Remember 2nd April 2018 - embarrassing day (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Coventry 2 Yeovil 6

Look where they are now

National League table botom
18​
7​
1​
1​
2​
7​
10​
1​
0​
2​
4​
9​
-8​
7​
1.00​
WLLDWLLLLW​
19​
6​
1​
0​
2​
6​
4​
1​
0​
2​
4​
5​
+1​
6​
1.00​
WLWDLWLLLW​
20​
6​
1​
1​
1​
3​
2​
0​
2​
1​
1​
2​
+0​
6​
1.00​
LWLLWLdDdL​
21​
7​
0​
1​
1​
0​
2​
1​
2​
2​
4​
6​
-4​
6​
0.85​
WWWdLDDWLL​
22​
7​
2​
0​
2​
4​
8​
0​
0​
3​
1​
9​
-12​
6​
0.85​
LLDWLLLLWL​
23​
7​
0​
1​
3​
3​
6​
0​
3​
0​
3​
3​
-3​
4​
0.57​
LWWDDLDdLL​

SkyBlueSoul

Travelled down from Manchester that weekend, met up with my mate for the game. When that 3rd goal went in after what, 15 minutes? We just turned to each other and laughed, there was nothing else for it. Gave us chance for a good catch up mind, you just knew the game was gone after that.

vow

The Mansfield 1-1 with 10 men was a catalyst for that season but the 6-2 Yeovil result and the Lincoln loss were massive kick up the arse moments and we never looked back.

Ian1779

The Mansfield 1-1 with 10 men was a catalyst for that season but the 6-2 Yeovil result and the Lincoln loss were massive kick up the arse moments and we never looked back.
It’s funny you know when you say that it’s almost like we needed them beatings at those points. Imagine we’d have gotten a draw out of one of those games, didn’t refocus and we got turned over by Notts County in the SF - especially bearing in mind where they ended up too.

vow

It’s funny you know when you say that it’s almost like we needed them beatings at those points. Imagine we’d have gotten a draw out of one of those games, didn’t refocus and we got turned over by Notts County in the SF - especially bearing in mind where they ended up too.
Absolutely, we really did re-focus too! MR must have put a rocket up their arses and lit Doylers fuse.

AStonesThrow

God I remember this. My lad (5 at the time) and I discussing score predictions before the game as usual, he genuinely says either 5-1 or 6-2 but Cov win. Gobsmacked in every way at the end!

PUSB-We_are_going_up

That was such a bizarre game. I remember thinking our promotion dream was dead. Was Easter Monday wasn’t it.

Biamou scored a volley that was out of this world too
Grendel probably hates this game more than anyone:
Cov being battered
Robins not getting sacked for it
Biamou played well (only player on the day who turned up)
Biamou scored 2

vow

Was our next game Cheltenham away?
Not long after, end of April, as we went in the Home end and had to endure 6 goals 'against us'
I even clapped when Dembele scored their penalty, to make it look authentic!

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Not long after, end of April, as we went in the away end and had to endure 6 goals 'against us'
I even clapped when Dembele scored their penalty, to make it look authentic!

The way Burge gave away a penalty in that game was worth the admission fee alone

Reactions: vow

Travs

I remember the furore over the Morecambe home game where we were apparently a "disgrace" for just seeing the game through to a draw.

Was quickly forgotten about after the Notts County matches.

Brighton Sky Blue

I got chucked out after celebrating our first that day behind the dugouts forgot where I was tbh.
Gave the locals something to shout about.
Mind you I recognised loads of Cov in their end👍🤣

Crewe was my only away day that season (excluding the play offs). Getting frostbite next to a group of wankers insisting on standing in front of people who had the seats originally.

Fergusons_Beard

Hyam got torn a massive one in that Yeovil game. Looked like he had concrete boots wadding in mud he looked that slow!
Amazing how far he’s come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grendel

Grendel probably hates this game more than anyone:
Cov being battered
Robins not getting sacked for it
Biamou played well (only player on the day who turned up)
Biamou scored 2

Brighton Sky Blue

That game i remember half the city fans turning up from the pub at 5 to 3 and demanding to sit/stand with their mates. The stewards had no chance really on controlling a load of uncooperative drunken 'fans'

This was always a problem in titch grounds at teams not used to having thousands of away fans. Tell people to sit where their ticket says

Garryb80

This was always a problem in titch grounds at teams not used to having thousands of away fans. Tell people to sit where their ticket says
The size of the ground is irrelevant its the mentality of the fans in question thats the issue. Allocated seats means just that not turn up when you feel like it and ignore the ticket

Users who are viewing this thread