Referee Analysis Blackburn (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

Did OK. Might wish he'd changed his cards up a bit if he watches replays

Ostigard's disallowed goal. Good call. Started his run onside but was off after the flick on.
Ostigard's first yellow. Ref missed the foul but had to yellow the retaliation.
Ostigard's second yellow. Screen was frozen. Haven't seen the replay yet but no-one seemed to argue it
First half he missed a blatant push on James and seconds later called a lesser one by Armstrong (A little guilt?)
Douglas was unlucky to get the first card of the game. His foul was no worse than some that had been let go. Having said that he was a very lucky boy not to get a second when he brought down O'Hare. Especially after our red.
Ref was very close to the play (Not sure if that's good or bad) he was hit twice and narrowly got out of the way a couple of times
Bad call for a dive by (Elliot?) I thought was going to cost us a goal.
Played advantage well except two occasions. one when Dabo got up quickly and was away and a second when McCallum and their wingback got into either a "Fair" or '50/50"
Shoulder charge. We had the ball and he called it back for a foul on McCallum. He could have let it go but if anything the foul should have gone the other way
Overall rating 6.5

D

Deleted member 2477

Never a 2nd yellow for the sending off but otherwise he was ok

lifeskyblue

Thought the ref was decent. Yes player did stamp on Ostigard and ref missed that but had to book ostigard for his reaction. Other than that no obvious big errors. I was a little surprised he didn’t give a second yellow when they hauled our player down but can’t quibble really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Never a 2nd yellow for the sending off but otherwise he was ok

he’d already been given a final warning after the previous foul

pusbccfc

Why didn't the Blackburn player get a yellow card for his foul on O'Hare in the final minute despite giving Ostigard a yellow for a similar challenge?

Grendel

Why didn't the Blackburn player get a yellow card for his foul on O'Hare in the final minute despite giving Ostigard a yellow for a similar challenge?

He’d already told Ostigard another foul and you are off it was stupid

Cov kid 55

I didn’t think he was too bad, 6.5 feels about right. I felt that Robins should have subbed Ostigard after the yellow, he’s very competitive, and is unlikely to back off. Was a daft foul, gave the ref no option. We’ll miss him Tuesday.

Terry Gibson's perm

It would have been hard for him to have seen the stamps but hopefully somebody will make a fuss about it and he will get a ban later like Davies did for us.

the rumpo kid

Must appeal the first yellow on osti , clearly stamped on . What's the boy supposed to do ? Appeal the red as the first yellow should be voided.

no_loyalty

Does anyone have film of the incident where the guy stamped on Ostigard?

For what it's worth the club need to send the video to the FA, then a retrospective ban can be given to the Blackburn captain for violent conduct.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

For what it's worth the club need to send the video to the FA, then a retrospective ban can be given to the Blackburn captain for violent conduct.

Just checked the next few fixtures and blackburn's aren't against our relegation rivals so that'd be fine.

If they were playing teams around us I'd have said leave it cos otherwise we're just making it easier for their next opponents.

mark82

he’d already been given a final warning after the previous foul

Yep, think if you look at the foul in isolation it looks harsh but it's the foul before that does it really.

Felt Barry Douglas should have walked for his cynical foul on O'Hare. Given what had happened with Ostigard that should almost certainly have been a second yellow. Obviously the stamp should have resulted in a red too. One of those games where, although it wasn't I'll tempered particularly, could have seen 3 red cards. That said, didn't think ref did too badly despite missing a couple of bits.

Garryb80

If you watched on iFollow you can view it again, 69mins. It's pretty clear & obviously deliberate, why would you bring your left foot down at a completely different angle to your right otherwise.

View attachment 18912
I disagree i dont think it was deliberate. He is on his way down and just trying to land. Ositigards needless reaction cost him the red card

shmmeee

I disagree i dont think it was deliberate. He is on his way down and just trying to land. Ositigards needless reaction cost him the red card

When have you ever landed with one foot off at right angles to the other?

They were targeting him all game, doubly so after that. Like Hamer hell have a reputation as a hot head.

Garryb80

When have you ever landed with one foot off at right angles to the other?

They were targeting him all game, doubly so after that. Like Hamer hell have a reputation as a hot head.
When I'm landing I don't think how I should position my feet. Wont be convinced it was deliberate

Frostie

Definitely meant it. He could’ve easily avoided stamping on him. It’s not like he didn’t know Ostigard was there.

And immediately after the same pair tussled in the opposite box. He didn't like Østigård given as good as he was getting & took a really nasty cheap shot.

Given Tom Davies's ban in the League Two Playoffs, this should be a slam dunk if we choose to make a complaint but I'm not sure we will.

Users who are viewing this thread