Refereeing....You couldn't make this up (1 Viewer)

theprince

Just read on another website that Cov. kid Graham Alexander was playing for Preston today v Charlton in his final game before hanging his boots up. He equalised in the final seconds with his final kick in pro-football after playing over a 1000 games and ran and celebrated with the Preston fans and the ref, booked him, can you believe that ? It seems a Charlton player confronted the referee, took his shirt off (not the refs) and threw it at him.

Delboycov

I know he's retired and past his best now but I would love us to persuade him to have 1 more season playing for the club he has always supported. Always said his big regret was not playing for us and I really think he would provide the experience we need in League 1...maybe his appearances would be limited but his influence would be invaluable.

TheHellion

I heard that on SSN earlier, and I have to say that the entire panel universally agreed it was ridiculous, and I have to agree!

The guy has played over 1,000 games, and scores in the dying embers of his last game. Why shouldn't he be allowed to show a little bit of emotion? They're human beings, not robots!

mark82

I heard that on SSN earlier, and I have to say that the entire panel universally agreed it was ridiculous, and I have to agree!

The guy has played over 1,000 games, and scores in the dying embers of his last game. Why shouldn't he be allowed to show a little bit of emotion? They're human beings, not robots!

Is he out of next weeks game for some reason?

TheHellion

Is he out of next weeks game for some reason?

Of course, they've not played their full quota of games have they! :facepalm:

Still think it was ridiculous to book him!

theprince

Was interviewed in the week on Talksport by Keys and Gray and said his roots are up north now so it will be a Lancashire club i suspect.

Macca

Not refs fault, if he doesn't apply rules he gets penalized. Not really going to affect player

Users who are viewing this thread