Reda Johnson, door left open.... (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Anyone can get injured, if Turner is that much of a risk we shouldn't take him on. As for Johnson he ain't going to be that expensive wage wise a replacement could be considerably more expensive. It gives young Harres time to develop a bit more and I can see him and Willis as a pair one day

Is it that bad them being expensive if they play every game? There's no point having a few players on lower wages who never play because they are injured. Then there is the disruption of never having a settled back 4.

covcity4life

So we have Johnson and Turner, who are both not shy of an injury? Both would probably want a decent wage.

Then with no emergency loans, we are faffing around stuggling?

you dont have to agree with him but he just said in his post willis,harries,ricketts and stokes as back up. so your loan point makes no sense in relation to replying to his post.

Hadji10

Based on what? He's played in the champ before with Wednesday and was deemed not good enough. Good solid league one defender, nothing more.

Nick

Administrator
you dont have to agree with him but he just said in his post willis,harries,ricketts and stokes as back up. so your loan point makes no sense in relation to replying to his post.

So if they both get injured at the same time?

If you move Stokes in, that means bringing somebody in to cover him.

Harries has played 1 game for us, I am not saying he isn't good enough. There's just no point in case we end up with the situation we had this year when Johnson and Martin were both injured.

covcity4life

So if they both get injured at the same time?

If you move Stokes in, that means bringing somebody in to cover him.

Harries has played 1 game for us, I am not saying he isn't good enough. There's just no point in case we end up with the situation we had this year when Johnson and Martin were both injured.

yeah thats fine. i just meant he mentioned why he felt it worth risk so loans issue wasnt really required unless you pointed out the back up isnt good enough like you have now

SkyBlue_Bear83

Still a no from me, I can see us giving him a payp deal then mowvray only signing 1 centre back instead of 2, then reda breaking down again 10-15 games in then we're down to stretching around trying to find someone on loan.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No emergency loans next season, we'd probably be looking at Ricketts filling in assuming Ricketts is only going to be back up next season

Brylowes

I would rather we replace fully rather than 'hope' this deal works. With ricketts not getting any younger, we need a longer turn solution. Maybe Ben turner wants to come back?
Yeah that would work, cos BenTurner never gets injured.

dongonzalos

I've heard through the grapevine that Ben Turner is signing a deal with us. He's a lot better than Reda. Just let it go now, he was good when he played but he's no good when he's played a quarter of 2 seasons during his time here.

Oh and also, Simon Cox is signing very soon

A choice of Turner or Reda
Turner every time due Reda's injuries.
But if it's a straight forward should we sign Reda on a pay as you play, then
No question

covcity4life

If you want to send me some evidence about multiple accounts then I will look into it.

i dont have any evidence, i just said check

the posting style is exactly the same.

will it really hurt you to check? or is just cos its me asking.

covcity4life

i dont have any! it was just a hunch

i am 99% sure in my mind if that helps lol

i dont even want him int rouble, just want old juggernaught outed

Hadji10

I am juggernaut. Every time I tried to log in under that username it failed or the screen went completely blank and wouldn't load so I created a new account.

Otis

I am juggernaut. Every time I tried to log in under that username it failed or the screen went completely blank and wouldn't load so I created a new account.
Can you use this as your Avatar?

a299ab4486a1894582931b905ccee1c5.jpg

covcity4life

same happened with me once. you need to flush your DNS

now lets go back to hating each other

blueflint

Do you need some new glasses? Il book you a appointment at specsavers.

If he was regularly fit he would be playing in the championship - Not good enough, funniest comment in a long time.

my opinion but facts prove an unfit player costs everyone extra to carry him not economical for me so not good enough

Chipfat

Tough one to be honest, Reda without injuries would not be in the league and the same goes for Turner if he decides to drop down. You can bring in the best players but if they are in your stand every week then they are your worst, in my opinion. So even if both signed on a pay as you play deal, it still brings problems, so for me i would let both players find other clubs and look at new players that are more likely to last a season to build around than 2 players that have a history of failing to finish a full season.

Last edited:

LB87ccfc

my opinion but facts prove an unfit player costs everyone extra to carry him not economical for me so not good enough

Ok I thought you was meaning ability wise, as ability wise hes too good for league one when fit and easily the best centre half in the division when he is.

Its a tough call to make to be honest.

Grendel

Has any player ever accepted a pay as you play contract?

Chipfat

Has any player ever accepted a pay as you play contract?

I would not say they would of willingly do so, but if the player has no other options in terms of a long term contract then he has to to prove he is worth in regards to his earnings. Most pay as you play deals will have a base figure of guaranteed money, but the rest will be made up of incentives.

I know its different but the NFL do it a lot with veteran players, signing bonuses, playing bonuses, roster bonuses can all be used. In Reda's or a Turner situation a contract can be build that are club friendly.

Warwickhunt

you know what they say about open doors! make sure they dont hit you in the arse on the way out

christonabike

I was told by one of the junior players Reda has been offered a new deal but as before he was on a big wage and smaller appearance pay he has been offered a much smaller wage and bigger appearance money which makes perfect sense.

Captain Dart

I was told by one of the junior players Reda has been offered a new deal but as before he was on a big wage and smaller appearance pay he has been offered a much smaller wage and bigger appearance money which makes perfect sense.

His original deal was 1 year with possible extension
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28172334

Last season was a deal TM/MV gave him, surely they didn't offer him the original no doubt bloated contract!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33484224

WestEndAgro

I would be staggered if Ben Turner signed for us, regardless of his injury problems he will get lots of offers from the Championship, as for Reda get rid we can't risk a repeat of the last two seasons.

not good enough? really?!

At this level (when fit) Reda is a collosssus - unbeatable in the air - scares the shit out of opposing forwards - deceptibly good on the ball - inspirational to his team mates.

You couldn't ask for more BUT I would reluctantly have to trade all that in to guarantee a 40 game a season regular

Users who are viewing this thread