Refereeing Decisions? (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue

Thinking of our last two league games (Leicester and Birmingham) I think that it was three crucial refereeing decisions that lost us the game. The first and second being in the Leicester match, one when Sol Bamba showed clear dissent not once but twice after making a foul without getting booked, despite shouting at the ref's face. In my opinion it was this decision not to book Bamba that gave Leicester and the referee the mindset that they could get away with anything, with virtually every decision in the game going their way after the incident.
The second decision in the game was obviously the Carl Baker sending off. We were on top for the 20 minutes that they were down to ten men and I believe we would have won the game had Baker not been sent off. From where I was sitting (Block 17) the decision looked pretty harsh on Baker, and happened only minutes after the Bamba decision. Of course Ritchie Wellens Savage-style rolling didn't help either.
The final decision came yesterday at the Birmingham game when Chris Hussey's shot was deemed not to have crossed the line even though it looked that it was pretty clear that it had. We all know what getting a goal can mean for a team and can greatly improve confidence meaning we could possible have gone on to win the game, or at least got a draw.
What I'm trying to say is maybe we lost those games a little unfairly, and with a bit of luck we might be able to survive this season. Well that's just my opinion, would like to see what everyone else thinks.

PS. This is my first thread :)

smileycov

Facebook User
Could be worse....we could have spent 10 mill and still lost at home to reading :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread