Regardless of 'ownership'! (1 Viewer)

RichieGunns

I have just read several pages of this thread and have come to this conclusion...

My faith in humanity has been lost. There really are some idiots on this forum, how can you be taken in my SISU and fishers lies like this?

True Sky Blue you must be a troll because calling our club SISU BLUES can only suggest you are a fan from another club being a dick, no decent (or right minded) Sky Blues Supporter would EVER call our club that ridiculous name!

As for RFC, see the bigger picture. By giving SISU money, you therefore give them the money that they will then pocket. Not one penny of it will go near the team.

They care very little for how we do in the leagues as they know Premiership is out of our reach while we're in this situation.

Starving them out is the ONLY sollution.

Oh and going back to TSB! I'm sorry but i support the team and players 100% but i refuse to support SISU or fishface. How does that make me a fake fan? So I say "WE HAVE A SISU TROLL!"

CCFC_GT

I don't think it would be set in stone, no, as this particular course of action is clearly a rushed decision to progress along this line of discourse (otherwise you'd have plans to show people, land bought, and be a fair way along the planning process).

Therefore, if (IF) it did actually happen, I think it would be far more logical for the club to have possession of the ground. The aim, after all, is to package the club for sale as effectively as possible.

But surely SISU haven't put together a rushed plan that wasn't put together properly. Heaven forbid. After all it had to be a plan good enough to convince the wise old heads of the football league that SISU were intent and capable of returning the club to Coventry.

Last edited:

deanocity3

did you know that AFC Bournemouth is only their trade name, the full title is Bournemouth and Boscombe athletic football club.
so if the worse comes to the worse can we still be Coventry city football club as trade name,but officially but called something else

Spionkop

Italiahorse, love your passion. In amongst the dry accountancy and feeble mindedness of some on here who advocate looking at things from Sisu's viewpoint. Why would we want to do that? They've not listened to our viewpoint. Let's not wave the white flag and negotiate our way to oblivion.
With passionate supporters like you and a few thousand others we can come back again.
Don't let Sisu threaten us with talk of liquidation. Threaten them with talk of not signing the CVA.
We have reached the stage of orchestrated action. Lawful but powerful. It's OUR club and we want it back.
Still hoping for good news tomorrow. Playing at the Ricoh. Those bastards will still be here, but one game at a time.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

It's not feeble mindedness to work out how to defeat your enemy.

On the contrary. Charging into battle to be mown down in a hail of bulletts or, worse, shot by your own side is the far more feeble minded thing to do.

Last edited:

James Smith

No it's not! Who's been paying ALL the wages? Who paid for the 'Training Camp'? If things don't change and we don't own our own ground and receive ALL revenue streams (under FIFA Fair Play Rules, our Club will NOT EXIST), just ask Mark Robins, Paul Fletcher, Ray Ranson, Geoffrey Robinson and NUMEROUS OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Under FFP we will be shafted at Sixfields however much of the car parking and F&B revenue Young Timothy has negotiated, through lack of support for the move as evidenced by the number of Season Tickets sold. We would be far better off at a stadium in Coventry (especially without Sisu)

italiahorse

It's not feeble mindedness to work out how to defeat your enemy.

On the contrary. Charging into battle to be mown down in a hail of bulletts or, worse, shot by your own side is the far more feeble minded thing to do.

Don't go to Northampton and keep out my sights then ....

James Smith

Any new ground will be constructed by a developer who will raise the capital. The caveat to this is SISU/football club will then pay the mortgage. That mortgage will be far less than the 1.3m rent they were paying to ACL for a rented pitch.

CCFC/SISU will own the new stadium freehold and an increasing asset. ALL revenue streams will be received. Other activities such as concerts, F&B and then some will also be all the clubs.

SISU know we will not be rushing back to the big time for a number of years at best, maybe 5, 10 years unless there is some fantastic performances and luck. So this plan is the only way to recoup their investment. Once they stabilize the club in say the Championship again with a new stadium they will finally have their get out clause and the club with the stadium will sell for some 60m upwards easily.

The debt everyone says is already heaped on the football club is nonsense. paper and more paper trail and largely written down/off.

Now ask yourself will you pay rent for a pitch to play on when you could have your own if you are prepared to take some short term heartbreak to get it?

None of this is rocket science.

The only alternative is some ownership or long lease term in the Rocoh to provide an equivalent exit strategy but it seems up to now the council refuse to recognise this simple fact. It's never been about the rent on it's own. The 1.3m was extortion and the level ACL offered at 400k proved this fact. It moved on from there to the future of the football club which needs revenue from the stadium it plays in from the customers it provides to help sustain it's very survival.

SISU may have played hard ball and be seen to be inflexible and uncaring but I have not seen any action from the council that has been very different.

Perhaps now with new talks being suggested in progress there will be a final coming together and a way forward at the Ricoh arena?
Well playing hardball might work in the city of London and in the world of hedge funds but I can't say it's worked here that well. Sisu had the opportunity to buy a half share in ACL from the Higgs for an agreed price based on a formula. They talked to the Higgs and then buggered off had they bought this share at the time or shortly after they took ownership of our club then I think it would have been cheaper and given the club two seats on the board. Then we could have made it obvious that the rent was too high and could have done so with one third of the board of ACL backing a reduction. The Council would have been more likely to sell their share to the new part owners and possibly increased the length of the lease. In the last offer from ACL their share of the F&B revenue was included and cross invoicing, but SISU turned that offer down and moved us to Sixfields. 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing I know, but given Young Timothy has said that revenues under FFP are important why are we moving to Sixfields?

Users who are viewing this thread