Replacing McNulty (1 Viewer)

Gaz

I would have liked Nazon but he left Wolves didn’t he to go abroad

Magwitch

i can see 2 maybe 3 players coming in to replace him or with his funds! Danny Rose name has been the one that cropped up alot last season, as Mark Robins gave him his debut when he was at Barnsley can see him being a target, the Portsmouth lad looks likely also 1 more maybe someone who hasnt been mentioned yet. With O'Brien seeming to want first team football maybe a keeper coming in as well! full trust in Robins, he gives confidence with every interview he does or statement he puts out!
What about Stockley at Exeter
I like him, another Scot too, tall mobile and a bit nasty but with us having Max and JCH perhaps don’t need another of that type of striker

chiefdave

Keep seeing Crouch's name mentioned in various places, where has that come from? Can't imagine he'd be interested in coming here or we'd be able to afford him.

Magwitch

I think Crouch is doing his coaching badges at Warwick Uni so people are putting 2&2 together and perhaps getting 5.
Has he left Stoke ?

Johnnythespider

We won't get an equivalent replacement unless we spend the whole fee from McNulty on the replacement.
And if we do that, what's the point in selling McNulty?
And what's the point in getting two strikers in when we always play one up front, and we have Biamou and Ponticelli waiting in the wings.
I see us getting one striker in who will be cheaper and therefore not as good as McNulty.
There aren't many good strikers around and there will be a lot of clubs competing for them.
McNulty was free

Nick

Administrator
We should sign his stronger brother

stew-agent-profile-small-1.jpg

Johnnythespider

I think we need pace up top, not a big lump. We are adequately represented in that department.

Sky Blue Harry H

Biamou can grow into/carry out the target man role. I think he is more than capable ion the air, and hopefully there will be more decent service from out wide this year, with Sterling, Jones etc. McNulty had good movement, touch and was a decent finisher. Average pace and aerial threat. Not sure who we are going to get, but good luck to whoever it is, and please let's not write them off too soon (remember the early criticism of McNulty?) As Johnnythespider says, a pacy finisher would be good - but they're not ten a penny - perhaps that's where another PL loan (like Sterling) might help, together with a permanent signing? Difficult balancing act getting players in and maintaining squad cohesion.

jimmyhillsfanclub

James gilchrist looks ready for a step up......hes pacy, 23 yeads old and hit 28 last season at fc Utd. And Southport......

A better (and cheaper) punt than chasing after the same old journey men......imho.....

Manchester_sky_blue

Keep seeing Crouch's name mentioned in various places, where has that come from? Can't imagine he'd be interested in coming here or we'd be able to afford him.
You have to think he would have options to play in MLS/China/UAE etc for big money. Failing that some of the lower premium teams might be tempted, the likes of Cardiff etc.

Terry Gibson's perm

I can’t see how stockley would fit in with gentle players like Davies Doyle JCH and the new bloke

Neil

This is no rumour, don't think he has been mentioned anywhere

But for me Danny Newton at Stevenage would be worth a shot.. knows where the goal is. And now we are league above could poss get bit cheaper?

Nick

Administrator
This is no rumour, don't think he has been mentioned anywhere

But for me Danny Newton at Stevenage would be worth a shot.. knows where the goal is. And now we are league above could poss get bit cheaper?
Surely the price would go up?

Neil

Sorry just got back from my stag do... so very tired and not competing all.. I meant cheaper than some options.. I.e not spending all the mcnulty on 1 player.. but I like the look of Newton

ccfchoi87

Charlie Wyke and Tom Bradshaw being looked at by other teams in our league. If we want to get promoted we need to be signing strikers like these.

Users who are viewing this thread