Newport (Away)
Yeovil (Home)
Notts County (Away)
Crawley (Away)
Stevenage (Home)
Cheltenham (Away)
Morecambe (Home)

39 points to play for.
On 51 points as things stand. Probably need about another 23 points to scrape into the playoff (maybe more). Guessing at least another 10 on top of that for automatic.

I think automatic promotion is now out. Could probably only drop another 6 points or so in 13 games. If we won our games in hand we'd currently be 7th, so not all doom and gloom. Playoffs still very achievable.

Modcons86

13 games remaining.....

Wycombe (Away)
Lincoln (Home)
Barnet (Home)
Luton (Home)
Crewe (Away)
Grimsby (Home)
Newport (Away)
Yeovil (Home)
Notts County (Away)
Crawley (Away)
Stevenage (Home)
Cheltenham (Away)
Morecambe (Home)

39 points to play for.
On 51 points as things stand. Probably need about another 23 points to scrape into the playoff (maybe more). Guessing at least another 10 on top of that for automatic.

I think automatic promotion is now out. Could probably only drop another 6 points or so in 13 games. If we won our games in hand we'd currently be 7th, so not all doom and gloom. Playoffs still very achievable.
13 games remaining.....

Wycombe (Away)
Lincoln (Home)
Barnet (Home)
Luton (Home)
Crewe (Away)
Grimsby (Home)
Newport (Away)
Yeovil (Home)
Notts County (Away)
Crawley (Away)
Stevenage (Home)
Cheltenham (Away)
Morecambe (Home)

39 points to play for.

Wycombe (Away) win/draw
Lincoln (Home) win
Barnet (Home) win
Luton (Home) draw
Crewe (Away) win
Grimsby (Home) win
Newport (Away) lose
Yeovil (Home) win
Notts County (Away) win
Crawley (Away) draw
Stevenage (Home) lose
Cheltenham (Away) win
Morecambe (Home) win

Possible? Who knows. I personally think we will sneak in the paly offs still.

Terry_dactyl

Wycombe (Away) win/draw
Lincoln (Home) win
Barnet (Home) win
Luton (Home) draw
Crewe (Away) win
Grimsby (Home) win
Newport (Away) lose
Yeovil (Home) win
Notts County (Away) win
Crawley (Away) draw
Stevenage (Home) lose
Cheltenham (Away) win
Morecambe (Home) win

Possible? Who knows. I personally think we will sneak in the paly offs still.

I just hope we can string some wins together and still be in contention. I’d hate for us to just slip out of things. Great point today.

Modcons86

I just hope we can string some wins together and still be in contention. I’d hate for us to just slip out of things. Great point today.
It was always going to be a difficult feb even more so with the addition of the brighton game. 'On paper' it eases of a bit in march so would 4 points from wycombe and lincoln be disastrous?

Terry_dactyl

It was always going to be a difficult feb even more so with the addition of the brighton game. 'On paper' it eases of a bit in march so would 4 points from wycombe and lincoln be disastrous?

I guess it would but I think we would still need to get a run together. 3 on the bounce would be good. Start applying some pressure.

jas365

We just aren't consistent enough to go on a long unbeaten run, i'd expect us to lose at least 3-4 of the remaing fixtures.

Terry_dactyl

We just aren't consistent enough to go on a long unbeaten run, i'd expect us to lose at least 3-4 of the remaing fixtures.
Realistically, I think you’re probably right. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility though. I think If anything is going to spark a revival/consistently positive results it’s going to be the intro of JCH. He seems to have added some quality. Today’s point might also go some way to boosting our confidence. Let’s hope huh?

Modcons86

Realistically, I think you’re probably right. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility though. I think If anything is going to spark a revival/consistently positive results it’s going to be the intro of JCH. He seems to have added some quality. Today’s point might also go some way to boosting our confidence. Let’s hope huh?
I was gonna say the exact same thing about JCH. Wasnt an embarrassment against brighton either so after today confidence and morale should surely be on the up

mark82

I was gonna say the exact same thing about JCH. Wasnt an embarrassment against brighton either so after today confidence and morale should surely be on the up

Let's hope so. We need to be more adventurous, not sit back so much.

covcity4life

Hopefully our bad run is out the way

A ein or 2 vs top 7 rivals could see us get confidence back

All about finding form at the right tine of season so all hope is not lost

Londonccfcfan

Points required for play offs is anyone’s guess. Between 71/78 points.

75 points should do it with decent goal difference. Which will hopefully improve.

7 wins , 3 draws, and 3 losses are realistic set of results over our next 13 games. That would be 75 points.

We need to desperately win 2 of next 3 games. To not leave ourselves too much to do later and to get back on track.

9 wins, 4 draws, 1 defeat, would give us an outside chance of 3rd place with 82 points. But this is unlikely sequence of results for any team in this league.

oscillatewildly

Let's hope so. We need to be more adventurous, not sit back so much.
I'd be a bit more graphic and say the requirement now is one of 'shit or bust'. We lost a wheel on the first corner today and did well to limp over the line.
But the loss of two critical players so early in the season combined with Robins largely negative set up in style of play means we're heading for nothing more than a mid table finish.
I'd be happy to witness a throwing of caution to the wind in this last quarter and accept the consequences - Whichever way they turn out.

Otis

9 wins, 4 draws, 1 defeat, would give us an outside chance of 3rd place with 82 points. But this is unlikely sequence of results for any team in this league.

I would say that is most definitely unlikely, considering 9 wins, 4 draws and 1 defeat equates to 14 matches and we've only got 13 matches left.

;)

Londonccfcfan

I would say that is most definitely unlikely, considering 9 wins, 4 draws and 1 defeat equates to 14 matches and we've only got 13 matches left.

;)
Well spotted.

We are currently 11 points behind Wycombe who are 3rd place with a game in hand.

If we beat them on Tuesday...big if. We would be 8 points behind them with still a game in hand.

Wycombe next game is Crawley away.(they could easily lose that) if we beat Lincoln(who are also in bad form) then we would only be 5 points behind them with still a game in hand. A lot of ifs.....but still. Just shows how quickly things change in this league.

So I’d say there is still an outside chance of automatic promotion and that’s just looking at the next few games. We could still be up there.

Looking the next two rounds of full fixtures Saturday 3rd March and Saturday 10th.

The top teams play each other or are playing playing away at the bottom sides. All to play for.

Was a crucial point yesterday. We actually moved up a place. Mansfield were in 3rd place whilst they were 1 nil up.
And we were probably in 11th or 12th place.

As quickly as we have dropped from 3rd place vs Exeter middle of January or 4th place after Cambridge on 30th January. To 10th. We can as quickly pick it up.

It can all change very quickly. But we need to turn this bad run around. Which hopefully we have as the performances haven’t been.

Wycombe game is crucial. Similar to October, we went through a horrendous run only to win our one and only game in that month vs Luton away on the last game of month. Can’t go through Feb without a win in the league if we want automatics.

stupot07

Realistically the autos are a write off. Bridging the 6 point gap is the main priority, and Tuesdays game is key. Failure to win will see us 5/6 points behind with only one game in hand. Personally I would rather have thr points on the board than a game in hand.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Realistically the autos are a write off. Bridging the 6 point gap is the main priority, and Tuesdays game is key. Failure to win will see us 5/6 points behind with only one game in hand. Personally I would rather have thr points on the board than a game in hand.

Yes true. But once we are in the play offs may take 4/5/6 games including our games in hand. The target will shift to automatics. We need to be in play off positions by end of March.

It could all get very tight and congested. As I’m not so sure Accrington, Wycombe, Mansfield, Notts county, and Swindon, are stuttering or will stutter.

stupot07

Yes true. But once we are in the play offs may take 4/5/6 games including our games in hand. The target will shift to automatics. We need to be in play off positions by end of March.

It could all get very tight and congested. As I’m not so sure Accrington, Wycombe, Mansfield, Notts county, and Swindon, are stuttering or will stutter.

I just can't see it. Its so much hard clawing back points at the top of the table. I can't see us wining 9/10 of the last 13 to get the 30 points from 13 games we will likely need. Failure to win on Tuesday that's 9/10 wins required from 12. That 3 game losing streak and more importantly our awful away form has killed off autos for me.

Londonccfcfan

I just can't see it. Its so much hard clawing back points at the top of the table. I can't see us wining 9/10 of the last 13 to get the 30 points from 13 games we will likely need. Failure to win on Tuesday that's 9/10 wins required from 12. That 3 game losing streak and more importantly our awful away form has killed off autos for me.

Your correct. Autos may well be too much to bridge that gap.

All depends though. Win our next three (not beyond us). Then it would be 7 wins from last 10. A lot more doable.

steve82

I still think we will scrape into 7th but it's gonna be a winner takes all scenario v Morecambe on the last day.

It's ccfc, we dont do easy

Londonccfcfan

If Wycombe lose to us on Tuesday, they still need 20 points from their last 10 games. To get to 80 plus.

Third place is still still up for grabs if we win our next 2/3 games.

Luton and Accrington will probably get top 3. But the rest still have a lot of work to do for automatics. All need another 20 plus points from their remaining 10/11 games.

Otis

Yeah. Auto's are a write off unless we produce absolutely scintillating form.

Let's just concentrate on trying to get into the top 7.

I think a draw at Wycombe would be a good result, but it's not really the result we need to climb on the shoulders of those above us and be breathing down their necks.

Personally I can see us drawing against Wycombe AND Lincoln. Honourable in many ways, but not enough.

Let's see where we are this time next week. Might be a much clearer picture.

wingy

If Wycombe lose to us on Tuesday, they still need 20 points from their last 10 games. To get to 80 plus.

Third place is still still up for grabs if we win our next 2/3 games.

Luton and Accrington will probably get top 3. But the rest still have a lot of work to do for automatics. All need another 20 plus points from their remaining 10/11 games.
Yeah and we need 30,not Impossible if we come like a train! !

wingy

can't see it mate, the only team in the top half with worse recent form than us is Newport in 13th.
It's unlikely but some of the injured are back we have it appears finally got the CF we've been missing really,all season,.
No disrespect to the valliant efforts of Max .
If we fail it will be a combination of Injuries and that one signing, cup run contributing to those Injuries, to an extent some of MR tactics /player managememt.
We haven't managed an extended run all season, probability of doing it now 5-10%?

westofrayne

Wycombe (Away) - L
Lincoln (Home) - D
Barnet (Home) - W
Luton (Home) - L - This needs to be called off and played when they have won the league, we might get something then
Crewe (Away) - D
Grimsby (Home) - W
Newport (Away) - L
Yeovil (Home) - W
Notts County (Away) - D
Crawley (Away) - D
Stevenage (Home) - W
Cheltenham (Away) - W
Morecambe (Home) - W

6 Wins, 4 Draws - 22 points, might scrape it but I think we will be 2 pts short playoffs

Brighton Sky Blue

It's unlikely but some of the injured are back we have it appears finally got the CF we've been missing really,all season,.
No disrespect to the valliant efforts of Max .
If we fail it will be a combination of Injuries and that one signing, cup run contributing to those Injuries, to an extent some of MR tactics /player managememt.
We haven't managed an extended run all season, probability of doing it now 5-10%?

The key injuries happened before Christmas and in Andreu's case before the official end of summer. The inability to replace these players has definitely been a factor, but the negative set-ups have been more costly in my view. Still, confidence breeds confidence and 2 wins next week could have us back in 7th.

Otis

The key injuries happened before Christmas and in Andreu's case before the official end of summer. The inability to replace these players has definitely been a factor, but the negative set-ups have been more costly in my view. Still, confidence breeds confidence and 2 wins next week could have us back in 7th.
Yep, though some are back, you could say the key ones are still out, Jones, Andreu and dare I say it, Davies, who was sensational until his injury.

wingy

The two loaned players have been especially disappointing ,couple That with recruitment failures in the summer on Beavon and Vincenti ,which may have allowed us a different CF from the start ,that's and handling Nazon are the only questions for me.
Not awful given the number recruited but could be better.

Otis

Have to say that even though I think he has done okay at times, overall, Vincenti has been a disappointment.

Beavon is now not even making the squad and if it remains that way that's a waste of wages.

Brighton Sky Blue

The two loaned players have been especially disappointing ,couple That with recruitment failures in the summer on Beavon and Vincenti ,which may have allowed us a different CF from the start ,that's and handling Nazon are the only questions for me.
Not awful given the number recruited but could be better.

We are better off playing our own kids unless we are sure the one we're getting is a talent, e.g. Armstrong, Murphy, Nazon etc. Otherwise it's a waste of everyone's time. There's zero point in Beavon being here but the length of his contract makes him very difficult to budge.

ccfcway

Have to say that even though I think he has done okay at times, overall, Vincenti has been a disappointment.

Beavon is now not even making the squad and if it remains that way that's a waste of wages.

I know some on here have said Vincenti played on the right at Rochdale, but in the two games I saw him on sky playing for them, he completely dominated playing CM. It was a league two version on Viera...

Users who are viewing this thread