Replacing McNulty (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

So now it starts for real. We have had the rumours Chaplin, Eise even Crouch. This is MRs most important signing of the summer will it be one striker or a couple, wouldn’t surprise me if it’s one permenant and one loan. and it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s player/players not yet mentioned one thing I am certain about is to MR this McNulty move has been no surprise and he’ll have irons in the fire, His buying record is good so I’m not too concerned.

no_loyalty

What about that kid Notts County had on loan last season?

Magwitch

Not a surprise at all but Robins needs to get McNultys replacement right. Cynical city fans will be saying ’sisu again’, sign a few, sell over 6000 season tickets and whoosh, star man is sold.

Gazolba

We won't get an equivalent replacement unless we spend the whole fee from McNulty on the replacement.
And if we do that, what's the point in selling McNulty?
And what's the point in getting two strikers in when we always play one up front, and we have Biamou and Ponticelli waiting in the wings.
I see us getting one striker in who will be cheaper and therefore not as good as McNulty.
There aren't many good strikers around and there will be a lot of clubs competing for them.

Alkhen

We won't get an equivalent replacement unless we spend the whole fee from McNulty on the replacement.
And what's the point in getting two strikers in when we always play one up front, and we have Biamou and Ponticelli waiting in the wings.
I see us getting one striker in who will be cheaper and therefore not as good as McNulty.
There aren't many good strikers around and there will be a lot of clubs competing for them.

Do you play lot of FIFA or something? Fee doesn't equate.to some mythical player rating in the real world. After all how much did we pay for McNulty?

We've spunked considerable chunks on Strikers in the past, who on paper will 'guarantee' goals. Eastwood, Kyle and Mckenzie come to mind. None worked.

As for winging that its pointless selling him, get real. Players/ agents hold the power. He wanted out and its just a sad fact that you just have to swallow. Teams above our level can offer far beyond what we can.

One crumb of comfort is its a trickle down economy and there is every chance we will pull the same move on a League 2 team to find his replacement

coop

McNulty wanted to go as soon as his head was turned we will have to find a decent striker as the one's we have now will not get 20 goals between them.

BuxtonSkyBlue

Signed Mcnulty on a free so you Don’t have to spend big to find a good one. It’s all about confidence at this level still, I trust Robins but he only believe in the players ability, it’s really down to the player. I’d rather we didn’t get a loan but if he pulls in someone that turns into an Armstrong then I can’t moan to much

Magwitch

I think our team is better for introducing a new striker too than last seasons, we have midfielders who score, there’s Jodie Jones to come in, Andreu too and we look to have real pace throughout, yes would have been nice to keep McNulty but Robins will have known for sometime he was off but managed to screw over double the original bid. He’ll know who he wants over to sisu to comply.

torchomatic

Rubbish. Remind me how much McNulty cost last summer.

andyw92

It's going to be Conor Chaplin from pompey isn't it? Would love Mcgoldrick but think he's sticking in the championship.

Sky Blue Pete

McNulty didn’t cost anything

Lord_Nampil

i can see 2 maybe 3 players coming in to replace him or with his funds! Danny Rose name has been the one that cropped up alot last season, as Mark Robins gave him his debut when he was at Barnsley can see him being a target, the Portsmouth lad looks likely also 1 more maybe someone who hasnt been mentioned yet. With O'Brien seeming to want first team football maybe a keeper coming in as well! full trust in Robins, he gives confidence with every interview he does or statement he puts out!

Warwickhunt

I would hope MR can try and get Mcgoldrick as he knows him well, knows how to play him, and he has a proven championship record as well. He can also bring on Ponti & Max by them learning from him. He is a free agent I understand so we can pay him reasonable wages as well

ccfchoi87

As much as we need two strikers now I don't think we'll be able to bring in two worth signing. If it was me, I'd be looking at a striker to play up front on his own, similar to mcgoldrick when he was here before or maybe someone a bit more physical. I'd then try and sign someone like John joe o'toole or even Chaplin to play in behind with Andreu and Jones who will hopefully return as good as they left. Just can't see us finding a strike partnership at this point.

Mucca Mad Boys

Fun facts for you:

- In L1, only two players broke the 20 goal mark last season, neither of their teams made the playoffs.
- Shrewsbury’s top scorer was on 12 goals, only 2 others broke the 10 mark. They narrowly finished 3rd.
- Blackburn’s top goal scorer was a midfielder (Dack, 18), Graham managed 14 goals — a tally a poster labelled as ‘shit’ on another thread.
- In case you missed last season, we played 4-4-2 for most of the season, not 4-2-3-1.
- transfers don’t work on a 1:1 basis, just because you spend a lot of a money on a player, doesn’t mean you’ve got a good player. Just ask Freddy Eastwood. There are players who will do just fine in our league that will cost nowhere near £1.2m.

Mucca Mad Boys

It's going to be Conor Chaplin from pompey isn't it? Would love Mcgoldrick but think he's sticking in the championship.

I like the look of Chaplin, apparently he’s the ‘heir’ for the strikers berth held by Pitman (24 goals last year) and at 21, could be a good investment and also plays on the wing. We would also need to look at signing another striker as Robins planned anyway.

the rumpo kid

I'd go for rose and Chaplin , would love eisa but might be a bit to far out of the sisu budget this time. Mcgoldrick Clarke ? We've done older players coming for a pay day before and we all just got pissed off with them don't think it's ever worked for us.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd go for rose and Chaplin , would love eisa but might be a bit to far out of the sisu budget this time. Mcgoldrick Clarke ? We've done older players coming for a pay day before and we all just got pissed off with them don't think it's ever worked for us.

Agree - except for Dennis Wise. I'd still have him back now!

Users who are viewing this thread