Reflections on the January Window (2 Viewers)

Northants Sky Blue

It sounds like Robins' target was Mason-Clark with the expectation he'd come straight in

Exactly. MR likely highlighted EMC as a vital piece in this seasons promotion push and, based on Dougs past in negotiating great deals for Vik/Gus/plus our incomings, believed he'd be able to do a deal with MacAnthony

7 days straight of him trying to do that didn't come off and we've ended up paying the `Get him Now' price....without getting him now.

It bodes well for the future cos I doubt Dougs ego as a succesful businessman will swallow that again

But with regard to this season, MR was hungry right now and has been given a potentially great restaurant reservation.... in 6mths time

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

It sounds like Robins' target was Mason-Clark with the expectation he'd come straight in
Peterborough set their stall out. They weren’t selling players without a loan-back agreement. I imagine we tried to offer more than we paid in the end to not have a loan back. Then in the end, the two clubs compromised.

I’m looking forward to the Daragh MacAntony’s podcast where he said he’ll talk about Doug King more.

fernandopartridge

Peterborough set their stall out. They weren’t selling players without a loan-back agreement. I imagine we tried to offer more than we paid in the end to not have a loan back. Then in the end, the two clubs compromised.

I’m looking forward to the Daragh MacAntony’s podcast where he said he’ll talk about Doug King more.

It's good cover for Robins mind if we don't make the play offs this year

Samo

Quality? Stones a number of times, Queen the same, Zepplin & Who at the Lanch many others, dozens at the rock house, Smiths might have been at the rock house, just about every one of the Mowtown greats, big band, orchestras, I forgot U2 at the General Wolfe

Never been into the Stones. Queen and the Who you can have but this is really a matter of taste. I'll raise ya The Clash and REM.

slowpoke

I just wish we had another iron in the fire, if only so Doug could walk out when it became clear Darragh wasnt budging
Never been into the Stones. Queen and the Who you can have but this is really a matter of taste. I'll raise ya The Clash and REM.
Been at lot of different punk concerts half watched not really in to punk to be honest, missed Sex Pistols unfortunately due to illness.
Got one for you watched one of my favourite ever bands in the mid sixties at the Jazz club, Steam Packet they played there a number of times I used to sneak in at 15. They had a number of members who became world stars. Name them.

slowpoke

Rod,baldry, Driscoll.Auger?
Well done Rod on base guitar MMissed out Jeff Beck, and Reg Dwight, remember him ? on piano, I actually as a claim to fame sat with my back on his piano while he was playing, what a different world it was then.

Samo

Been at lot of different punk concerts half watched not really in to punk to be honest, missed Sex Pistols unfortunately due to illness.
Got one for you watched one of my favourite ever bands in the mid sixties at the Jazz club, Steam Packet they played there a number of times I used to sneak in at 15. They had a number of members who became world stars. Name them.

Looking more at Cov bands... did anyone see King (formally known as Raw Screens) or the Pink Umbrellas at the Wolfe?
(Those were the 2 bands that emerged from the split of The Reluctant Stereotypes)

slowpoke

Looking more at Cov bands... did anyone see King (formally known as Raw Screens) or the Pink Umbrellas at the Wolfe?
(Those were the 2 bands that emerged from the split of The Reluctant Stereotypes)
King in their prime were good don’t know their history but their lead guitarist was a real player, I remember being at the Walsgrave club one New Year’s Day and there was a group on doing kareoke basically taking the piss out of the singers and this lad got up borrowed their lead guitar, tuned it, which is a piss take and blasted into a rendition of Beatle stuff had the club rocking in minutes, the poor drummer couldn’t keep up.

Samo

King in their prime were good don’t know their history but their lead guitarist was a real player, I remember being at the Walsgrave club one New Year’s Day and there was a group on doing kareoke basically taking the piss out of the singers and this lad got up borrowed their lead guitar, tuned it, which is a piss take and blasted into a rendition of Beatle stuff had the club rocking in minutes, the poor drummer couldn’t keep up.

Do you remember a band called The Furious Apples?

slowpoke

Going back in the day in 70s/80s the Edgar Broughton band from Meriden were very good popular nationwide also there was the Sorrows, the Avengers, Jigsaw had a big number one with Sky High. there were other but to be honest we were second fiddle to the Brummies who had a list of top bands as long as you arm, I think a few had Cov lads were in them.

Samo

No what years were they

80's, if you like the Stones I think you'd have liked them.
Unfortunately, they started living the rock star lifestyle before they were rock stars and imploded. They were brilliant on their day but surrounded by chaos!
Do you remember a Leamington band called Mummy Calls?

Hobo

I guess we'll see who is right in due course.

There is no right or wrong you can't draw direct comparisons from one season to another too many variables. There are pros and cons with big and small squads.

For instance you could be well covered in one position and short in another. But depending on how injuries fall, you could still end up short in the position with more players and the one you were short in survive using one player practically.

Two per position is what most teams go for. After that it is a bit mix n match.

Users who are viewing this thread