Red Wedge (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

Off to see Billy Bragg on Saturday in Cardiff. Anyone else got a far left folk singer as a guilty pleasure or is it just me!!!!

After some wasteful capitalist spending in Cardiff City Centre on shite I don’t need, I’ll be ready for some good old fashioned fascist and Maggie bashing come the evening 😎😎

lifeskyblue

Off to see Billy Bragg on Saturday in Cardiff. Anyone else got a far left folk singer as a guilty pleasure or is it just me!!!!

After some wasteful capitalist spending in Cardiff City Centre on shite I don’t need, I’ll be ready for some good old fashioned fascist and Maggie bashing come the evening

Leon Rosselson is my favourite far left folk singer. Most famous for n 60s and 70s…not sure he still alive. Must be great age if is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

After some wasteful capitalist spending in Cardiff City Centre on shite I don’t need, I’ll be ready for some good old fashioned fascist and Maggie bashing come the evening
He wrote A New England which is an all time great song IMO, though best performed by Kirsty McColl

rob9872

Nope, I'll be in Hull on Saturday reminding me why Maggie hated the North :)

jimmyhillsfanclub

He wrote A New England which is an all time great song IMO, though best performed by Kirsty McColl

Great song....and very clever that it also worked when switched around to be sung from the female perspective.

After some wasteful capitalist spending in Cardiff City Centre on shite I don’t need, I’ll be ready for some good old fashioned fascist and Maggie bashing come the evening 😎😎

I loved his first 3 albums.....the first 2 in particular were very much part of my political awakening as a youngster........although I've not really paid much attention to him or his output since the early 90s.

He was a fantastic lyricist...some of his songs from the 80s & early 90s read even better as poetry.

"The Home Front" for example is right up there with Larkin & Thomas imho.

fernandopartridge

Great song....and very clever that it also worked when switched around to be sung from the female perspective.

I loved his first 3 albums.....the first 2 in particular were very much part of my political awakening as a youngster........although I've not really paid much attention to him or his output since the early 90s.

He was a fantastic lyricist...some of his songs from the 80s & early 90s read even better as poetry.

I've not listened to much of it so will do this afternoon, cheers

Covkid1968#

Yeah… pretty much where I am. Loved his Union stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread