Remember it’s a step up (1 Viewer)

smileycov

Facebook User
although the defending in most of our defeats has been poor, why he has sterling in is beyond me for starters.

We seem to have forgotten we have stepped up a league and are still finding our feet and rhythm.
Accrington and Luton pretty much dominated last season and neither are find life easy, Wycombe are worse than us yet finished 3rd pretty much comfortably.

I do think grimmer would do well in this league and Brown is looking better. So hopefully we can start to get stronger at the back. Kelly is obviously unfit and Doyle (although it pains me to say) is also struggling in there. Maybe Baylis and a fit ogogo is the answer. Jordy and Baka are not the answer, we do need one more big striker to hold it up and play in cc.

But I do think we need a reality check and have some patience it will come I’m sure. Mid table this year push on next I think.

Grendel

Accrington have lost 1 game

Hullinho87

And Robins has had a season to work on tactics and still don’t seem to know how to change when things go horribly wrong !!!

How many managers at League 1 level and/or attainable for us to have as manager are adept at recovering from being 2/3 goals down?

Who would you like in charge?

sylus

Scoring is a big problem,we are the 2nd worst scorers in the league, Plymouth being the worst with 5,followed by Bradford,Shrewsbury, AFC Wimbledon,and us all on 7,Scoring from open play is an issue and needs addressing,is Clarke-Harris the answer to partner CC, i'm not so sure,but he is the best of what we have,Biamou being out for the season never helped Robin's and Baka and Hiwula are not the answer at the mo, so what is the answer, that is the million dollar question,we have to stick with JCH and hope Robin's works his magic on the other forwards. Chaplin will score goals but all the emphasis seems to be on him to get the goals,which is harsh as he is still settling in,it is the other players who should look at themselves.

Hullinho87

Its not time to change yet ,but he should of reacted befor 3 went in .

That’s a slightly different issue to your first point, in respect of yesterday’s game, because we weren’t getting over run at 2 nil, it was just poor defending.

I am on the same page as you though in regards to MR needing to react more progressively & quicker if we go behind, you have less to lose or risk 20 minutes from time away from home.

Magwitch

I’m not making excuses for yesterday but in the first five minutes we were shooting in and looked likely score plenty then from nowhere bang, bang, bang fifteen minutes later we are three down, you can’t legislate for that.

sylus

I’m not making excuses for yesterday but in the first five minutes we were shooting in and looked likely score plenty then from nowhere bang, bang, bang fifteen minutes later we are three down, you can’t legislate for that.

But what did Robin's do when we gifted them 3 goals..the usual

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

And Robins has had a season to work on tactics and still don’t seem to know how to change when things go horribly wrong !!!
Exactly my thoughts , it's when things go wrong , ie formation etc, seeing where the weakness are in the opponents and changing it, that's when the manager earns his money.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

although the defending in most of our defeats has been poor, why he has sterling in is beyond me for starters.

We seem to have forgotten we have stepped up a league and are still finding our feet and rhythm.
Accrington and Luton pretty much dominated last season and neither are find life easy, Wycombe are worse than us yet finished 3rd pretty much comfortably.

I do think grimmer would do well in this league and Brown is looking better. So hopefully we can start to get stronger at the back. Kelly is obviously unfit and Doyle (although it pains me to say) is also struggling in there. Maybe Baylis and a fit ogogo is the answer. Jordy and Baka are not the answer, we do need one more big striker to hold it up and play in cc.

But I do think we need a reality check and have some patience it will come I’m sure. Mid table this year push on next I think.
Yes it is a step up into Div 1, but we haven't got the same squad as last season, because if we had then you could understand the problems that Mark Robins is having this season with scoring and defending.

It's Mark Robins job as the manager to sign the right players to play in Div 1, upto now it looks like he hasn't made the right choices.

The managers say judge me after 10 games, well with cup and league games it's now 11 games , so we hope things start to improve some time soon .

Sky Blue Harry H

When things go horribly wrong for any team, you could use that as an argument for the manager of that team. Usually in a football match, one team will lose. Does that mean that one manager in most games has got it wrong?

mds

Yes it is a step up into Div 1, but we haven't got the same squad as last season, because if we had then you could understand the problems that Mark Robins is having this season with scoring and defending.
De ja vu. exactly the same scenario as last season, season start is just as iffy.
It's Mark Robins job as the manager to sign the right players to play in Div 1, upto now it looks like he hasn't made the right choices.
At this point last season, yep, exactly the same, Mcnumpty anyone?
We are unpredicatable, slow starting and for whatever reason the fucking monkey we have tied to our backs makes us struggle like fuck against lesser sides, sides we should have beaten the season we dropped down, the sides we should of beaten last season and again this.
Sky blue tinted glasses, but i think it will come good ;)

Sky Blue Harry H

The managers say judge me after 10 games, well with cup and league games it's now 11 games , so we hope things start to improve some time soon .

We haven't got a 'right' to be winning most games. Of course we all want that. Go back a year and see how we were doing then.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

We haven't got a 'right' to be winning most games. Of course we all want that. Go back a year and see how we were doing then.
Yes but we are in a tougher league with better players .

chiefdave

What were your expectations for this season? At the moment we're pretty much bang on mid-table.

Sure it would be great if we were in the play off places and looking to a season pushing for promotion but how realistic is that?

Warwickhunt

i did not understand his substitution for Sterling? Why not bring Davies into the middle of a back 4 and use Willis as a right back? Rovers were targeting Sterling all first half by send high balls down the Channel he as supposed to be covering. I never seem to get some of his subs I really Dont!

Mucca Mad Boys

What are people’s actual expectations from this season? We have a team full of young players who will have off days. Patience is needed because consolidation is the target for this season. A few people comparing us with our fellow promoted teams — we’re all in a pretty similar position. Accrington are doing well, fair play to them, but after last season, they were head and shoulders above us all and they’ve also kept their manager for a very long time.

For once since we’ve relegated from the Prem, we need continuity.

Mucca Mad Boys

i did not understand his substitution for Sterling? Why not bring Davies into the middle of a back 4 and use Willis as a right back? Rovers were targeting Sterling all first half by send high balls down the Channel he as supposed to be covering. I never seem to get some of his subs I really Dont!

You’ve answered your own question. We put our best defender aerially in the area that was being targeted by ‘high balls’.

Let’s be honest, Willis is scarcely a right back anyway, so does it really matter who got put where?

Users who are viewing this thread