Reda Johnson. (1 Viewer)

ccfcdale

I guess we've all seen the article on Cov Telegraph website.

No player is bigger than club think we all agree on that?

Not to sure what to make of the article I like Reda, good defender especially at this level. Is it silly to say he may be going come January? Doesn't seem to pleased that he's lost the captaincy?

What are your thoughts.

shy_tall_knight

Reda's head butt turned the team from potential play-off chasers to relegation candidates. Ensured we lost that game and missed him for 3 others very unprofessional, if SP was mad at him its justified.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
There has been a whole lot more wrong with the playing side of CCFC than a head butt and subsequent suspension of Reda Johnson.

I cant help thinking this distracts from other issues

AFCCOVENTRY

There's somethjng fundamentally wrong in the squad and it goes back to Pressley not being popular with the players.

You can tell from Reda's remarks that they joke about Pressley because of all sorts of things.

I think Pressley is a big big problem.

speedie87

Paul McGrath piss would have been pure larger and he'd still have pissed over all our players on a match day.

stupot07

Now I'm all for standards, and biology was never my thing but...

Is the colour of someone's urine *really* the deciding factor when choosing a captain?!?

The colour of urine usually shows how hydrated they are.....unless you have a Berocca then it's a bizarre shade of orange...

Edit: just read the article. :eek:

Not sure I believe the explanation of the dressing room situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

This whole situation just doesn't sit right tbh. For me one of Pressley and Reda will be gone by January, hopefully the former.

SkyBlueScottie

I think Reda is trivialising the issues, so it paints him in a better light, while the colour of his urine is not a major talking point it does potentially show that his match preparation is not spot on, this could possibly show other areas are not up to scratch. Pressley said he wants his captain to be on the pitch and the training pitch more often. He has a job, that job is to play football, he should have a duty to ensure he is in the best possible condition, if not then I think Pressley is correct and the player goes.

If Pressley begins to allow players attitudes to slacken off we will end up with a group of players with an "it's Cov innit" attitude. This is one thing all Coventry fans should be backing the manager on.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just read the article :eek: ....... I am sure a lot of similar things go on at other clubs however, maybe not so public though. But based on the article

- you can not gain respect by a sense of fear
- it all seems immature and pathetic to me, poorly handled all round

SkyBlue_Bear83

So in summary Johnson lost the captaincy for smiling, not having the correct colour urine and not doing enough extra work in the gym?

I guess he prefers players that get into confrontations with the fans because there showing the passhhuunn.

It's an awkward one, Johnson when he's been on the pitch has always been the most committed player in the way he plays the game and he's a massive player when on the pitch as displayed by our results, we haven't even won a game without Reda in the team. If it was like Barton or Thomas he was angry with it would be much easier to just say he's shit and bin him off but with Johnson we can't do that because we need him.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It was Nouble the week before he was criticising for his work rate and commitment and Johnson now.

Two of our biggest players, the two we were praising for turning around the Peterborough game a week ago. I made a post about it after the Worcester match when it was rumoured to be these two players, does Pressley want nodding dogs who will obey his every order or does he want big personalities and characters who can think for themselves, make there own decisions and take the initiative out on the pitch like Reda and Nouble?

ccfcmustang

Pressley obviously demands respect, but demanding respect only gets respect of ones rank, not the person behind it. He is much more of a manager than a leader. He wants people who give it their all every week and 'buy into our philosophy' but moaning about the colour of his urine is bordering ridiculous. Hes worse than a clingy girlfriend. Maybe he works better with the younger players because they havent fully developed a personality big enough to question any of his methods. Is the squad fully behind him? im not so sure

AFCCOVENTRY

It seems to me Pressley has an attitude problem. Look at me funny or smile at the wrong time and you're out of the club.

Whatever the stories are Pressley has not handled the situation properly and Reda has also been unprofessional bleating to the press about what happened in the dressing room and his wee.

As usual it is nothing but embarrassment and shambles from CCFC.

But nothing surprises me as a cov fan.

Evo1883

First jordan clarke rumoured to have slagged the manager off , then the manager has digs at nouble on cwr , now this . Probably more gone on behind the scenes .
man management is key to a any good team

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well laughing and joking around after such a poor performance is a good start ............... Are you not appalled about that as a fan?

He said he smiled, not that he was laughing an joking. I guess you'd rather we just have robots playing for us?

Tbh I couldn't really care what he does other than the 90 minutes when he plays for us every week and I can't fault his commitment anytime he has played for us.

If someone's playing shit for us week in, week out. It doesn't bring me any comfort to know they are scowling and in a bad mood for the next few days.

stupot07

If your manager at work was asking to view the colour of your piss what would happen?

hydration is extremely important for athletic performance. Should he club not be monitoring fitness, nutrition and hydration of players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

First jordan clarke rumoured to have slagged the manager off , then the manager has digs at nouble on cwr , now this . Probably more gone on behind the scenes .
man management is key to a any good team

It's no surprise that Johnson and Nouble are the fans favourites and Pressleys trying to force them out of the club as soon as they've arrived.

Grendel

He said he smiled, not that he was laughing an joking. I guess you'd rather we just have robots playing for us?

Tbh I couldn't really care what he does other than the 90 minutes when he plays for us every week and I can't fault his commitment anytime he has played for us.

If someone's playing shit for us week in, week out. It doesn't bring me any comfort to know they are scowling and in a bad mood for the next few days.

A bizarre interview with him and Pressley. Gives some insight into the way Pressley runs the club and it doesn't seem positive.

Moff

To me this is symptomatic of the club at present, there is a core of disease that is running through it.

It starts from the top, with the shittest owners there could be, with their lack of interest, care, and knowledge it seeps through every pore of the club, to the manager frustrated at working on a shoe string, with players that are not good enough to do what he asks or are not at the level he played at, whilst he is also making poor judgements, down to a group of players who in the main dont seem to care enough, and think, 'meh its only Coventry'

It has to stop soon, or this will become terminal. Personally i dont think it will and live in hope that it will all come good again...although I am struggling to know when or how.

stupot07

Do you believe his version of events? I can't believe Pressley would blow his top off for a mere smile, given that Jackson and Tudguy seemed to have been bombed out of the squad altogether? It doesn't add up to me.

SkyBlue_Bear83

A bizarre interview with him and Pressley. Gives some insight into the way Pressley runs the club and it doesn't seem positive.

Pressley was going on about having big characters on the pitch and in the dressing room, looks like he's got them and doesn't like it because they don't always say it do things he agrees with.

stupot07

It's no surprise that Johnson and Nouble are the fans favourites and Pressleys trying to force them out of the club as soon as they've arrived.

How is Pressley trying to force nouble out of the club? He rightly pointed at Nouble's lack of work rate, Wilson and Clarke worked their nuts off the team, why shouldn't nouble?

And exactly how has his tied for force them both out as soon as they arrived?

Last edited:

Evo1883

To me this is symptomatic of the club at present, there is a core of disease that is running through it.

It starts from the top, with the shittest owners there could be, with their lack of interest, care, and knowledge it seeps through every pore of the club, to the manager frustrated at working on a shoe string, with players that are not good enough to do what he asks or are not at the level he played at, whilst he is also making poor judgements, down to a group of players who in the main dont seem to care enough, and think, 'meh its only Coventry'

It has to stop soon, or this will become terminal. Personally i dont think it will and live in hope that it will all come good again...although I am struggling to know when or how.
This post is basically palming the blame on everybody but pressley , you did say his judgement is poor at times , but you said it starts at the top , proceeded to talk about the owners , then the players , which are below the manager , then a tiny diG at the manager and then back to the players .
its pretty much why this clown still has a job , as too many of our supporters sympathise with him

SkyBlue_Bear83

What by signing the pair of them in the first place?

Some real conspiracy rubbish on here.

Yea and he's already got problems with both of them, neither will be here by the start of next season continuing the revolving door policy under Pressley because we've got loads of spare cash.

stupot07

Yea and he's already got problems with both of them, neither will be here by the start of next season continuing the revolving door policy under Pressley because we've got loads of spare cash.

For a start Nouble isn't even our player and is on a 3 month loan deal Ffs.

SkyBlue_Bear83

For a start Nouble isn't even our player and is on a 3 month loan deal Ffs.

Ipswich clearly don't want him as they allowed him to play in the cup and Pressley is trying his best to make sure he doesn't want to come here either.

Users who are viewing this thread