relegation (1 Viewer)

blueflint

would it be so bad it could give us time to rebuild properly aka jimmy hill with proper support we could climb back

WillieStanley

It would be so bad and then some. The times of Jimmy Hill and revolution on a budget have long gone. If we go down and do not get some sort of a financial miracle, we will find ourselves routed.

People thought 10 years ago that relegation to this league would give us chance to "rebuild". It doesn't. We would climatise and nestle in with the L1 boys until we drop another league to "rebuild"... and repeat.

Sorry to be a doom merchant but that is how I see it

BackRoomRummermill

Spot on with that assesment. The only hope we can cling to is what Norwich did .......... We are not down yet which is a fact , but would be ssome achievement to stay up.

What a mess

sw88

Chief Commentator!
After the last 3 games, we should certainly not be ruling out the possibility of staying up! We seem to be happy playing football again, a bit like AT's 10 games last season. We're playing as a team, and playing for each other!

My main fear, aside from relegation itself is exactly what Willie Stanley says; if we go down, there is no guarantee of coming back up!

EleanorRigby

If we can stop up this season and have new and proper backers it will give us all a massive boost and we could be just a season away from the Prem instead of two.

Grendel

If we can stop up this season and have new and proper backers it will give us all a massive boost and we could be just a season away from the Prem instead of two.

I thought take over was a given? We are on the ride aren't we. Whispers all over the Lloyds stand? Odd as I sit there and never heard any of it. Never got to speak to Mutton either I assume? I sit near him - all seats behind him were empty.

BackRoomRummermill

I fear the only way we will be staying up is if we get taken over very soon and the cash is splashed very quickly. Our current squad as brave as it is will not save us.

ICHAN

Really can see us struggling if we get relegated unless there is a takeover of course and cash is spent on a team that would have to guarentee promotion which of course you can't.
Think everything possible should be done to try and some how survive in the championship, even not ideal obviously whoever wants to takeover gives sisu the money to get players on the guarentee and assurance that they go at the end of the season and any monies used to help survival is taken into consideration when they go.

Gaz

I can't help think of relegation as nothing more than a disaster.

I know teams have gone down and came back up stronger but it didn't work for us last time we got relegated.

Users who are viewing this thread