Reply to a letter in the 'Independant on Sunday' May 95 (1 Viewer)

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Surly it was clicks on the turn style gates wasn't it. Same for home and away fans?

Thing is I don't think any attendance can be 100% correct, unless like many reserve games during a dull game you could actually count how many were there.

How many times have you seen a child being carried through, so that child and adult will only have one click of the turnstyle - one person on the attendance.
Also how many season tickets are counted today that don't attend, etc.?

How many times did I hear gasps when the attendance was announced with people muttering "where's that number come from?"
especially when sitting in the West Terrace and you couldn't see how many was above you, but you could see the Kop, Sky Blue stand & Main stand was almost empty.

The chants of "You must have come in a Taxi" especially when Wimbledon came.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Lowest League attendance recorded was 13 paid supporters.

Stockport V Leicester 7 May 1921.

Game was played at Old Trafford as Stockports ground was closed.

However the crowd, as much as 10,000, because Man Utd v Derby had played there earlier in day with many supporters staying behind.

Wheelfass

Lowest League attendance recorded was 13 paid supporters.

Stockport V Leicester 7 May 1921.

Game was played at Old Trafford as Stockports ground was closed.

However the crowd, as much as 10,000, because Man Utd v Derby had played there earlier in day with many supporters staying behind.
You've been looking through those books again haven't you.

Stafford_SkBlue

I always though there was a very low attendance for a midweek game at Plough Lane Wimbledon vs City, but looking at the record book, most of the Plough lane attendances were very consistent around 4,000
But there was a record breaking low at Selhurst Park around 2,077 in 2002 against City, but this was beaten in the same season as only 800 odd turned up for the Rotherham game but they had just announced the MK move.

Monners

I always though there was a very low attendance for a midweek game at Plough Lane Wimbledon vs City, but looking at the record book, most of the Plough lane attendances were very consistent around 4,000
But there was a record breaking low at Selhurst Park around 2,077 in 2002 against City, but this was beaten in the same season as only 800 odd turned up for the Rotherham game but they had just announced the MK move.
Here I go again - I was at the Wimbledon game too - David Thompson scored the winner in a dab 1-0. A Tuesday night game I believe.

We met a German lad on the train who was going to the game, and he went in our end with us - it is how he spent his holidays, two or three weeks a year travelling around the Uk watching games. He had just been to Celtic Rangers at the weekend. I have watched out for Hanover 96 results ever since.

Brylowes

I read a book once by a Liverpool fan chronicling his time following his team home away
And abroad, Coventry City got two mentions in the book.
The first was him recalling bunking in at HIghfield Road and the strange sight of little blue
Disabled buggys around the perimeter of the pitch.
The second was responding to a question he'd been asked, which club had bought the
Biggest away attendance to Anfield,
His answer.
Believe it or not it was Coventry, took everyone by surprise turning up one wet Tuesday
Night for a poxy league cup game or something, Fucking thousands of em,
All wearing them sheepskin coats, honestly there must have been 12.000 of em.

Can't remember what the book was called, I'll try and dig it out.:)
Found it.
The boys from the Mersey (the story of the Annie Road end crew)
By Nick Alt.

Users who are viewing this thread