Relegation thread (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

If we stay up it'll be one of the all time great come backs, and it'll have to be done by scoring loads more than we have. Out defence is pretty mid table but our attack is dead bottom of the league.

We will need Vernham to be Armstrong Mk2 and probably another attacking player in before the window shuts who hits the ground running.

Captain Dart

Otis

Thing 1 more loss in the next game and it's 100% for me too. Currently about 98%.
Yeah. I'm in the 90's.

One last chance. This squad is truly terrible. Really, really awful. We are shipping goals and hardly having shots on target in games.

The one last chance? An inspirational player brought in, in the next 3 days.

Everyone now surely believes we are all but certain to go down don't they?

Gazolba

Next 2 league games will decide whether we stay up or not.
No, the last two decided that. The next two will decide how many points adrift we are at the bottom.

Paxman II

I've been away and only glanced at the team earlier. When I saw it I had no confidence we could win. Beginning to think Slade is struggling. If that's the case I'm surprised. The next game has to be a win. Fail to do so and I fear it could become fatal. Not certain but looking grim.

wingy

Yeah. I'm in the 90's.

One last chance. This squad is truly terrible. Really, really awful. We are shipping goals and hardly having shots on target in games.

The one last chance? An inspirational player brought in, in the next 3 days.

Everyone now surely believes we are all but certain to go down don't they?
Chill there is budget available.

Cov kid 55

I've been away and only glanced at the team earlier. When I saw it I had no confidence we could win. Beginning to think Slade is struggling. If that's the case I'm surprised. The next game has to be a win. Fail to do so and I fear it could become fatal. Not certain but looking grim.

I hate to say this, but for the first time today, I think we have gone too far. In fact, I've started to think of the positives of League 2. Here's one, I have been to 58 grounds watching City over the past 50 years (59 grounds if I include Chelsea v Everton in the 80's), and I reckon I'll have chance to increase my ground visits by about 14. Anybody else see any silver linings? - And, I still hope I'm wrong and that we contrive a miraculous escape!

trevelfarandwide

At this rate, I believe we'll struggle to get 6 wins all season...can't see any daylight, I'm afraid, even if we claw a few wins and draws on the bounce, we still have to rely on those above us having terrible runs of form in order to get clear.

I'll be surprised if Slade lasts till March, to be honest...

Terry Gibson's perm

This will be the third relegation I've witnessed. The difference is that this time I see not one glimmer of hope. That really shows how bad we are considering it's only January.

They are getting easier to take and I am less bothered each time god knows what it will be like this time next year in the bottom 2 of division 4

Otis

This will be the third relegation I've witnessed. The difference is that this time I see not one glimmer of hope. That really shows how bad we are considering it's only January.
Well that's it exactly.

When we went down from the Premier we thought we would be pressing hard and challenging near the top in the Championship to come straight back up. Same too when we first went down to League One.

The way Fisher spoke makes me feel we will merely set up to survive in League Two and will not be challenging at all.

I, like so many others think we will lose thousands of fans next year. There will be no buzz, no excitement and very little hope.

The only thing that seemingly beckons is a drop out of the leagues altogether.

It is grim with very little hope of an upturn in our fortunes.

BackRoomRummermill

Yes and the further we drop the less worth the club is so maybe the light in the tunnel here as far as a takeover by someone

We are the a basket case of a club created not by having shit footballers down the years but down to greedy owners and mismanagement and theft

Otis

Yes and the further we drop the less worth the club is so maybe the light in the tunnel here as far as a takeover by someone

We are the a basket case of a club created not by having shit footballers down the years but down to greedy owners and mismanagement and theft
But the further we drop the more playing at the Ricoh becomes a burden and the more cold and soulless it will appear to be.

Otis

Another thing that worries me is that we drop and struggle and then move to the Butts with crowds of 3,000-4,000.

Sisu then leave, we are then taken over, but not by some mega million rich owner, but by someone of lesser means.

We start to do well, the Butts is not developed to anything like the capacity we would need and Wasps won't let us back to Ricoh.

Basically, if we are to be taken over it needs to be persons of means. A much smaller scale takeover with no new stadium could still leave us wallowing around the mediocrity of midtable League Two.

Yeah, I know, getting well ahead of myself, but I don't even see a takeover solving out problems, unless of course it is something major.

NortonSkyBlue

Another thing that worries me is that we drop and struggle and then move to the Butts with crowds of 3,000-4,000.

Sisu then leave, we are then taken over, but not by some mega million rich owner, but by someone of lesser means.

We start to do well, the Butts is not developed to anything like the capacity we would need and Wasps won't let us back to Ricoh.

Basically, if we are to be taken over it needs to be persons of means. A much smaller scale takeover with no new stadium could still leave us wallowing around the mediocrity of midtable League Two.

Yeah, I know, getting well ahead of myself, but I don't even see a takeover solving out problems, unless of course it is something major.
Yes getting ahead of ourselves, like it seems we are already down or already at Wembley. One likely, one possible.
The situation is such that we are no longer in control of our own destiny one way or the other, if Wasps want to us out we are forced to seek a solution that will not be palatable to many and not one to give us a springboard to move forward if things change.
We may need to look at BPA if they would have us, we may end up in another town again, beggars cant be choosers and we are beggars who may look at league two mediocrity as the last of the golden years.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Fisher is the epitome of the Modern Executive, someone rewarded for producing failure are failure.
But not in the eyes of his bosses, he is tasked with breaking even or making a profit in the short term. He earns his wage, bonus etc on all this to the detriment of any long term objectives.
Typical hedge fund for normal business but not suited to football.

Terry Gibson's perm

Although I think we will struggle next year, it might be in their best interests to keep us in the league as part of his beloved breakeven is selling young players.

1. Do academies work the same in non league or is it easier to pick off young players
  2. Are we as attractive to young players who want league football

SkyBlue_Bear83

Even now, I don't see a takeover improving the fortunes of the club.

In fact I haven't since the Ricoh was sold, the hope before was of course that a new owner would takeover both ACL and CCFC and unite the both as it should have been, but that went out of the window a few years ago. Since then I've always been of the opinion that even with a takeover this sinking ship can't be turned around, at best it could be stabilised by a new owner.

Even with a takeover I still see us being shit but right now I'd settle for being shit with someone who is acting with the clubs interests rather than their own agenda.

Otis

In fact I haven't since the Ricoh was sold, the hope before was of course that a new owner would takeover both ACL and CCFC and unite the both as it should have been, but that went out of the window a few years ago. Since then I've always been of the opinion that even with a takeover this sinking ship can't be turned around, at best it could be stabilised by a new owner.

Even with a takeover I still see us being shit but right now I'd settle for being shit with someone who is acting with the clubs interests rather than their own agenda.
Yes, agree.

The only bright foreseeable future is with mega money pumped in.

Hobo

But not in the eyes of his bosses, he is tasked with breaking even or making a profit in the short term. He earns his wage, bonus etc on all this to the detriment of any long term objectives.
Typical hedge fund for normal business but not suited to football.

Yes just like hedge funds, who take their cut regardless of whether the investment comes off or not.

Old Warwickshire lad

Think your right.As soon as the Richo was lost that was it.

sky blue john

What i don't understand we are deep in the shit, we needed something from yesterdays game. Why did we not strengthen the team in the week, all we got was deadly silence from the club!

chiefdave

But the further we drop the more playing at the Ricoh becomes a burden and the more cold and soulless it will appear to be.
If you look at ground requirements for the conference there's not a huge amount that would need to be done to the Butts to bring it up to standard. Don't think anyone would bet against another relegation next year given that if no-one is buying season tickets the budget will be cut again.

So at the point the Ricoh agreement runs out we're in non league and the Butts is a perfectly viable option.

Scary thought but I certainly wouldn't bet against it happening.

saltaire bantam

I think you are as good as down, you need 3 or 4 wins more than the other strugglers, out of the remaining games? Having won 4 all season? Sorry, but to an outsider, relegation is nailed on.

Bury have Vaughan who may score them out of trouble, Oldham were a really tight group on Saturday, if they get a striker in then I can see them picking up points.

Users who are viewing this thread