Reece Brown (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Have heard a lot of people slating Brown, especially for last night's game. Whikle he was out of position for the Blades goal, I think the criticism is a bit harsh.

Some people talk about dropping him, but I suspect that the terms of his loan from Man U state that he has to start for us as long as he is fit. So if we can't drop him, can we instead play him at LB when Clarke returns?

I just think Hussey is too limited and Brown would offer a better option there.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He started off nervy in the first 20 mins but settled down later on, I doubt there is a clause saying he must start if fit

thechase

Brown has in all games ive seen so far been a liability. He loses headers consistently, he tries to do too much and often loses possession and is generally not a defender in my opinion.

Nonleagueherewecome

I still can't believe people keep saying he was "out of position for the goal"! No, he gave the ball away with a crap pass, and tried to tackle their man-almost succeeded-but at the last gasp the Sheff U lad just got it away from him. He gave the ball away just inside our half, and the tackle which almost came off was about 10 yards inside our half.

None of that involves "being out of position"!

KersleyDigs

If his loan terms state he must play if he's fit then I'd terminate his loan if he doesn't improve significantly in the next four games.

Unless it is thought that he will develop into a good player that would be interested in a permanent deal at City, I don't see the merit in allowing him to make his mistakes at City?! I'd rather make that investment in Cameron and Christie!!!!!

stupot07

i can't believe that we would agree a loan deal with those terms - that basically means 'play as crap as you want because your never getting dropped!'. Players must be in the starting line up on merit and if Clarke is fit on saturday then Brown has to drop to the bench.

we did have terms in Danny Wards loan (Bolton) that the more he played the less we would have to pay as part of the loan fee, however that was a short term emergency loan as opposed to a season long loan.

Mucca Mad Boys

Unfortunately, despite improving in the 2nd half, he was still poor, gave the ball away too cheaply, nearly gave a goal away in the first half, at fault for the goal, looked for the long ball as opposed to keeping it on the deck. In fact he was our worst player yesterday - in a team with Hussey! I hope his performances pick up especially if we have a clause or agreed to play him most of the time.

If he was sh!te at RB, and being naturally right-footed, he is going to struggle more at LB, especially going forward! :facepalm:

lbskyblues

What is peoples problem with hussey. Honestly hussey has one of the best deliveries from the left in the league and gets forward well. Came from non league still learning the game defensively but is alot better than people give credit for.

Theging1987

Seen brown for first time last night and wasn't impressed. Looked slow and always looked for the long ball down the line whereas Malaga looked to play football from the back. Keep Malaga in drop brown and bring back Clarke who is far better going forward.

Yorkshire SB

I think there's a decent player in there somewhere, but his decision making is poor and he had a few shocking moments. As for the terms of the loan deal, not a chance in hell is that true!

SkyBlueScottie

Loan deal terms are what somebody has made up on here either last night or this morning.

Ref Danny Ward, we had a deal where the cost to loan him came down the more he played, shame he got injured as he looked very good.

Buster

Nobody should EVER slate Hussey. Almost every play last night went through him with little to no help down the left wing. It was ridiculous.

I see what you mean CovKingChris , most of us are slagging Hussey and brown off but if you think about it all the good stuff came from their forward runs

ashbyjan

I think Brown is like his brother - a good footballer who has lapses of concentration and gives the ball away in dangerous areas when he plays at the back - I personally thin he could make a decent defensive midfielder. He has the eye for a pass, played a couple of lovely balls down the line but the over did it that led to their goal. However on last nights showing Jennings fits that berth fine at the moment.

JWC

I've seen brown twice now, at dagenham he looked decent along side wood at centre half, and won everything in the air. Gave the ball away too easily last night but think he played some decent balls going forward. I think he will improve and become a real asset. He's decent cover for a fair few positions it seems.

Black6Osprey

Nobody should EVER slate Hussey. Almost every play last night went through him with little to no help down the left wing. It was ridiculous.

Yes thats the biggest problem with our narrow midfield. Hussey needs an option down the line and an option inside. Football is played at its best in simple triangles and we not making it easy for our full backs at all. People say you can't play attacking football these days with 4-4-2, well I say thats a load of rubbish and people are trying to be too clever and thinking just because teams at the top level play like this with possession football then we have to do the same. Some of our most dangerous moments came from the few times we whipped the ball in the box and we scored with route one.

Martin180

Hussey doesnt need an option down the line ,he needs to attack the space in front of him .That is what you are taught as a kid .

Just look at Clarke and Christie on the other side ,the way formations are these days the full backs are virtual wingers .Hussey needs to be a lot braver and bomb on

Dan Griffin

The one thing hussey does is pass it inside every single time, he rarely gets into the corner he won't run at players and he hesitates when defending to put in a tackle

When have we eve seen hussey do what Clarke did against Peterborough for the penalty last season or what he did against Barnsley for the platt winner

Martin180

The one thing hussey does is pass it inside every single time, he rarely gets into the corner he won't run at players and he hesitates when defending to put in a tackle

When have we eve seen hussey do what Clarke did against Peterborough for the penalty last season or what he did against Barnsley for the platt winner
That is my point ,two of our kids understand the need to attack high up and engage the fullbacks ,Hussey misses the opportunity to do this time and time again

dongonzalos

Have heard a lot of people slating Brown, especially for last night's game. Whikle he was out of position for the Blades goal, I think the criticism is a bit harsh.

Some people talk about dropping him, but I suspect that the terms of his loan from Man U state that he has to start for us as long as he is fit. So if we can't drop him, can we instead play him at LB when Clarke returns?

I just think Hussey is too limited and Brown would offer a better option there.

Sorry buddy you normally talk a lot of sense. However do you think any loan player is ever signed eith z clause that they have to start.

That would not be good for the player or the manager loaning them out.

Mucca Mad Boys

He was willing to take players on (ish) on Tuesday, cutting in on a few occasions, he made 2-3 good tackles put in a couple of good balls in the area, solid performance imo

pusbccfc

Husseys one of the quickest in the team, yet he doesn't have a right foot. So why does he cut inside, when he does he gets lost and loses the ball!

Sky Blue Sheepy

Hussey had a mare vs Yeovil but I do agree that the criticism can go overboard - he has a higher chance of errors as the majority of our moves do go through him. As for Brown, I do wish he'd stop trying little 'skills' when he's so deep in our half. He was lucky on Tuesday that the numerous times it cost him posession they went for throw ins

PVA

Cant believe the stick Hussey gets to be honest. Seems he's the new Leon Best/David Bell.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He's awful! I've wanted him to improve but his only decent game, pre season included, was against Dagenham!

And if we're including clauses in contracts such as 'if your fit your'll play' then Waggott needs sacking!

He's a centre back (apparently). Why would we want to do the usual thing and play a player out of their 'best' position? Just so fans have another excuse to slate Thorn for playing a player out of position? DO NOT PUT HIM ANYWHERE NEAR LEFT BACK THORN!!!!

He was in a shite position for the goal which ever way you look at it. He had chance to take the Sheff United man out and risk a booking but he just let him go past.

Black6Osprey

Hussey doesnt need an option down the line ,he needs to attack the space in front of him .That is what you are taught as a kid .

Just look at Clarke and Christie on the other side ,the way formations are these days the full backs are virtual wingers .Hussey needs to be a lot braver and bomb on

Now your highlighting that Hussey doesn't suit this style of play as not all full backs play this style. I've got my UEFA b licence and coach youth team football. I think you've been listening to many TV pundits if you think all kids are taught to bomb on as full backs. This has only come to the fore at the top level in the last 2-3 years and there has still been no directive from the FA to the clubs that we have to or should adopt any style of play. Even Covs Academy don't play this style.

One things kids are taught is the ball travels faster than the man. You can't just expect Hussey to bomb on as you put it everytime. The ball down the line is still the easiest ball for a full back and we have cut this option off by only having a sideways pass, a pass to the goalkeeper or he has to run with ball. Kilbane doesn't help him as he is also not suited to left side in a diamond and hasn't got the legs to offer down the line for him.

skybluebeduff

The only clause in a loan contract would be if the parent club Don't wont them playing in a cup game, and to be recalled with 24hours notice given. Thorn can leave him in the reserves if he wants but then fergie would clearly call him back and ship him somewhere else.

skybluebeduff

This is true but with Brown being a first choice, especially as we signed two other CB's in the summer, you'd think Fergie has added a verbal clause in the contract??

No chance, it would mean that Nigel Clough has the same right as fergie, their just isn't them type of terms in loan contracts verbal or written.

Sterling Archer

How can you say that? Every time Hussey went forward Killer went in and slotted in at LB

Brian Kilcline wasn't there.

First half Hussey often had their winger and striker or full back doubling up on him when they were attacking. Kilbane was ambling around in the centre.

Users who are viewing this thread