had to "Show up" to put their case for adjournment.
And why would I believe what you say....It is only your opinion that the case was "Nearly Dismissed" Could it be you who is the one..."SCARE MONGERING" :facepalm:

chiefdave

the case was very nearly thown out altogether....and ACL were struggling. SISU didn't turn up of course, didn't need to...so you were never going to get their angle.

I don't see the fact that they're back in court next week as any sort of victory for ACL. The judge has just given them a couple of days to sort out what they want to do as they've turned up to court with not a clue what's going on, it's not the judge saying yes you have a case or no you don't, it's more come back next week and convince me you have.

SkyblueBazza

Now that's confidence for you!

It certainly backs my theory about the SISU team's strategic plan has probably been taking shape since day 1. They are very hard nosed business people with very shrewd switched on advisors working very hard to consider all the angles & possible outcomes.
They are likely to have completely objectivity driven internationally seasoned campaigners in these matters dealing with ACL people who are, as we type, floundering in the all mud!

Users who are viewing this thread