Referee (2 Viewers)

trondegilsoltvedt97

The referee was very poor today - with a lot of strange decisions, bordering on ridiculous. However, that can't hide today's performance, which was unacceptable. Need a big improvment quickly

oscillatewildly

This was clearly a case of an individual who'd decided on a career change come Monday morning, so had decided to go out on a high/low whichever way you want to call it. Referee assessor must have torn up the performance score card way before 90 mins.
Concise English dictionary have contacted me this evening to explain that whilst my repeated chanting of the word 'cheat' was wholly correct in it's delivery to the North Lincolnshirephile muppet, I have gone over my ten year allowance of the verb.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I hope the club use the video of the game they record to put together a clip of every decision that showed bias towards Scunny, especially when he helped Williams from his feet. In today's games, linesmen won't even kick a ball back when it lands at their feet so why on earth would a ref feel it appropriate to run back towards a player whos clearly not injured and help him to his feet?!?

Then again, there might not be a memory stick with big enough memory for the amount of errors he made today

ps1948

Defensive errors cost us the game today, no doubt about it, but it could have been so different if the ref had given the penalty for what appeared to me to be a foul on Murphy - before Scunny scored their first. From where I was watching I couldn't believe it wasn't given - why would Murphy dive/fall over when he was in a goalscoring position?

The Ref set the scene by telling each and every Scunthorpe player that they had reached their quota for warnings - the first cynical foul on Maddison in the first minute should have been rewarded with a yellow card.

georgehudson

CCFC were well below par in the 1st half,
that said there is no excuse for such a blatantly biased, inept, & pathetic performance by that THING linington,
you linington, are not fit to referee, get out of the game, & leave it to people who will try & get decisions right, whatever your problem is with Coventry, let's have it out in the open,
in the opinion of thousands, YOU ARE NOT FIT TO REFEREE,
GO FORTH & MULTIPLY !!!!

eastwoodsdustman

I know we didn't play very well today but the referee had a massive impact on our performance. Every time we went forward into the opposition half they tripped pulled and even rugby tackled our players. This stopped us having any real chance to play any attacking football at all. 3 or 4 yellow cards would not have been too much bearing in mind the BBC counted 19 fouls by Scunthorpe today and would have altered their 'tactics' and would have allowed us to at least push forward a bit. The ref's performance today was dreadful and right up there with our centre back pairings performance.

Otis

'I know we didn't play very well yesterday?'

:thinking about:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

How the hell can anyone say the refs wank performance had no inpact on the game or our poor performance. We started off bright and Murphy was definately rugby tackled to the ground inside the six yard box, not possibly, definately. Once he had got passed the defender any contact from behind would result in a pen, the fact that he wrestled him to the floor and landed on top of him meant a clear penalty and very likely sending off. The ref bottled it, then within 30 seconds gave them the softest of freekicks which led to there goal. 10 men and a goal down within 5 mins after that the whole game would have changed, end of. Besides the fact he allowed them to persistantly pull back, trip, block, wrestle, waste time Etc he kept shouting 'No More' to there players after each foul yet never booked anyone all game until Mcsheffrey came on and got booked for his first challenge, fucking useless. The blond lad who used to play for us committed over a dozen fouls and was told on numerous occasions 'No More' yet evaded a caution. He then booked Vincelot twice and seemed to love sending him off because Vincelot had giving him the hair dryer treatment for his shit performance minutes earlier, which just took the piss. Added to this the ridiculous decisions the ref came up with and the incompetant linesman going off injured without getting any decisions correct, the replacement lino deciding it was time to warm up for over 5 minutes during the game. The whole game was never going to be for us today. Its getting hard to believe the run of game changing decisions that are going against us game after game. I am normally reasonably calm at games these days but yesterday even the old boy in front of me turned to me and said calm down or you will give yourself a heart attack, just at this point and directly in front of me murphy was going down the wing and there defender blatently batted the ball out of play with his arm within 6 feet of the linesman who gave a throw to them, that was it for me, fucking useless tossers the four of them hardly got a decision right between them all game. But of course none of this had any impact on our bad peformance did it.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
How the hell can anyone say the refs wank performance had no inpact on the game or our poor performance. We started off bright and Murphy was definately rugby tackled to the ground inside the six yard box, not possibly, definately. Once he had got passed the defender any contact from behind would result in a pen, the fact that he wrestled him to the floor and landed on top of him meant a clear penalty and very likely sending off. The ref bottled it, then within 30 seconds gave them the softest of freekicks which led to there goal. 10 men and a goal down within 5 mins after that the whole game would have changed, end of. Besides the fact he allowed them to persistantly pull back, trip, block, wrestle, waste time Etc he kept shouting 'No More' to there players after each foul yet never booked anyone all game until Mcsheffrey came on and got booked for his first challenge, fucking useless. The blond lad who used to play for us committed over a dozen fouls and was told on numerous occasions 'No More' yet evaded a caution. He then booked Vincelot twice and seemed to love sending him off because Vincelot had giving him the hair dryer treatment for his shit performance minutes earlier, which just took the piss. Added to this the ridiculous decisions the ref came up with and the incompetant linesman going off injured without getting any decisions correct, the replacement lino deciding it was time to warm up for over 5 minutes during the game. The whole game was never going to be for us today. Its getting hard to believe the run of game changing decisions that are going against us game after game. I am normally reasonably calm at games these days but yesterday even the old boy in front of me turned to me and said calm down or you will give yourself a heart attack, just at this point and directly in front of me murphy was going down the wing and there defender blatently batted the ball out of play with his arm within 6 feet of the linesman who gave a throw to them, that was it for me, fucking useless tossers the four of them hardly got a decision right between them all game. But of course none of this had any impact on our bad peformance did it.

Think most people agree that it had no alefdecr on the overall 'result' more than our performance.

Could you ever see us winning that game, irrespective of how dire the ref was?

Thing is Parsons, I don't think anyone is blaming the ref for the result.

Let's not start believing excuses are being made here.

Bottom line is: Ref was dreadful. We were dreadful. There was only the one contentious decision that had any bearing on the game and that was whether there should have been a penalty for us when Murphy appeared to be fouled in the 6 yard box.

Other than that, nothing the ref did cost us the game. We lost the game because we were truly dreadful.

Doesn't excuse the fact though that the ref was dire.

We can't mix the two things up. I don't think for a second that people are saying the ref had a bearing on the result.

There were many people around me after the match blaming the ref hence my pre saturday night indian takeaway rant. The food was great so all is well now.

torchomatic

Lord_Nampil

the performance was not good enough in the first half yesterday, but get the penalty and go 1-0 up the game would have been different! as soon as scunny scored they went 8 men behind the ball, and we just couldn't deal with it which caused more mistakes and gave them at least 3 chances of which 1 of them they hit the bar! second half we were better, just conceded a sucker punch goal. the ref then just didn't help the situation with pedantic issues like the free kick for offside and the corner. it could have been said if we get the early pen its a red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity...... tight margins plus a poor over all performance cost us....

georgehudson

with a fit & competent referee scunthorpe would have been reduced to 9 men in the first half & 8 in the second, and my answer is yes i could see us winning that game

Warwickhunt

City's performance and the referee's performance should kept separate from this issue! If there was a referees assessor at the game then without doubt the report must have been damning to say the least. I for one feel that his handling of the match should be investigated in more depth than usual that's all I can really say without making libellous accusations. If I was TM I would write to the referees association and the league and request that he does not want this man to ever officiate a city game ever again. Now for the city's performance is down to a lack of desire, inexperience and lack of leadership on the park and inconsistent team selection. If TM needs to something in the last 17 games is to select 18 players to see us through and stick with it secondly we need a right fucking nasty bastard out on the park who can sort out these twat mangers who select players to fuck over our youngsters . I thought the treatment metered out to Maddison and the lack of protection from the referee diabolicle, now we have to sort out the tactics because it seems to me every team sets up against us the same in other words we are being pressed high and they are keeping their back 4 back which close down the space for our quick players. Next game you see! please look out for the middle ground between their press and their defence, the space is so open and we never seem to get any body to drop into it. The players from the back need to thread a ball into a player that has pulled off their back line or doing a deft lob over the press into the space between their two banks of 4 in doing this it will do one of two things the press falls back or their defence comes forward to anull it which ever the case we will have less pressure on our back line or we can get behind them. Football is easy it's players decisions that make it hard , on this thought look at our defensive players when we get the ball at the back they control the ball and there is not a player within 15-20 yards of them and they look up and try to make some kind of impossible pass. They need to collect the ball move forward and hold off the pass until they reach the opposition player and then pass this effectively takes the forwards out of play and pushes our press a bit higher. Nuff said as you can see I was not very happy with events on the pitch today

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Did nobody else think Maddison was diving a lot? Yes they were dirty and there were a lot of fouls, but he was diving too.

Warwickhunt

I saw a young lad seeing a gap in the surrounding players and going for it and being obstructed he was constantly having to lift his legs in the air after passing the ball because they was always late in the tackle. Next game just watch the what happens to Maddison after the ball has gone, I was quite shocked at the oppositions tactics

Londonccfcfan

I actually don't think this referee was favouring them or on their side. Cos that would make him a cheat or a fraud. I just think he was just plain incompetent for 90 mins and clueless.

Warwickhunt

I actually don't think this referee was favouring them or on their side. Cos that would make him a cheat or a fraud. I just think he was just plain incompetent for 90 mins and clueless.
And when was the last time you see a referee help a player up to feet especially one who constantly fouled through out, I also thought that referees stopped the game to let substitutes come on when the player is standing on the touch line ready to come on? On one occasion he stopped the play and waited until their player take off his tracksuit retie his sock laces all whilst he was by the subs bench. As I said the I would demote this gentleman t the Lower reaches on the football league preferably Sunday league

Nick

Administrator
I saw a young lad seeing a gap in the surrounding players and going for it and being obstructed he was constantly having to lift his legs in the air after passing the ball because they was always late in the tackle. Next game just watch the what happens to Maddison after the ball has gone, I was quite shocked at the oppositions tactics

sometimes as soon as the ball is coming to him you can tell he is clearly going to just try to win a free kick.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes he is fouled. Sometimes though he does dive.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Did nobody else think Maddison was diving a lot? Yes they were dirty and there were a lot of fouls, but he was diving too.

Come to expect nothing less tbh. Not always a bad thing, but sometimes the dives are blatant and embarrassing, but if it gets a free kick, and we actually do something with it (like make sure Bigi is nowhere near it) I won't complain ha

Speedies_Chips

City's performance and the referee's performance should kept separate from this issue! If there was a referees assessor at the game then without doubt the report must have been damning to say the least. I for one feel that his handling of the match should be investigated in more depth than usual that's all I can really say without making libellous accusations. If I was TM I would write to the referees association and the league and request that he does not want this man to ever officiate a city game ever again. Now for the city's performance is down to a lack of desire, inexperience and lack of leadership on the park and inconsistent team selection. If TM needs to something in the last 17 games is to select 18 players to see us through and stick with it secondly we need a right fucking nasty bastard out on the park who can sort out these twat mangers who select players to fuck over our youngsters . I thought the treatment metered out to Maddison and the lack of protection from the referee diabolicle, now we have to sort out the tactics because it seems to me every team sets up against us the same in other words we are being pressed high and they are keeping their back 4 back which close down the space for our quick players. Next game you see! please look out for the middle ground between their press and their defence, the space is so open and we never seem to get any body to drop into it. The players from the back need to thread a ball into a player that has pulled off their back line or doing a deft lob over the press into the space between their two banks of 4 in doing this it will do one of two things the press falls back or their defence comes forward to anull it which ever the case we will have less pressure on our back line or we can get behind them. Football is easy it's players decisions that make it hard , on this thought look at our defensive players when we get the ball at the back they control the ball and there is not a player within 15-20 yards of them and they look up and try to make some kind of impossible pass. They need to collect the ball move forward and hold off the pass until they reach the opposition player and then pass this effectively takes the forwards out of play and pushes our press a bit higher. Nuff said as you can see I was not very happy with events on the pitch today

I happen to know the person who took over as 4th official when the original 4th official took over as lino. You will be amazed to learn that the assessor gave the referee a good report.
Says it all doesn't it.

Ricketts

In the referees opinion the only think he got wrong is that when he booked McSheff he had forgotten he doesn't play for Coventry any more

georgehudson

if the assesor gave that referee a good report, then we need to know who the assesor was, because by condoning the non-protection of players he is cheating.
the FA have clearly stated that the protection of players is paramount, yet Linington blatantly ignored the FA edict, & if true, so did the assesor, in any field of work, if you have gone directly against company policy you would be reprimanded

Users who are viewing this thread