Relegation final stretch , who will stay up (2 Viewers)

Who will stay up

• Derby

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 53 36.8%
  • Rotherham

Votes: 17 11.8%

• Total voters

Brighton Sky Blue

It's tricky for Rotherham, they will need Wednesday to have something to play for Saturday, but if they win tomorrow it's relegation for Wednesday and almost certainly 3 points for Derby Saturday, stick or bust.
I feel this post needs some Monday's, Tuesday's, Thursday's and Friday's for balance.

For God's sake man sort the apostrophes out!

Philosorapter

I've got the following in relegation and safety zones.

Glicko-2 reckons Wednesday will stay up and Rotherham will finish bottom currently.

21. Sheffield Wednesday (1368)

---
22. Derby (1348)
23. Wycombe (1328)
24. Rotherham (1321)

Magwitch1

I suppose we should be hoping Rotherham survive I reckon both Derby and Sheffield Wednesday will be stronger than Rotherham next season just can’t see Rotherham winning either game to be honest.

Brighton Sky Blue

I've got the following in relegation and safety zones.

Glicko-2 reckons Wednesday will stay up and Rotherham will finish bottom currently.

21. Sheffield Wednesday (1368)

---
22. Derby (1348)
23. Wycombe (1328)
24. Rotherham (1321)

Does your Glicko factor in the points deduction?

the rumpo kid

Wednesday players not payed again in April, and there owner has threatened them if they embarrass him by being relegated he will half they're wages. Not much of an incentive to get a result . But I don't think Rotherham will get another point, and Derby will bottle it on the last day.

Moff

I used to get my little brother to say “come on city you can win” before going to games and I get my son to say it now. And to be fair to him, since he’s been able to say it we’ve been promoted twice and won a cup.

Keep him doing it!

I was talking to my son about City, and he was asking what league we were in when he was born. He's 20 now, and we were just about to go down from the Premier League when he was born. 20 years its been, what a sobering thought......where the hell has that time gone!

mark_ccfc

Very very difficult to call this one. The table shows that Wednesday are on better recent form than Derby, but Rotherham' form goal difference is better than both of them. My guess is that Wednesday will beat Derby, but Rotherham will win one of their games to relegate Wednesday and Derby on goal difference.

no_loyalty

Very very difficult to call this one. The table shows that Wednesday are on better recent form than Derby, but Rotherham' form goal difference is better than both of them. My guess is that Wednesday will beat Derby, but Rotherham will win one of their games to relegate Wednesday and Derby on goal difference.

Derby are bottom of the form table, Rotherham are second from bottom of the form table.

SkyBlue_Bear83

My guess is that Sheffield Wednesday will beat Derby, so Wednesday will finish ahead of derby. Just depends whether rotherham will get the three points required then to finish ahead of both of them.

Difficult position for rotherham cause they want wednesday to to put up a fight against derby and win/draw but a rotherham win against luton effectively relegates Wednesday.

skyblue1991

"We've got quality in the team and my message to fans is don't panic, don't worry, we'll be fine"

I just hope Derby go down, just to serve Rooney right saying the above

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

AOM

Really want Sheffield Wednesday to survive mainly as it's a good away day

Think Derby will just about manage it though

Otis

Really want Sheffield Wednesday to survive mainly as it's a good away day

Think Derby will just about manage it though
I agree.

Depends what happens tonight though I suppose.

I do think Derby will beat Wednesday, or at least get the points they need.

Be very odd if Rotherham suddenly won the last two games, but I guess anything is possible. Depends very much on the sides Luton and Cardiff put out.

Reactions: AOM

skybluesam66

If Rotherham get a win, then Derby will need to get something on saturday or Rotherham are safe
A Rotherham win would also put Sheff wed out of it

I think they will manage at least 1 win from the 2 games - and expect that to come tonight
Will then depend if Wednesday;s hearts are in it on Saturday

AOM

Also think Derby are more likely to be more competitive next year (assuming they don't keep Rooney) compared to Rotherham and Wednesday so would be better for us if they go down

Mucca Mad Boys

If Rotherham get a win, then Derby will need to get something on saturday or Rotherham are safe

I think they will manage at least 1 win from the 2 games - and expect that to come tonight

Pretty sure even Rotherham fans have been expecting them to win a game for some time now!

Luton and Cardiff are two tough customers. Personally, I think Derby will stay up. Sheffield Wednesday need to win against Derby and that probably plays into the home teams chances a bit more.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wednesday players not payed again in April, and there owner has threatened them if they embarrass him by being relegated he will half they're wages. Not much of an incentive to get a result . But I don't think Rotherham will get another point, and Derby will bottle it on the last day.

So that's all 3 relegated then ? Wycombe to win 18-0 and leapfrog them all?

Otis

My guess is that Sheffield Wednesday will beat Derby, so Wednesday will finish ahead of derby. Just depends whether rotherham will get the three points required then to finish ahead of both of them.

Difficult position for rotherham cause they want wednesday to to put up a fight against derby and win/draw but a rotherham win against luton effectively relegates Wednesday.
Actually, looking at it, it doesn't. Not quite. It would need a big turnaround at the weekend, but it is possible for Wednesday to still stay up.

So, as it stands....

Rotherham have 40 points. GD of -16
Wednesday have 40 points. GD of -21

If Rotherham win tonight and it was just by an odd goal, that would make it..

Rotherham on 43 points. GD of -15

Wednesday still on 40 points. GD of -21

A 6 goal swing. Tough indeed, but not impossible.

Would need a big win for Wednesday, or a big defeat for Rotherham, or something of a sway Inbetween.

Unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Remember Swansea last year? That was a 6 goal swing.

skybluesam66

in simple terms

Lose the last game and they are down
Draw the last game and they would only go down if Rotherham got 4/6 points
Win the last game and they would only go down if Rotherham got 6 points

so probably avoid defeat in the last game will keep them up - lose it and they are down

ovduk78

I want Derby & Sheff Wed to go down so that they get a real penalty for consistently overspending in the championship and it will be funny watching them try to fit in with L1 SCMP rules next season. Unfortunately I think it will be Rotherham & Sheff Wed that go down.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I want Derby & Sheff Wed to go down so that they get a real penalty for consistently overspending in the championship and it will be funny watching them try to fit in with L1 SCMP rules next season. Unfortunately I think it will be Rotherham & Sheff Wed that go down.
If I recall for the purposes of SCMP all the relegated teams players are designated average league salary, or players above the average don’t count towards the cap. Something like that anyway

skybluesam66

If I recall for the purposes of SCMP all the relegated teams players are designated average league salary, or players above the average don’t count towards the cap. Something like that anyway
true, but if their better players want away, they can only be replaced with players within the salary cap

no_loyalty

I hope Rotherham don’t get the win tonight, as the Sheffield Wednesday players won’t care on Saturday especially as they haven’t been paid.

ovduk78

According to the rules any wages paid to players signed before september 2020 and on 3 year deals are exempt from SCMP. They have such a high turnover of players I doubt either club has any in this category.

skyblueelephant76

According to the rules any wages paid to players signed before september 2020 and on 3 year deals are exempt from SCMP. They have such a high turnover of players I doubt either club has any in this category.
Wasn't the salary cap withdrawn after the PFA complained?

Users who are viewing this thread