Relegation "would not be the end of the world" for CCFC (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

I'm sure I remember some football finance "expert" saying the same thing when we were relegated from the championship and I'm sure you'll find another one to say the same thing again if we're staring the conferance in the face too.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Relegation = failure.

He also acknowledges that it would result in a drop in revenue & attendance.....

I'd suggest if Sisu want to reboot, they can without the triple negative of relegation.....

....Therefore I personally conclude that this Robert Wilson fella is not a "football finance expert" but is actually a bit of a div....

torchomatic

Non stories help drive website click revenue says Internet Finance Expert.

Nick

Administrator
Can we have a comment from that bloke who was going to start a takeover with his crowd funding site that was designed by a 7 year old that was all over the CET? I miss him.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Non stories help drive website click revenue says Internet Finance Expert.

unless of course the Expert is from the Robert Wilson school of thought whereby he'd suggest ensuring the website has less traffic, fewer clicks & less adverts as it would then be cheaper to host & maintain....

chiefdave

I was hoping for a story about the finance issues surrounding relegation. Much better to focus on that than give everyone time to enjoy rare back to back wins.

Seems this experts genius plan is to not worry about the fact pretty much our only revenue source is ticket money which will see another big drop but instead to massively cut the player budget which will no doubt mean we are struggling in L2. Look at Portsmouth, crowds of 15K and associated large player budget but still can't get out of L2 and they have access to other revenue. Think the CT needs to start finding some better experts.

chiefdave

Also there's a huge flaw here isn't there. He says the advantage is to reboot as we won't have many players under contract. Surely we will have the same number of players under contract if we stay up so we could reboot with higher revenues.

rupert_bear

What drivel ! Didn't Bryan Richardson say similar things when we dropped out of the Premiership, almost 15 years later we are near the bottom of division 3 and I am certain either Fisher or Waggott eluded to something similar when we dropped out of the championship. One thing that would definitely happen should we drop is we will be looking for a new manager and atleast a dozen players. If this Gilbert bloke believes what he has written, he's an idiot.

ajsccfc

Michael Byng's chimed in, saying he agrees with the idea of a reboot. That's how he got his email working again.

Grendel

I'm sure of this same financial expert had said that building a new stadium makes no financial sense then he'd be lauded as s genius.

He is an expert - as long as the majority agree with his opinion.

Ian1779

Can we have a comment from that bloke who was going to start a takeover with his crowd funding site that was designed by a 7 year old that was all over the CET? I miss him.

He's lined up for the week after next.

Bill Glazier

Why can't Sisu 'reboot' now? Surely it'd be easier with League 1 status than with League 2.

Now Mowbray has stabilised the ship, Sisu must be able to see the only they can ever recoup any of their debt is by investing and building a successful football team. There is simply no other choice.

hill83

We lasted a good 13/14 hours talking about the football then. Cheers Simon.

Astute

I'm sure of this same financial expert had said that building a new stadium makes no financial sense then he'd be lauded as s genius.

1, You are not a genius for stating the obvious. So he wouldn't be.

2, The majority disagree with him.

davebart

It doesn't take a genius to recognise that a 'New' new stadium makes no financial sense.

And it doesn't take a genius to know that there is never any re-booting. I wish I had asked for a pound from everyone I met who said it would be good for CCFC to be relegated from the Premier League as it would enable them to take stock and regroup for a fresh assault.

It was b*ll*cks then and it is b*ll*cks now.

skybluedan

Oh mr Wilson call yourself a football finance expert, I'm sure some of my past clients will disagree even the finance part hey!!!!!!

martcov

Seriously. Has he been asked about that? It would be interesting to see an "expert" opinion about stadium financing.

skybluedan

he is more interested in making a name for himself than making money and he calls himself a finance expert,for the amount of time he has been in the job he is no expert and your book Robert is laughable

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The only "reboot" that ever worked for me was pressing Ctrl/Alt/Del :whistle:

aloisiwouldhavescored

What drivel ! Didn't Bryan Richardson say similar things when we dropped out of the Premiership, almost 15 years later we are near the bottom of division 3 and I am certain either Fisher or Waggott eluded to something similar when we dropped out of the championship. One thing that would definitely happen should we drop is we will be looking for a new manager and atleast a dozen players. If this Gilbert bloke believes what he has written, he's an idiot.
Bryan Richardson did say similar things, if I remember rightly he said he thought "it would be really rather fun" seeing us in the Championship and winning lots of games!!!!!!!!!!!! Just look where that got us.

RegTheDonk

Agree with Chief, we'll have quite a few out of contract at the end of the season. That will (if he stays) probably give TM the opportunity to "re-boot" the squad, should SISU be willing to give him a decent budget.

Michael Byng's chimed in, saying he agrees with the idea of a reboot. That's how he got his email working again.

Have to quote this, classic stuff. One of the best one liners I've seen here :)

shmmeee

Forget this! Mowbray is here, what are the financial implications of reaching the play offs? :D

dongonzalos

Nice to see experts looking at our situation. The more independent experts looking at it the Better I say.

It's makes sense.
It would hurt the fans more than the finances of the club

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread