relegation? (1 Viewer)

classicfooty

In the run up 2 a new season, has anyone else felt this dissillussioned as i do now? after 25 years of suffering following the sky blues this just has to be the lowest ever

More to the point, does anyone feel as disheartened as they did before the game yesterday?

If we play like that all season we won't be relegated.

CovInEssex

just-do-it-blade.jpg

beduth

Relegation

Wev`e played one game , and already the R word is being used , thank god you weren`t around in September 1939 , otherwise we would be goosestepping now .

brinner

In the run up 2 a new season, has anyone else felt this dissillussioned as i do now? after 25 years of suffering following the sky blues this just has to be the lowest ever
yep, thats why we need to do sumet about it.

ru goin palace away?

Otis

More to the point, does anyone feel as disheartened as they did before the game yesterday?

You see, funnily enough I'm the opposite. Wasn't at all downhearted before the game, but staring the reality of the situation in the face yesterday, seeing what we put out and what we had on the bench and having to possibly accept that no-one at all may be coming in .... well i was much more downhearted afterwards.

Think the players are good enough. Think the manager is good enough. The squad though is paper thin. I am honestly starting to believe that relegation is a distinct possibility. We simply do not have any strength in depth and are very short up front. Anyone any idea what is going to happen should Jukebox be out for any length of time?

While I am indeed crossing my fingers and thinking we may bring some players in by some miracle, I am not holding my breath.

Bottom line to all this is, if we are stuck with what we've got we will be relegated. That is not because of the quality of player we have, simply because of the lack of cover and that our squad simply isn't big enough.

les_miserables

We played okay in parts and our ball retention was good. But that was just about our best team, okay Turner could come in for a defender and perhaps Keogh go back to right back maybe but we are well covered in defence. The fact is our "best" forward line didn't create one chance or had a shot on target even when we had a man advantage. Teams that fail to score goals struggle, end of.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well if we play like that all season we won't score a single goal, if we don't score a goal all season I think we will be relegated.

I was dissapointed with the performance yesterday but I am also confident that AT can get us playing some good stuff again like the end of last season and we can improve x 10 on yesterdays performance.

I am confident we won't be relegated.

Otis

I accept that this was just one game and a game against a very good well orgnanised side, but you have to say hand on heart, our team hardly screams out "goals" at you does it!

You see, funnily enough I'm the opposite. Wasn't at all downhearted before the game, but staring the reality of the situation in the face yesterday, seeing what we put out and what we had on the bench and having to possibly accept that no-one at all may be coming in .... well i was much more downhearted afterwards.

Think the players are good enough. Think the manager is good enough. The squad though is paper thin. I am honestly starting to believe that relegation is a distinct possibility. We simply do not have any strength in depth and are very short up front. Anyone any idea what is going to happen should Jukebox be out for any length of time?

While I am indeed crossing my fingers and thinking we may bring some players in by some miracle, I am not holding my breath.

Bottom line to all this is, if we are stuck with what we've got we will be relegated. That is not because of the quality of player we have, simply because of the lack of cover and that our squad simply isn't big enough.

But we knew all that before the game. I was just worried that we'd compound that problem by starting the season with a poor performance.

I'm definitely up for the Birmingham game. They're in just as big a shambles as we are but probably don't have our team spirit.

You're right about us lacking up top Otis. Judging by his supposed interest in the transfer market, AT knows this too.

Well if we play like that all season we won't score a single goal, if we don't score a goal all season I think we will be relegated.

I was dissapointed with the performance yesterday but I am also confident that AT can get us playing some good stuff again like the end of last season and we can improve x 10 on yesterdays performance.

I am confident we won't be relegated.

As others have said on here, we won't come up against as good a defending as that most weeks.

Otis

But we knew all that before the game. I was just worried that we'd compound that problem by starting the season with a poor performance.

I'm definitely up for the Birmingham game. They're in just as big a shambles as we are but probably don't have our team spirit.

Yes we did know all this before the game. Seeing the actual reality though in the flesh kind of really brought it home to me. It's like you know there are people starving in Africa. Really doesn't hit you until you see it covered in the news and see the pictures on tv.

Yes we did know all this before the game. Seeing the actual reality though in the flesh kind of really brought it home to me. It's like you know there are people starving in Africa. Really doesn't hit you until you see it covered in the news and see the pictures on tv.

Were you encouraged by the youngsters performances? I'm glad Biggie stepped up to the table on took his pre season form into a competitive game. Incredible composure for a 17 year old in such a big game. I think he's a more than adequate replacement for Gunnar.

What we saw yesterday is pretty much what I expected before kickoff.

Possession was generally good but there was too much sideways and backwards movement which reduced the impact going forward.

Difference to last season (prior to AT) was the keepers distribution to feet and minimal hoofball plus a bit of width at last from the two fullbacks.

Don't forget Fester have "purchased" a brand new team for this season, a bunch of journymen attracted by fools gold and not allegience to the M69ers.

No all in all we were not at all second best - so give credit where its due.

I agree our biggest problem is lack of numbers but I don't believe we will be relegated, Field Marshall Andy Thorn will see to that.

PUSB

Nonleagueherewecome

I don't feel as bad as I did at the Bradford game, but I do feel just as worried as I did at the start of the last relegation season. The only other time I've felt this concerned and depressed was when we were under Peter Reids management.

Otis

Were you encouraged by the youngsters performances? I'm glad Biggie stepped up to the table on took his pre season form into a competitive game. Incredible composure for a 17 year old in such a big game. I think he's a more than adequate replacement for Gunnar.

Yes indeed. thought both were excellent. my one and only worry is strength in depth. They were saying on the Beeb football show yesterday that Doncaster have 7 players out through injury. They then went on to have a further two players injured during yesterday's defeat.

7 injuries like that would kill us.

ccfc1973

What worries me is that the club has the feel of relegation and sitting at the ricoh yesterday u could almost smell it! AT even seems to be deflated to me
What p*sses me off is that if we had replaced king with a couple of decent strikers and bought in a winger and decent midfielder I honestly think we would finish top 8.

barnsleyskyblue

if things stay as they are we will go down with barnsley and palace, if we get some investment it could be o.k, but whatever happens i will always be sky blue as i have since 1974.:facepalm:

shmmeee

We played okay in parts and our ball retention was good. But that was just about our best team, okay Turner could come in for a defender and perhaps Keogh go back to right back maybe but we are well covered in defence. The fact is our "best" forward line didn't create one chance or had a shot on target even when we had a man advantage. Teams that fail to score goals struggle, end of.

That was NOT our best front line by a long shot. That would be either ROD or Eastwood and McSheff in behind. Baker can't play the hole and McSheff can't play up front, that's what was proven yesterday.

SkyblueSavage

I don't think we'll get relegated. I think we'll have to be patient as there will be a lot of silly mistakes. There are a lot of matches in a season and a lot of the teams, despite what the papers and pundits say, are weaker this season. I'm sure we can make a go of it and stay safe.

Otis

Platt Eastwood turner deegan Clarke Ireland I make that 6?!

Ireland? First teamer?

Give you the other 5 though. Proves it I think. If we were to lose a further two players we could be in real trouble. Especially if it were say Clingan and Juke.

Otis

I think we are okay with 2 kids in at the moment, but I seriously wouldn't wish to see any more than 3 tops. Can see it happening though unfortunately.

Otis

Indeed.

We will then have to start selecting from the under 14's.

It's what I've been banging on about the past few days, Tommy. Usually you resort to the kids when the injuries kick in and you haven't got any further otpions. We are already starting with the kids. Where that is going to leave us as the season draws on who knows.

Last edited:

TommyAtkins

Indeed.

We will then have to start selecting from the under 14's.

It's what I've been banging on about the past few days, Tommy. Usually you resort to the kids when the injuries kick in and you haven't got any further otpions. We are already starting with the kids. Where that is going to leave us as the season draws on who knows.

Wise words.

Unfortunately, it is highly likely that Gael B and Conor T will suffer an injury in the opening weeks of the season.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Let's face it. As much as it sticks in my throat to say this, Fester are considered as one of the fore-runners for promotion. They will stuff many other teams other than us throughout the coming season, so I just think we came across one of the better teams far too soon. Against the other teams in the league, I think we stand a great chance of some good results. Relegation? PAH!! :mad:

Tankie

Has it escaped every ones attention?
The Sisu Family are preparing to abandon ship, its obvious, they are selling any asset worth any money whatsoever, "Thats who they are, thats what they do"

It will be no surprise if, Clingan, Turner and Jukie, depart before the end of the Window, it will be a greater surprise if they don't.

by the fact that they are loyal supporters, many fans are reflecting on what they wish they were seeing, rather than what is actually happening before their very eyes, we are being dismantled, and there will be nothing left for the new owners to work with.

TankTop..

sky blue john

The other danger with a thread bare squad is being forced to play players who are coming back from injury to soon. They might only be 70-80% fit not be at their best and increased chance of futher worse injuries. All because we have no squad options. :(

Otis

Indeed. Not something I have seen anyone else pick up on yet to be honest. Players much more likely to play and be picked when not fully fit because we need the bodies.

Godiva

Has it escaped every ones attention?
The Sisu Family are preparing to abandon ship, its obvious

Whoa ... that's what you want, you should be exicited!

they are selling any asset worth any money whatsoever, "Thats who they are, thats what they do"

They are turning the club around so it can live within its means. Thats who they are, thats what they do.

It will be no surprise if, Clingan, Turner and Jukie, depart before the end of the Window, it will be a greater surprise if they don't.

OldSkyBlue58 analysed the current financial situation and concluded that at the moment the club has a cash flow deficit around 2.5 million per year. If player trading can secure that number then the club is living within its means.

by the fact that they are loyal supporters, many fans are reflecting on what they wish they were seeing, rather than what is actually happening before their very eyes, we are being dismantled, and there will be nothing left for the new owners to work with.

The club is not being dismantled ... it has been surviving on life support for so many years, but is now finally close to start breathing by its self.
New owners will have a lot more to work with than SISU had 3 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread