Reda Johnson named captain (1 Viewer)

jon92

Steven Pressley has named new recruit Reda Johnson as his club captain for the new season.

The experienced defender, who is currently on international duty with Benin, replaces Carl Baker, Pressley explaining: "I spoke with Carl last week about my intentions to change the captaincy and have decided after much deliberation to name Reda Johnson.

mark82

Feel a little sorry for Carl Baker. Maybe this means he will be considered more of a backup this year? Feels like a lot of big changes this year. Could either make or break Pressley, he is having to build a new team and his previous signings last season didn't live up to expectations.

LB87ccfc

Natural Leader Johnson. Good choice.
Carl will still be a talker in the dressing room, but was never a talker on the pitch extremely quiet.

sky_blue_up_north

That is why Baker said its Dog eat Dog now, I think he will be gone.. shame, seems a good guy who always gives 100%

spider_ricoh

Yep, adds to the sense that Baker is on the outer. I'm sure the mourning will go on for minutes.

torchomatic

A little unfair. I always thought he tried his hardest for us....who were we talking about again?

Yep, adds to the sense that Baker is on the outer. I'm sure the mourning will go on for minutes.

RoboCCFC90

You mean a player who has scored 25 goals and chipped in with 15 assists in two seasons? I am sure the mourning will last longer than a few minutes..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

Message to all Cov fans.

Just want to say a massive thanks to all the fans who have supported me over the years and got behind me as captain. When Mark Robbins handed me the armband I can honestly say it was one of the proudest moments of my career I took full responsibility and have given 100% to this club and always will obviously I'm gutted to have it taken of me but I have a lot of respect for the gaffa and club so accept their decision. I still have a year contract and will honour that and give my all as always for the badge until I'm told otherwise ‪#‎pusb

Grendel

You mean a player who has scored 25 goals and chipped in with 15 assists in two seasons? I am sure the mourning will last longer than a few minutes..

It's 19 league goals and only 7 last year. He's 32 and will be the highest paid player by miles. He has to go.

RoboCCFC90

It's 19 league goals and only 7 last year. He's 32 and will be the highest paid player by miles. He has to go.

Carl Baker is still a useful player, no one quite knows what Baker is being paid so it's wrong to throw him in the category of players who were on big wages at the time he signed.

torchomatic

I agree. I still think he has something to offer CCFC.

Carl Baker is still a useful player, no one quite knows what Baker is being paid so it's wrong to throw him in the category of players who were on big wages at the time he signed.

eastwoodsdustman

Maybe not having to cover Christies arse for 90 minutes a game will help him. He went downhill when Christie started to push on more for us.

kevinleftpeg

I hope SP keeps it simple & has a way of playing the old & new guys can easily adopt.
This is L1 & it's rough, tough & hoof in the main. Lots of very athletic young men (......... that sounds so wrong) but very little quality.

I for one hope SP plays width & more speed. And while im at it work on their 1st touch...... gives you an extra second if it's good.

I hope Baker stays, regardless of him being a high earner. The owners have clearly stated they have enough money to fund us for 5 years whilst building us a new ground............ ummmmmmm. I am a twat for the last paragraph & have let myself down. I was determined not to mention the scumbag wankers tossers pricks arsewiping snot eating toads that are fucking us over.

oh well

Sky Blue Harry H

Not up on my African Nations Cup knowledge - but are we going to lose him post Christmas, as he plays for Benin???

CCFC_Charlie

Not up on my African Nations Cup knowledge - but are we going to lose him post Christmas, as he plays for Benin???

They have the first leg of a qualifier this Sunday against Malawi and if they win that they enter a group with Ivory Coast, Cameroon and DR Congo so it's pretty unlikely they'll end up qualifying.

Sky Blue Harry H

They have the first leg of a qualifier this Sunday against Malawi and if they win that they enter a group with Ivory Coast, Cameroon and DR Congo so it's pretty unlikely they'll end up qualifying.

Cheers Charlie - anybody ever tell you that you look a bit like Fleck?!?

Users who are viewing this thread