Relegation final stretch , who will stay up (3 Viewers)

Who will stay up

• Derby

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 53 36.8%
  • Rotherham

Votes: 17 11.8%

• Total voters

Gosb

Of the 9 possible outcomes, Derby get relegated 4 times, Rotherham and Sheff Wed get relegated 7 times each. My feeling is that Rotherham will lose and Derby and Sheff Wed will draw, so Derby will survive. How many times were we doing this type of calculation during our time in the top tier?

Paxman II

It's a position we are pleased not to be in. Rotherham can still survive but now require results going their way on the final day. However I can't see them winning at Cardiff.
I think the game of the day is Derby v Wednesday. I can see Wednesday sneaking a win and completing their houdini act, relegating an inept and badly managed Derby, who thought they were too good to go down. Remember Wednesday had a 6 points taken away and regardless of the reasons I hate to see the fans suffer for a clubs misdemeanors.

Grendel

I don’t really get why Rooney gets stick on here

wingy

It's Derby as far as I'm concerned , whether that's right or wrong IDK .
It's more anything that levels the field really as far as I'm concerned .
Of course a bit of damage for them may instantly make them more attractive and stronger more swiftly.
Re Rooney I expect some of it may be down to how his salary gets paid?

Frostie

People like to see a big name fail & he had it throughout his playing career too - just the way society is sadly.

Derby's problems run far deeper than Rooney but, that said, his record is not great & simply put he's not qualified for the job. They have more experienced coaches like Rosenior, Given etc. who actually have the required coaching badges too (else they wouldn't have been allowed to appoint Rooney anyway). He's made some very silly comments too which will always get picked up on.

Derby are incredibly lucky that Wednesday have had a points deduction & both Wycombe & Rotherham have been so poor (partly due to Covid for the latter I'd guess). Most other seasons they'd likely already be down.

Last edited:

Magwitch1

It would suit us if Rotherham survived Sheffield Wednesday and Derby have more potential to do better next season, but I can’t see them beating Cardiff.

Otis

Rotherham now haven't won in the last 7 games.

Would need an out of sorts, on the beach Cardiff you would have thought, for them to bag the three points there.

Cov kid 55

I agree. He hasn’t always covered himself in glory, but he has always taken his football seriously, and obviously loves the game. A young English manager trying to make his way in the game. I actually wouldn’t mind Derby getting relegated, but I won’t be glorying in Rooney’s ‘failure’.

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree. He hasn’t always covered himself in glory, but he has always taken his football seriously, and obviously loves the game. A young English manager trying to make his way in the game. I actually wouldn’t mind Derby getting relegated, but I won’t be glorying in Rooney’s ‘failure’.

Trying to make his way as a celebrity appointment made by a chairman who’s lost the plot

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’ve got no axe to grind with Rooney or Derby to an extent, I just feel they’re more likely to be better than us next season. So I’d rather one of the other 2 to stay up, ideally Rotherham.

I kind of want Derby to drop, as they sent us down from the Premiership....

Otis

Could say we want Sheff Weds to go down because Gary Megson pretty much ended Dean Emerson's career with a terrible tackle. Never the same player again after that.

Can pretty much find a reason to dislike every team can't we?

🤷‍♂️

shepardo01

I kind of want Derby to drop, as they sent us down from the Premiership....

When was this!!??

I do remember they beat us at home in the last home game of the season pretty much condemning us to relegation;
But then we went and won at Spurs with other results going our way and we stayed up!!!

Sky Blue Harry H

Given a manager's job before he was ready for it, by the looks of it. If you think he gets stick on here, pop onto the Derby forum. Not his fault he was given the job,; more the fault of his employers. Not sure how involved Mclaren has been, but the fans have been asking for weeks for him to take the helm.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

When was this!!??

I do remember they beat us at home in the last home game of the season pretty much condemning us to relegation;
But then we went and won at Spurs with other results going our way and we stayed up!!!
When we got relegated from the prem, we lost to villa. Turns out the defeat didn’t matter as even if we’d have won - Derby’s win at Old Trafford on the same day meant we were relegated anyway

Cov kid 55

Can’t understand why the fans would want McClaren back. Didn’t he have them top of the Championship with about 6 games to go, a big club came in for him, turned his head, and Derby never won another game. Might be a half decent coach, horrendous manager.

Users who are viewing this thread