Reda tweet (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Please don't say that the big fella is to become the next CCFC player to be regularly knocked - I just cannot believe it - the man is a colossas virtually unbeatable in the air, a menace in both boxes and can pass the ball out of defence to feet.

As suggested by many when he plays we rarely lose

So just what is the problem ??

We are lucky to have him here and I'm shocked that he isn't playing in the PL to be honest.

shmmeee

Please don't say that the big fella is to become the next CCFC player to be regularly knocked - I just cannot believe it - the man is a colossas virtually unbeatable in the air, a menace in both boxes and can pass the ball out of defence to feet.

He's a good solid lump of a defender in the Konjic or Daisy mould. But in L1. Just what we need for a push out of the division. TM is right in this division the strikers are big lumps and you need to be agressive in defence. The back line only ever need to pass 5 yards most of the time in our current style. People are looking for issues where there are none.

oscillatewildly

*Daish not Daisy bloody autocorrect.
He may well have had the nickname "Daisy" from his Pompey days. Alongside the 6.57, didn't they also have a firm known as the "Daisycutters"? He was rumoured to have been a bit of a rogue not just in his youth but into his early playing days as well.

Johnnythespider

Agree with this, character assassination in full swing, and all based on what is to my mind a joke tweet. Social media hey, taken far too seriously by some folk.

Astute

Agree with this, character assassination in full swing, and all based on what is to my mind a joke tweet. Social media hey, taken far too seriously by some folk.

The worse of it is some are doing the assassination bit to make Burge look better. But they are defending a player by attacking another of our players and then ask why are we attacking one of our own players :facepalm:

Paxman II

I think Reda is an exceptional talent at this level. He has it all but he is playing against league 1 players.
Who is the greatest defender of all time? For me Bobby Moore has no equal. he would steal the ball from your feet and never, or rarely got beat.

Great_Expectations

He is a solid L1 CB and obviously a talisman for a lot of supporters. However, he is not virtually unbeatable in the air, he was made to look a fools by Noel Hunt a few weeks ago - a striker who is less than six foot.

I would prefer him in the team than out, but let's not pretend he is the finished article, when he clearly is not. Of our current defenders, SR and CS would be the first two on my team list, not RJ.

Grendel

He is a solid L1 CB and obviously a talisman for a lot of supporters. However, he is not virtually unbeatable in the air, he was made to look a fools by Noel Hunt a few weeks ago - a striker who is less than six foot.

I would prefer him in the team than out, but let's not pretend he is the finished article, when he clearly is not. Of our current defenders, SR and CS would be the first two on my team list, not RJ.

Spot on

Johnnythespider

I would suggest he is a talisman for the team, hence the results last season being better when he played than when he didn't. Of the defenders at the club he would be my first pick, I guess that's opinions for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread