Religious bloodlust (1 Viewer)

dancers lance

Give her asylum. It's the right thing to do.
She should be here already, It's a disgrace.

Westendlad

Just insults people. I have started insulting him back, but he just ran away and blocked me like a little kid. I think he’s not such a man as you seem to think..
Maybe you just bored him so much he had little choice but to block you Mart :)

Grendel

Maybe you just bored him so much he had little choice but to block you Mart :)

Many ignore Mart. If this is aimed at me then I genuinely have pulled away as I consider his mental state fragile.

He is a paranoid obsessive and the closer we get to to the perceived exit his fragility will increase. His arguments are increasingly delusional and exhibit classic signs of paranoia.

I argued against his views recently with real zeal and backed him into a corner. I felt uncomfortable with this afterwards as his responses became more and more absurd.

I’m not wummimg - he has significant issues - we all should leave him be.

Westendlad

Many ignore Mart. If this is aimed at me then I genuinely have pulled away as I consider his mental state fragile.

He is a paranoid obsessive and the closer we get to to the perceived exit his fragility will increase. His arguments are increasingly delusional and exhibit classic signs of paranoia.

I argued against his views recently with real zeal and backed him into a corner. I felt uncomfortable with this afterwards as his responses became more and more absurd.

Good call............I shall reply no more to him.

martcov

You’re nuts.

You recently confused the Holy Roman Empire with the Roman Empire ( long story ), fiscal union with monetary union and NCA with Electoral Commission ( and that’s off the top of my head ). In addition to your normal rabid insults of our players, our manager and our city, you seem to be suffering from early stages of dementia. Take your tablets and have an early night.

Last edited:

martcov

Good call............I shall reply no more to him.

The many who ignore me are a motley crew of: Grendel ( but he still peaks and comments ),Bazza ( nuff said ), Captain Dart ( or Council Jack as Grendel used to call him ) and Astute ( who admits to peaking and does reply anyway ). So by all means join the club.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Its not just a few bad eggs though Otis. Just in this instance, it's an entire community trying to kill somebody for believing in a different sky fairy.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Actually, it's the same Sky Fairy. Just semantics over what you believe about particular Sky Fairy.

Think of it like on here. We all support Cov but some people want us to play 4-4-2, others 4-2-3-1.

The you get into stuff like sectarianism, which is agreeing on a formation but one person what a particular player to play on the wing whilst another wants someone else.

Then you get really stupid stuff where you agree on formation, players etc but one wants the team to play in the long sleeves and another in short sleeves.

Otis

Actually, it's the same Sky Fairy. Just semantics over what you believe about particular Sky Fairy.

Think of it like on here. We all support Cov but some people want us to play 4-4-2, others 4-2-3-1.

The you get into stuff like sectarianism, which is agreeing on a formation but one person what a particular player to play on the wing whilst another wants someone else.

Then you get really stupid stuff where you agree on formation, players etc but one wants the team to play in the long sleeves and another in short sleeves.
So, is Islam 4-4-2, or 5-3-2 with wingbacks?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's like we've gone back 500 years in time isn't it.

There is just no place and no excuse for this kind of thinking in the 21st century.

I have known a number of Muslims closely over the years and they have all been nice people, but there clearly is a massive problem with so many within the religion.

It's clear as day that unless they allow this woman to seek refuge outside of Pakistan they have signed her death warrant.

It's no wonder I think religion is a load of bollocks when I come across this kind of thinking.

And if this thinking did actually ever prove to be true, then God is a very, very horrible, spiteful, nasty and hateful individual.

Given the poor state of many areas of the world and the lack of education (often deliberate so that those in power can't be questioned) it's hardly surprising many hold such extreme views. When you're told that this is the truth and not even given alternatives or the knowledge to question it then that's what happens. If you've spent you're life being force fed this stuff, having to pray 4 times a day etc and someone comes along and tells you it's a load of nonsense, you're going to find it hard to accept.

When Britain was at a similar stage of development Christianity was hate filled and violent and thought nothing of killing those who were non-believers. It's only very recently that some of that rhetoric has been fixed regarding things like homosexuality and we still have sectarian violence going on.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So, is Islam 4-4-2, or 5-3-2 with wingbacks?

It's more one up-front - God - with Jesus and Mohammed anchoring the midfield. Christianity is three up top - Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Y

1) A baker in N.Ireland refuses to bake a gay cake because of his religious views and the whole country is in uproar! "How dare he have beliefs and stand by them!? Let name and shame the company and boycott it until he loses everything! It's disgusting he has a belief"!

"if a person walked into a cake shop asking for a cake protesting gay marriage but the owner disagreed with that sentiment, should the owner of the shop have the right to refuse the order or should they have been forced to make the cake?"

If you switch the positions you do wonder if those outraged would feel the same or if they'd be applauding them for their principles?

For the record, I disagree with the baker on their attitude toward homosexuality

tommydazzle

Surely Jesus up front for the crosses.

Anyway god being everywhere and all powerful - could god kick a ball so hard that if he was in goal even he couldn't save it? Get out of that one Jehova.

Last edited:

fellatio_Martinez

"if a person walked into a cake shop asking for a cake protesting gay marriage but the owner disagreed with that sentiment, should the owner of the shop have the right to refuse the order or should they have been forced to make the cake?"

If you switch the positions you do wonder if those outraged would feel the same or if they'd be applauding them for their principles?

For the record, I disagree with the baker on their attitude toward homosexuality

Why should a Christian that doesn't believe in gay marriage make a cake that flies in the face of his belief? They didn't refuse service because the customer was gay, anyone ordering that cake would have been refused so it wasn't a case of discrimination. As correctly ruled in the supreme court.

This whole charade was just the usual over dramatised "plight" of the lgbt community where political correctness is used as a weapon to destroy anyone who doesn't hold their beliefs. The case cost the tax payer £250,000!

I personally don't give two rats bollocks who marries who but I side with the bakers purely on the grounds of freedom of speech and expression.

Grendel

It’s nothing to do with attitude to homosexuality

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Why should a Christian that doesn't believe in gay marriage make a cake that flies in the face of his belief? They didn't refuse service because the customer was gay, anyone ordering that cake would have been refused so it wasn't a case of discrimination. As correctly ruled in the supreme court.

This whole charade was just the usual over dramatised "plight" of the lgbt community where political correctness is used as a weapon to destroy anyone who doesn't hold their beliefs. The case cost the tax payer £250,000!

I personally don't give two rats bollocks who marries who but I side with the bakers purely on the grounds of freedom of speech and expression.

So we agree with each other. The baker had the right to refuse the order.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It’s nothing to do with attitude to homosexuality

Well, it was really..... it wasn't their opinion on Victoria sponges that was the issue was it?

OK, to be pedantic it was their opinion towards gay marriage specifically but I think their attitude towards homosexuality isn't exactly liberal, more grudging acceptance. If we were to propose criminalisation of homosexuality again I hardly think they'd be at the front of the queue for placards defending it.

Grendel

Well, it was really..... it wasn't their opinion on Victoria sponges that was the issue was it?

OK, to be pedantic it was their opinion towards gay marriage specifically but I think their attitude towards homosexuality isn't exactly liberal, more grudging acceptance. If we were to propose criminalisation of homosexuality again I hardly think they'd be at the front of the queue for placards defending it.

No it was about freedom of expression and the right to choose

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No it was about freedom of expression and the right to choose

The freedom of expression and the right to choose not to provide a service due to their opinion on homosexuality/gay marriage.

If they didn't give a shiny shit about homosexuality they'd have just baked the cake and taken the money. Do you think it'd have been dragged through the courts if someone had asked them why they'd denied service and they'd just said "we didn't like the shirt he was wearing"

Their opinion on sexuality is fundamental to the entire case - without it there is no case..

Otis

Asia Bibi released and on a plane somewhere apparently, but unclear as to where.

At least she is safe for now and I hope she can find fear free new future somewhere.

Otis

How is that Britain's problem?

Why should she be invited here as opposed to say all the other countries between here and Pakistan?
How is that all the other countries between here and Pakistan's problem?

Sky Blue Pete

Given the poor state of many areas of the world and the lack of education (often deliberate so that those in power can't be questioned) it's hardly surprising many hold such extreme views. When you're told that this is the truth and not even given alternatives or the knowledge to question it then that's what happens. If you've spent you're life being force fed this stuff, having to pray 4 times a day etc and someone comes along and tells you it's a load of nonsense, you're going to find it hard to accept.

When Britain was at a similar stage of development Christianity was hate filled and violent and thought nothing of killing those who were non-believers. It's only very recently that some of that rhetoric has been fixed regarding things like homosexuality and we still have sectarian violence going on.
And worse murdering those who didn’t belief things in exactly the same way

Otis

I didn't say it was. My point was that a refugee should seek refuge in the nearest safe country, not one that is 4,000 miles away and crosses many national borders.
And which is the nearest safest country then?

Users who are viewing this thread