Reda Johnson (1 Viewer)

ccfchoi87

If you have an adequate replacement why have him at all?

He will not accept a pay as you play deal as he never plays!
Yeah that's very true, I thought Aaron Martin was that player but clearly Mowbray likes a more dominant centre half. You can't deny Johnson is that.

stupot07

Looks like its a not going to happen. Hopefully people will stop putting him their proposed team sheets for pre season ;)

“He’s here getting fit.
“I’m not sure the numbers work with us and Reda.
“When he’s fit he’s a top player who, I am sure can play at a higher level, and yet the stats show he’s not played over 20 games in recent season”
“He’s practically back in full training but just joining in with the rest of the group at the minute. I think it will be difficult to re-engage Reda Johnson.
“If the window shuts and he’s a free agent he might stay an unattached footballer.”

Time to move on...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Is this really an efficient training method? One player running and everyone else standing around watching?

Captain Dart

I hope Reda doesn't find a club and accepts a pay as you play deal

Nope, you need a regular pairing at the centre of defence, Reda will never manage that, so the defence keeps changing, result the team is unsettled.

dongonzalos

Nope, you need a regular pairing at the centre of defence, Reda will never manage that, so the defence keeps changing, result the team is unsettled.

If he gets injured long term again. Then he isn't playing with means we won't be paying so we replace him. This time we have his wages to get his long term replacement with.
However if he accepts a pay as you play at this level there isn't many more influential defenders. He would be the difference between mid table and play offs.
I agree too risky for a normal contract because that is wages tied up on a medical table but pay as you play would be worth a gamble

Last edited:

better days

Extremely unlikely that a Championship club will sign an injured player with his record of games missed. Guess that's why he's still here

stupot07

If he gets injured long term again. Then he isn't playing with means we won't be paying so we replace him. Accept this time we have his wages to get his long term replacement with.
However if he accepts a pay as you play at this level there isn't many mire influential defenders. He would be the difference between mid table and play offs.
I agree too risky fir a normal contract because that is wages tied up on a medical table but pay as you play would be worth a gamble
There is no emergency loan window, say he signs then breaks down after 10-12 games (again) late sep-early October how and when you replace him?

He really isnt worth the hassle and it sounds like mowbray agrees. Time to let him go Don.

dongonzalos

There is no emergency loan window, say he signs then breaks down after 10-12 games (again) late sep-early October how and when you replace him?

He really isnt worth the hassle and it sounds like mowbray agrees. Time to let him go Don.

I agree it does sound like TM is saying no. However I also wonder if that is really making it clear to him. You are welcome in a pay as you play but that is it.
Only way it will happen is if he accepts that.
I think we would be happy to use some of the wages put aside for January if he surprised us all and kept going.

higgs

He might have to get paid per game yet as he won't have many other options with his injuries

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

steve82

I'm gonna be brave and say it... Think we need to sign him up till January at least. It's proving hard for TM to get the right man in and if he was prepared to take the punt on kelvin Wilson then I think we should now look at Reda.
Loans are now looking more likely and we will still need these to strengthen the squad.

Pipehitterz

I'm gonna be brave and say it... Think we need to sign him up till January at least. It's proving hard for TM to get the right man in and if he was prepared to take the punt on kelvin Wilson then I think we should now look at Reda.
Loans are now looking more likely and we will still need these to strengthen the squad.
I thought the prognosis was he wouldn't be fit before xmas

Chipfat

He must feel he is going to get offers from other clubs of a certain length if he is not talking to us about what we can offer. It will come to a point where he and TM sit down and find a solution i would give him a 3 month deal and see from there, if he can get a longer contract elsewhere its time we moved on. TM must be really tight on his budget if he is having to weight this up as Reda is at the club we are in need and it may suits both parties as a stop gap to better things for both.

Hobo

I think TM has been trying to source a CB on a permanent deal. I also think he has missed out on a few due to budget and or location. I am sure he is prepared for this scenario and will have loan targets.

stupot07

No, no and thrice no.

1) tm has said there is a big difference in wage demand and contract length

2) he's missed 9 months with a bad injury and is unlikely to be fit for a while yet so would be nowhere near ready for Saturday

3) signing him to Jan will likely mean not affording to bring in someone more permanent

4) sign him and throw him first team he'll be injured again within 10-12 games, there's no loan window. What do you do then?

When hes fit hes one on of thr best centre backs in the league, but hes always injured.

Its been said we need 2 morecentre backs, if we sign reda we still need 2 more as he will invariably breakdown.

steve82

I take all the points on board but where are we likely to find that experienced defender before the end of August.... You can forget Saturday.
Also giving him a short term contract with the best interests of the club is not likely to affect strengthening the squad by bringing a player in on a longer term deal... Unless another club offers him a better deal then he's likely to sign what ever is offered.
As for the comparison to Wilson there record the past few seasons is not far different... Wilson has only racked up more career games as he's played 2/3 more seasons and played a lot of games early in his career...
He was still a car crash signing waiting to happen.
The loan market with young premiership loans is the only option now or face Peter Ramage type signings.

stupot07

I take all the points on board but where are we likely to find that experienced defender before the end of August.... You can forget Saturday.
Also giving him a short term contract with the best interests of the club is not likely to affect strengthening the squad by bringing a player in on a longer term deal... Unless another club offers him a better deal then he's likely to sign what ever is offered.
As for the comparison to Wilson there record the past few seasons is not far different... Wilson has only racked up more career games as he's played 2/3 more seasons and played a lot of games early in his career...
He was still a car crash signing waiting to happen.
The loan market with young premiership loans is the only option now or face Peter Ramage type signings.
He doesn't want a short term contract, TMs already said this. Hes also a free agent which means he isn't constrained by getting a move by the transfer window. You also have to ask yourself, why has no one signed him yet?

If anything getting desperate and trying to get him to sign a short term contract (that he doesn't want to do) will mean offering more of a financial reward to do so.

Everyone needs to calm down, plenty of time to get people in.

Last edited:

steve82

He doesn't want a short term contract, TMs already said this. Hes also a free agent which means he isn't constrained by getting a move by the transfer window. You also have to ask yourself, why has no one signed him yet?

If anything getting desperate and trying to get him to sign a short term contract (that he doesn't want to do) will mean offering more of a financial reward to do so.

Everyone needs to calm down, plenty of time to get people in.

Players with the likes of Redas history would be lucky to get a year long deal.
Offering him a reflective short term deal sees where he sees his future, if he's also no interest in staying why help him with his rehab work.
How far is he away from playing a game? What stage of rehab is he at?
It's not necessarily panicking but unless your buying a CB, well were well down the free transfer list options now that have first team experience.
Your looking at loans who are young players with limited game time tho have ability. We do need these players but relying on Sam Ricketts as your main senior man is not ideal again.

stupot07

Players with the likes of Redas history would be lucky to get a year long deal.
Offering him a reflective short term deal sees where he sees his future, if he's also no interest in staying why help him with his rehab work.
How far is he away from playing a game? What stage of rehab is he at?
It's not necessarily panicking but unless your buying a CB, well were well down the free transfer list options now that have first team experience.
Your looking at loans who are young players with limited game time tho have ability. We do need these players but relying on Sam Ricketts as your main senior man is not ideal again.

Yes, he would be lucky to get any deal. But at the minute reda isn't in a rush, hes not constrained by the transfer window and so doesn't need to sign a deal. Just listening to the CT podcast and Andy Turner can't see it happening because reda's demands and opinion of what he is worth is polar opposite of what Mowbray thinks hes worth. So to get him to sign a short term contract you'd have to pay over the odds.

Mowbray will have others on his radar, we have not yet become that desperate that we need to re-sign reda who will invariably get injured by October and leave ricketts as the only senior man anyway.

If reda is still out of contractinn September onwards then he might reconsider his demands but by then I'd like to think we have the full compliment of center backs we need.

Gaz

I don't know what the make of all this with Reda
We really need a good centre back and he is one, but we can't take the risk of paying his wages and him not playing.

Head says its best left alone but heart says sign him back up.

steve82

Yes, he would be lucky to get any deal. But at the minute reda isn't in a rush, hes not constrained by the transfer window and so doesn't need to sign a deal. Just listening to the CT podcast and Andy Turner can't see it happening because reda's demands and opinion of what he is worth is polar opposite of what Mowbray thinks hes worth. So to get him to sign a short term contract you'd have to pay over the odds.

Mowbray will have others on his radar, we have not yet become that desperate that we need to re-sign reda who will invariably get injured by October and leave ricketts as the only senior man anyway.

If reda is still out of contractinn September onwards then he might reconsider his demands but by then I'd like to think we have the full compliment of center backs we need.

Right.... well if his demands are still above what TM no's he's worth then it's a no really ain't it. Any deal needs to be in the clubs favour this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread