Released players (1 Viewer)

grego_gee

Maybe the list of players to be released has been effected by whether their contract was with Ltd or Holdings?

:pimp:

grego_gee

I have more questions than answers! Does the book value of the registrations get written down year by year over the length of the contract? I am not sure if the contract value equates directly to transfer fee? Is a book value placed on free transfers? Would holdings have a problem fielding players registered with Ltd? If so under what circumstances?

wingy

I have more questions than answers! Does the book value of the registrations get written down year by year over the length of the contract? I am not sure if the contract value equates directly to transfer fee? Is a book value placed on free transfers? Would holdings have a problem fielding players registered with Ltd? If so under what circumstances?

One way or another I'm expectant of further points deductions.:(

grego_gee

They haven't been released have they? Just up for sale?

I'm thinking there were a couple of surprises in there, Jordan Clarke and Jennings surprised me. If it was down to where the contracts were, perhaps they could be welcomed back once sorted? But the suggestion of training seperately doesn't seem necessary if that was the case?

Last edited:

Dhinsa's_Millions

I think one of ther articles on the A Prison of Measured Time blog discusses when a lot of the players contracts were transferred over. It suggests this was after June 2012 when Tim Fisher signed off the 2011 accounts and If i remember correctly was at some point before the official Admin in May 2013.

grego_gee

I think one of ther articles on the A Prison of Measured Time blog discusses when a lot of the players contracts were transferred over. It suggests this was after June 2012 when Tim Fisher signed off the 2011 accounts and If i remember correctly was at some point before the official Admin in May 2013.

Any that were transfered are not a problem, its the ones that remain in Ltd. That may be marooned.

wingy

Ahh that was to straighten the books out which were suddenly a mess.

I've just mentioned In another thread ,and i'm unsure here ,but is it Correct that Otium are already holdings parent? If So are they in breech of TUPE once the players were transferred over to Holdings from LTD? :thinking about::confused:

chiefdave

They haven't been released have they? Just up for sale?

They can't release them can they unless they pay of the term of the contract? Maybe the players being given the boot have their contracts in Ltd and they're going to try and terminate their contracts if and when they liquidate ltd. if they try something like that I think the PFA will be getting themselves involved.

wingy

They can't release them can they unless they pay of the term of the contract? Maybe the players being given the boot have their contracts in Ltd and they're going to try and terminate their contracts if and when they liquidate ltd. if they try something like that I think the PFA will be getting themselves involved.

Maybe Appleton was not referring to just the golden share in his statement yesterday.If there was a ruck with the PFA on the horizon.

What does he mean here ,why has he emphasised the Beneficial ownership agenda . that is obviously a point for future conflict .

Possibly introducing It here to expedite the Process.

"Otium has purchased the right and title to certain assets possessed in Limited including the shares in the Football League and the Football Association. I stress that I have only been able to sell such right and title to these as Limited possesses because CCFC Holdings Ltd asserts beneficial ownership over them."

Brighton Sky Blue

The 'unwanted' players' contracts being kept in Ltd suggests to me that the company is going to be liquidated so we don't have to pay them a penny.

Nick

Administrator
Would it not be too much of a co-incidence that only the players we don't want have their contracts with limited but everybody else is magically with holdings?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
The 'unwanted' players' contracts being kept in Ltd suggests to me that the company is going to be liquidated so we don't have to pay them a penny.

Football creditors rule means players have to be paid in full.

Which is why Kanu could've brought Portsmouth down if he'd wanted to.

Brighton Sky Blue

Liquidation means game over for everybody concerned. As Ltd will no longer hold the GS then football creditors rule no longer applies.

chiefdave

But their claim would be against Ltd which wouldn't exist anymore. Wouldn't surprise me if they're going to try and pull something like this. It would also be a reason thy aren't training with the team "they're nothing to do with CCFC, they don't even train with us" will be the line trotted out.

Nonleagueherewecome

But their claim would be against Ltd which wouldn't exist anymore. Wouldn't surprise me if they're going to try and pull something like this. It would also be a reason thy aren't training with the team "they're nothing to do with CCFC, they don't even train with us" will be the line trotted out.

Bit early to be concluding that this is the plan, but if so, it will be one of the most despicable actions ever carried out against it's players by a club. I'd be amazed if Pressley is enough of a moral coward to go along with such a scheme. The PFA won't stand for it I don't think.

Chipfat

Sisu have no problems with changing companies to leave unwanted players and a lease in one while transferring what they need across to the active one, they might be getting a phone call from the FA, if allowed could change how players contracts are compiled and the game as we know it...

Nonleagueherewecome

Sisu have no problems with changing companies to leave unwanted players and a lease in one while transferring what they need across to the active one, they might be getting a phone call from the FA, if allowed could change how players contracts are compiled and the game as we know it...

Does rather smack of "business as usual" when you put it like that :(

So the Ltd squad is at the Memorial Park helping set up for Godiva and the rest are doing yo yo tests at Ryton.

I am so pleased our club is so professionally run :jerkit:

blend

So it definitely is all the liabilities in the one company, all the 'assets' in the other. Can the Football League really let this go? Is 15 points as far as they will take it?

Brighton Sky Blue

So it definitely is all the liabilities in the one company, all the 'assets' in the other. Can the Football League really let this go? Is 15 points as far as they will take it?

We should be glad we're not in the Scottish equivalent which still carries no fixed penalty for things like administration and plucks the deduction out of thin air.

Brighton Sky Blue

Bit early to be concluding that this is the plan, but if so, it will be one of the most despicable actions ever carried out against it's players by a club. I'd be amazed if Pressley is enough of a moral coward to go along with such a scheme. The PFA won't stand for it I don't think.

Pressley is in the classic win/win situation Thorn found himself in. Win some games and win lots of plaudits, lose them and expectations are set so low that his reputation can't suffer.

Brighton Sky Blue

Its total De Ja vu:(

Being a reasonably close follower of Scottish football it struck me as a run of the mill appointment. There are much more promising managers there (Derek Adams at Ross Co being especially impressive) and to pick someone known as a bigger bullshitter than Neil Lennon instead was underwhelming. Then again, if Adams had any ambition he wouldn't touch this place with a bargepole.

grego_gee

Would it not be too much of a co-incidence that only the players we don't want have their contracts with limited but everybody else is magically with holdings?

Why does it all have to be conspiracy theories, I was thinking the players left in Ltd had been somewhat accidental, I can't believe SISU control everything to that degree.
They may be having to sideline some players that they actually wanted to keep?

wingy

Anyone remember that Story last year , no proof of course but a left back from Exeter I think who reported something odd about contracts with the Club he'd been linked with,i only bring this up as It could be pertinent and someone posted he'd been shown around the RICOH.:thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread