Remaining League 1 Fixture Analysis (1 Viewer)

You'll Never Beat McPake

Had a slow lunch time so thought I'd have a look at remaining fixtures for teams above and including Cov. Some interesting details observed;

Swindon play 5 of current top 8 all away from home & 2 of current bottom 6
Bournemouth play 3H & 1A of current top 8 & 4 of current bottom 6
Doncaster play 3H & 3A of current top 8 & 3 of current bottom 6
Sheff Utd play 3H & 2A of current top 8 & 2 of current bottom 6
Yeovil play 2H & 1A of current top 8 & 3 of current bottom 6
Tranmere play 2H & 2A of current top 8 & 4 of current bottom 6
Brentford play 2H & 2A of current top 8 & 3 of current bottom 6
Coventry play 3H & 1A of current top 8 & 4 of current bottom 6

I think Swindon will struggle with 5A vs top 8 (including Cov)
Bournemouth play 3 of their next 4 games against top 8 sides all at home.
Donnie have 6 fixtures against sides in top 8.
Sheff Utd have 5 fixtures against sides in top 8.
Yeovil look to be in a good position with only 3 games against top 6 sides
Cov, if they can get their home form sorted look to be in a favourable position with 3H ties against top 7 teams and also play 4 consecutive games against team in bottom 6 between 9 Mar - 23 Mar. Need to be looking at 12 points form all these.

Should be interesting to see how things look at Easter.

Otis

Well done there.

Saves me doing it!! May stick up all the fixtures though of the top 7 or 8.

We are playing a lot of teams in the top 8, and all at home except for Bournmouth, who we wouldnt beat anyway, so if we win those games, we will have a big chance. Sheffield United are very inconsistant, Tranmere have lost their way, Swindown have 2 first team players as managers ATM, and Brian Flyn idnt doing well at Donnie, so i can see us finishing 3rd if we put our mind to it, we're just 8 points off the top, so its possible if we really go for it

stupot07

if we sort our home form out....that's a big if.
11 of the 16 teams we've played this season have taken points off us at home so far.

Had a slow lunch time so thought I'd have a look at remaining fixtures for teams above and including Cov. Some interesting details observed;

Swindon play 5 of current top 8 all away from home & 2 of current bottom 6
Bournemouth play 3H & 1A of current top 8 & 4 of current bottom 6
Doncaster play 3H & 3A of current top 8 & 3 of current bottom 6
Sheff Utd play 3H & 2A of current top 8 & 2 of current bottom 6
Yeovil play 2H & 1A of current top 8 & 3 of current bottom 6
Tranmere play 2H & 2A of current top 8 & 4 of current bottom 6
Brentford play 2H & 2A of current top 8 & 3 of current bottom 6
Coventry play 3H & 1A of current top 8 & 4 of current bottom 6

I think Swindon will struggle with 5A vs top 8 (including Cov)
Bournemouth play 3 of their next 4 games against top 8 sides all at home.
Donnie have 6 fixtures against sides in top 8.
Sheff Utd have 5 fixtures against sides in top 8.
Yeovil look to be in a good position with only 3 games against top 6 sides
Cov, if they can get their home form sorted look to be in a favourable position with 3H ties against top 7 teams and also play 4 consecutive games against team in bottom 6 between 9 Mar - 23 Mar. Need to be looking at 12 points form all these.

Should be interesting to see how things look at Easter.

That is the biggest factor in my opinion. If all else fails let's just wear yellow at home!

skybluelee

We are playing a lot of teams in the top 8, and all at home except for Bournmouth, who we wouldnt beat anyway, so if we win those games, we will have a big chance. Sheffield United are very inconsistant, Tranmere have lost their way, Swindown have 2 first team players as managers ATM, and Brian Flyn idnt doing well at Donnie, so i can see us finishing 3rd if we put our mind to it, we're just 8 points off the top, so its possible if we really go for it

Bet you didn't expect us to batter Doncaster away and beat MK Dons either...

CovMatt1987

thanks for laying it out like that, interesting read.

That suggests towards what I had thought, in terms of the fixtures remaining we arent in a bad position. But yeah, that all hinges on the home form improving. As Ive said before - March is huge, 6 games and four at home. we cant lose any at home in that month and probably need ten points from those home matches. the two away games are very winnable (especially for us on the road) but also think we need to go into March with at least four points from the next two games.

Users who are viewing this thread