Reda Johnson (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I hope we do give him a contract on a pay as you play type deal if he can prove his fitness!
His torn hamstring injury from last season was very unfortunate and not like his other niggling type injuries from the previous season.

What if he's dropped even when fit - doesn't he get paid?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I hope we do give him a contract on a pay as you play type deal if he can prove his fitness!
His torn hamstring injury from last season was very unfortunate and not like his other niggling type injuries from the previous season.

But he has a record of being injured, not just with us. niggling injury or more severe. I just think we don't have much money in the pot, and what we do have, Id be looking to give it someone else.

Might come back and bite me as he could sign for someone else and play 46+ games, or the singing we sign in his place might prove equally as injury prone. But ill take that chance.

vow

But he has a record of being injured, not just with us. niggling injury or more severe. I just think we don't have much money in the pot, and what we do have, Id be looking to give it someone else.

Might come back and bite me as he could sign for someone else and play 46+ games, or the singing we sign in his place might prove equally as injury prone. But ill take that chance.
I understand where you're coming from, but I believe TM helped him out by giving him his own personal fitness regime, so wasn't getting injured during training and had that very bad hammy during a match, where IMO was unfortunate to get it after over strecthing for the ball.

Don't know about severe injury record before us.

Budget wise, I trust TM to get it right for club and player.

georgehudson

whoever is training with us,
it's surely down to evaluating their personal circumstance, & i'm sure that those players offered a prospective deal will have the nous to evaluate the offer, without the crutch of an agent, those who use the parasitic agents are probably best left alone,
i'd be happy to let TM, MV, & JC, get on with building the squad,
& i'd hope that it would be with the blessing of CA & JS, & not having to put up with measures to limit the possibility of CCFC driving for promotion,
let's get out of this wretched league

Nathccfc

I'd like reda to sign on again, when fit he's a collossus. But thats the word 'fit' we need to sign him on a deal which will suit us. If not a pay as you play because they would be hard for most professions but maybe a low wage deal which incentives to earn more through the amount of games and success the team has!

Looking forward to tomorrow, as a couple are meant to be signing according to reports! First few signings maybe a sign of what sort of personnel and types of players we are looking for. We have to realise that we now have a whole years worth of proper scouting reports and analysis, which we haven't had for years! I have a feeling were in for an existing pre season and hopefully an exciting season aswell!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Pipehitterz

i thought the original injury meant he would be out til xmas this year?
ive heard nothing since so it could be that hes here for fitness an possible p.r stunts like ened of last year in naughty corner

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

i thought the original injury meant he would be out til xmas this year?
ive heard nothing since so it could be that hes here for fitness an possible p.r stunts like ened of last year in naughty corner

Nah he was back running and in light training at the end of last season, similar to how Willis was

Hadji10

Another one we need to just let go. He will never be fit enough to play 30 league games and that isn't no good to us, fuck him off.

harvey098

His win ratio for us when hes played the full 90 minutes is outstanding. Its almost worth having him just for 10 games a season.

ccfchoi87

I'm sorry but that's just mental.
How? If we had him for 10 games (on pay as you play or a very low wage with high performance bonuses) and win 7/8 of them that's a lot of points compared with not having him and only winning 3/4. Those points could be the difference between coming 6th or 7th. Agreed the disruption of losing him mid season doesn't help but if we had an adequate replacement already signed I'd have no problem with resigning him. Of course this is all dependant on the price.

Hadji10

You're saying a club that has no money signs a player on the basis of him playing 10 fucking games you lunatic.

A player with an injury record such as Reda Johnson's will not sign a pay as you play deal, not a bloody chance.

ccfchoi87

You're saying a club that has no money signs a player on the basis of him playing 10 fucking games you lunatic.

A player with an injury record such as Reda Johnson's will not sign a pay as you play deal, not a bloody chance.
I never said it another poster did. I just said it wouldn't be that mental and could work. Which I again clarified would have to be for the right price. Surely the wages spent last year on Henderson, hunt, fortune, Conor Thomas, lorentzon and others that made little contribution suggest we aren't struggling that much for money if it is utilised correctly (eg reda for a period and another very good back up).

christonabike

If he gets fit and we offer a pay as you play type contract we can do a Paul McGragh and he can ride a push bike around the training pitch avoiding impact on training days!:playful:

Grendel

How? If we had him for 10 games (on pay as you play or a very low wage with high performance bonuses) and win 7/8 of them that's a lot of points compared with not having him and only winning 3/4. Those points could be the difference between coming 6th or 7th. Agreed the disruption of losing him mid season doesn't help but if we had an adequate replacement already signed I'd have no problem with resigning him. Of course this is all dependant on the price.

If you have an adequate replacement why have him at all?

He will not accept a pay as you play deal as he never plays!

dongonzalos

Hope reda signs on a pay as play
There is no defender comparable in terms of impact available at our level (when fit)

Users who are viewing this thread