Reda replacement (1 Viewer)

chinamans view

Will we get a replacement for him and if so will it be a right back or C/half. What about Richard wood, just finished his loan at Fleetwood. any other players you would like to sign or suggest.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Rob Jones at Doncaster always been a monster when we've played them he's 35 don't know if he's alright at this level.

Would like to see Willis there when he's back with Ricketts back to RB. But does Martin require a senior player next to him?

Terry Gibson's perm

Will we get a replacement for him and if so will it be a right back or C/half. What about Richard wood, just finished his loan at Fleetwood. any other players you would like to sign or suggest.

Plus he is already on our scorers chart!

SkyBlueScottie

Harries not ready yet, Wood, no thanks. Pennington would be ok for me. I think we might need a bit of a talker though as Stokes mentioned Reda gets him through games...

ajsccfc

Ricketts in the middle would be my preference, he looks like a calming influence on whoever's playing alongside him.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Would take Richard Wood or Pennington, that said Mowbray knows what he's doing as proved with the current players we have in the side!

AGSB15

I agree that Harries isn't ready to be thrown in at the deep end but he has to start getting 10 minutes here and there. That's the only way to gain experience. Plus the fact there is no other centre half that will be at the club for Saturday and maybe for a few weeks

stupot07

Ricketts in the middle would be my preference, he looks like a calming influence on whoever's playing alongside him.

Me too, would rather we brought in a right back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

I think even with Ricketts into the middle, at the very least we need another CB option to come in.

Would be interesting to see how Bryn Morris does there. He apparently can play central midfield or central defence. Maybe that is in TM's thinking. If he is okay there, then when Wilis comes back we'll have 4 for 2 slots, Ricketts, Martin, Willis and Morris.

That would then enable us to get a right back in.

stupot07

Would be interesting to see how Bryn Morris does there. He apparently can play central midfield or central defence. Maybe that is in TM's thinking. If he is okay there, then when Wilis comes back we'll have 4 for 2 slots, Ricketts, Martin, Willis and Morris.

That would then enable us to get a right back in.

I really wouldn't want to play an 18 year old utility player at centre back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

so you want us to go through entire season with just 3 centrebacks?

Yep, exactly my point. The centre back role is different to the full back role because obviously you have 2 centre backs and just 1 fullback for each side.

We need more than 3 centre backs. We need 4.

stupot07

so you want us to go through entire season with just 3 centrebacks?

Where did I say that? Is there not something called the "loan window" you can use to bring players in if you need them?

Oh look - I never said I wanted us to go through the season with just 3 centre backs

I really wouldn't want to play an 18 year old utility player (Morris) at centre back.

Last edited:

covcity4life

Me too, would rather we brought in a right back.

this is why me and otis are bringing up 3 cbs stu

you said you would rather bring in a right back, we are saying we need 4 cbs

stupot07

this is why me and otis are bringing up 3 cbs stu

you said you would rather bring in a right back, we are saying we need 4 cbs

Fair enough But that wasn't the post you quoted and responded to, you quoted my post about not wanting to trust Morris as a centre back.

It's all about what quality you're going to bring in, for example Everton will not let Pennington come here to sit on the bench, and I personally would rather have Ricketts over Pennington. I imagine TM will bring in a kid on loan for a month as cover whilst Willis gets fit. You only have place for one extra CB in the matchday squad. I which case I'd rather keep our Ricketts, Martin and Willis as centre back options and bring in a right Back to push Phillips. Then use the loan market as needed for cover

Last edited:

covcity4life

yeah thats cool and could work as long as willis plays well enough for a team challenging for promotion and ricketts/martin continue to keep it solid at back

i wasnt having a go at you.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think we will persevere with the back four from Tuesday until Willis is back. And when he is, my preference would be him to play CB as I think he's better there, but suspect that Mowbray believes he's a better RB given how we started the season,

Would still like Pennington back but can't see it happening

JonSilletBang

Richard Dunne... kicking his heels... no Club... no contract... or Guy Demel 6' 2" defender released by West Ham currently without a club... can play centre half...

Hobo

Mowbrey doesn't strike me as someone to panic. We have some options within the squad and he will make his move when the right player is available, whether that is a CB or a RB.

junglej13

Anthony Gerrard was the name I thought could fit the bill. Still a free agent I believe. Has been on trial at Southend.

PVA

Anthony Gerrard is a massive pr*ck apparently, not surprisin I suppose when you consider his cousin is also.

Decent player at this level, could be disruptive in a dressing room which is seemingly very close and in good spirits.

robbiethemole

as said on another thread, Harry Maquire was good for Sheff U, doing nothing at Hull at the moment

worth asking about I think PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread