Referee: (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

Excellent tonight, on the ball & up with play in complete control all match, can’t think of hardly any issues to moan about about we had a decent one too.
Didn’t get to my regular analysis yet so I’ll jump in here.Spent the first 20 mins playing between ifollow and hesgoal trying to get/lineup picture and comms.
I actually thought he missed a lot and was one of the weaker refs we’ve had lately. Not sure about the 3 on the goalie early on. It looked offside to me but haven’t played back. Hyam lucky not to get a yellow and couldn’t have complained too much about a red.
I was ready to give him a 5

kg82

Thought he was crap personally. Not just for us. But there were a few fouls not given, then a few that were which definitely weren’t (McCallum putting it through their defenders legs and then falling over, for one). Blatant corner to us not given. 6 minutes added time (what?!). Got the booking correct.

Frostie

Really, really poor.

I think the fact he was happy to let Rotherham take that final free kick from inside our half despite it being given for offside kind of summed up his night.

Took our players pointing it out before he realised.

Last edited:

BornSlippySkyBlue

Missed a few obvious ones (for both sides I thought) but didn’t change the game with his ineptitude, so for that reason I’ll let him off. Meh

chiefdave

Wasn't really any major issues but more because nothing major came up than his level of competence. Seemed to miss a lot of minor stuff that for me was well above letting the game flow.

Briles

One of those refereeing performances where if we had lost we would be slating him. Let a lot go.

pusbccfc

Intially felt like he was on top of the Rotherham dark tactics but then began letting them go.

Marty

Thought he was crap and got worse throughout the game, that olesundae(sp?) made 5 fouls before he was even spoken too. Constant diving by both teams, was a poor performance from him but got the 3 points and that's all that matters.

covcity4life

Everyone moans about how soft the sport has become but as soon as ref doesnt blow whistle for every challe he he's shit and the other team are bullies lol

Londonccfcfan

I thought he was really poor for both sides. Missed a ton of fouls after the ball had gone but seemed to give a lot of really soft fouls in other instances.
Not to mention the blatant shirt pulling he let go time and again. Can see our players getting frustrated particularly Godden. And even Wilson was grabbed when trying to kick it quickly. Luckily for him his retaliatory fling of arms didn't catch their striker.

Adge

Wasn't really any major issues but more because nothing major came up than his level of competence. Seemed to miss a lot of minor stuff that for me was well above letting the game flow.
Yep this. Got a few of the basics wrong-still I guess trying to find his feet at this level after being the “best official in Australia”
Didn’t get the foul against Hamer when we were on the break late on for the life of me. Let one or two things go early doors which could have resulted in loss of match control. Luckily for him it didn’t escalate and come to that.

Frostie

Let one or two things go early doors which could have resulted in loss of match control. Luckily for him it didn’t escalate and come to that.

Exactly this.
Think I said it in the match thread at the time but the potentially nasty Hyam collision only came about as he missed 2 blatant pushes in the back of first Kelly & then McCallum.

clint van damme

Didn’t get to my regular analysis yet so I’ll jump in here.Spent the first 20 mins playing between ifollow and hesgoal trying to get/lineup picture and comms.
I actually thought he missed a lot and was one of the weaker refs we’ve had lately. Not sure about the 3 on the goalie early on. It looked offside to me but haven’t played back. Hyam lucky not to get a yellow and couldn’t have complained too much about a red.
I was ready to give him a 5

The Hyam challenge wasn't a bad challenge

lifeskyblue

Let one or two things go early doors which could have resulted in loss of match control. Luckily for him it didn’t escalate and come to that.

Agree with this. Let a lot go early; more than just letting the game flow. Then he had a spell of blowing for everything before again letting some quite blatant fouls go unpunished. No real obvious major errors by him and he was even handed.

Users who are viewing this thread