relegation? (1 Viewer)

zigojacko

I think we can avoid relegation, even with our low quality and small squad, I reckon we can still get some better results than some of the other teams in the Championship.

That being said though, if we carry on selling players, any injuries and we'll barely be able to field 11 players. We desperately need to get a few more players in, even on free's on loans to make up numbers and ensure we can target a mid table position.

Tankie

Hi Godiva.
Two different points of view here, and only time will prove either right. but I respect your interpritation.
on the point of player trading to survive, I agree, but whilst there are many heading for the exit, the in tray remains empty, this squad of players just avoided the relegation zone last season, do you really think we can stand further losses to its numbers and survive.
I reiterate my opinion, that without strengthening the playing squad we are staring relegation in the face, more than ever in recent seasons,
Respect.........Tankie

Otis

I think we can avoid relegation, even with our low quality and small squad, I reckon we can still get some better results than some of the other teams in the Championship.

That being said though, if we carry on selling players, any injuries and we'll barely be able to field 11 players. We desperately need to get a few more players in, even on free's on loans to make up numbers and ensure we can target a mid table position.

Well I think you make a very valid point. Could well be we get to a stage where we will struggle to put 11 players out on the field.

guicey15

Personally, i'd like to see more young players. Gael Bigirimana was man of the match for me, and Cyrus Christie also looked very good. So why not give a couple of others a run out (Jordan Clarke, Shaun Jeffers, Callum Wilson). The young players seem to be performing the best.

Godiva

Hi Godiva.
Two different points of view here, and only time will prove either right. but I respect your interpritation.
on the point of player trading to survive, I agree, but whilst there are many heading for the exit, the in tray remains empty, this squad of players just avoided the relegation zone last season, do you really think we can stand further losses to its numbers and survive.
I reiterate my opinion, that without strengthening the playing squad we are staring relegation in the face, more than ever in recent seasons,
Respect.........Tankie

Yes - only time will tell.
It is obvious we need more bodies as the squad really is thread bare. But trading must be sensible. The chairman got a lot of stick on this board for pointing out that Westwood left for free and was replaced with two adequate replacements brought in for free - and their combined wages are lower than Westwoods when he was here. He was clearly pointing his finger at the previous board for not being able to sell Westwood when he could demand a fee, but at least now we have two keepers who are sellable assets.
I think that shows some decent business sense from the new board.

One more think Tankie ... last season the team suddenly lost all form around christmas. Think about the timing. Westwood was being hyped and almost desperately marketed for sale in the January window. King was just brought in on a huge weekly wage in a time where the club was clearly cash strapped. McIndoe was called back from loan to prevent him from being injured and in the hope he could be sold along with Westwood.
The club was in a mess and I really believe that was a deciding factor on the teams performances.
Problem now is that if supporters keep demanding 'SISU OUT' this will surely effect the team performance in the same way.

howzer

Banned
Has it escaped every ones attention?
The Sisu Family are preparing to abandon ship, its obvious, they are selling any asset worth any money whatsoever, "Thats who they are, thats what they do"

It will be no surprise if, Clingan, Turner and Jukie, depart before the end of the Window, it will be a greater surprise if they don't.

by the fact that they are loyal supporters, many fans are reflecting on what they wish they were seeing, rather than what is actually happening before their very eyes, we are being dismantled, and there will be nothing left for the new owners to work with.

TankTop..

nice to hear from the tanktop again! i agree whole heartedly with you, the fact is Hoffman is obviously fronting Ranson and co-horts, it is a hostile buyout and i think not only do sisu want to make as much money out of it as they can but also want to make the lives of the new owners as hard as possible. people dont seem to understand the debts of the club are in a completely different company to the company that sells the players, so the sales amounts go straight to sisus investors, with no risk,, the debts will be the new owners problems while sisu sell everything. very very dark times ahead and relegation isnt looming the door is wide open.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
""people dont seem to understand the debts of the club are in a completely different company to the company that sells the players, so the sales amounts go straight to sisus investors""

Its a group of companies chap they are all owned by the SISU investment funds .............. SISU funds made loans to the parent company SB S&L which have lent the money to CCFC that owns the players. As a seperate company CCFC owes SBS&L..... it doesnt show that way in the group accounts because internal debts payable and receivable contra out. If SB S&L hadnt lent the money to CCFC then they would not have needed the money from SISU investment funds in the first place.

Any profit on player sales is shown on the CCFC accounts because that is where the asset was bought. All sales of players are in CCFC who owe the parent company and SBS&L would be entitled to reduce that inter company debt but to date there has been no evidence that player sales have been used in that way. SISU investment funds (not SISU) can take money out of SBS&L either by repayment of debts legally due to them plus with interest or by some sort of management charge - The Board said they have done neither (wont know till accounts get done). They cannot pay dividends to shareholders because with all the accumulated losses it would be illegal and as that is the way for shareholders to be paid then nothing has gone to the investors.

By far the biggest debt even if we sold the whole squad would still be SISU and so its their problem too.

SISU are not creaming off the player sales and leaving the debts. They would be entitled to use some of the cash to repay the loans but there is no evidence it has been done but if it was then that would reduce the debts of the club

I really have no love of SISU et al but get the facts right

Last edited:

Tankie

Old sky Blue.
Thanks for the enlightenment, which is put in a manner which far excedes my grasp of the financial Matrix.

who is actually incuring the debt, who is actually servicing the debt, and who owes who, and whose names are on the letters of credit, are of no consequence to the rank and file supporters who are standing helplessly by, and watching their club go down the drain through the lack of any serious and meaningful investment.

This takeover, if there is one, is likely to turn hostile, with either side knocking lumps of each other, like a punch and Judy Show, it needs to be sorted NOW, in a civilised manner and not drag on for months, or it will be too late to turn things round, Mr Hoffman and whatever puppeteer is pulling the sisu strings, please get your heads together as soon as possible.

PUSB Tank Top..

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
""This takeover, if there is one, is likely to turn hostile, with either side knocking lumps of each other, like a punch and Judy Show, it needs to be sorted NOW, in a civilised manner and not drag on for months, or it will be too late to turn things round, Mr Hoffman and whatever puppeteer is pulling the sisu strings, please get your heads together as soon as possible.""

Tankie - I totally agree...... do it or dont do it but get on with it!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well if we play like that all season we won't score a single goal, if we don't score a goal all season I think we will be relegated.

I was dissapointed with the performance yesterday but I am also confident that AT can get us playing some good stuff again like the end of last season and we can improve x 10 on yesterdays performance.

I am confident we won't be relegated.
^What a wally this guy was :jerkit:

^What a wally this guy was :jerkit:

First part was bang on though.

AT was looking for a replacement striker from the word go and wasn't given one until it was too late. Even then it was after we'd sold another.

Wasn't it near the beginning of the season when he was caught saying "our strikers couldn't hit a cow's arse with a badger" just before an interview...

Users who are viewing this thread