Recruitment (1 Viewer)

Deity

I’ll be totally honest I’d never heard of Tats, Milan, Binks or Haji before this window but I’m super excited at their potential.

@Saddlebrains do you know who has been doing the due diligence on these players. They are not the sort that Austin or Johnson would have looked at at previous clubs. I wonder if Steve Shea had been watching some of them for leicester ??

I don’t believe we are spending this money without doing a good degree of research

procdoc

I’ll be totally honest I’d never heard of Tats, Milan, Binks or Haji before this window but I’m super excited at their potential.

@Saddlebrains do you know who has been doing the due diligence on these players. They are not the sort that Austin or Johnson would have looked at at previous clubs. I wonder if Steve Shea had been watching some of them for leicester ??

I don’t believe we are spending this money without doing a good degree of research
It’s clear to me the focus has been on players with high technical ability, pace and with their best years in front of them. Every transfer is a gamble, I’m just enjoying the ride to be honest

Deity

We have been crying out for pace for years ….

Simms, Milan and Haji ( if he signs ) all give us this dimension…. Tavares too

technical ability …. Tats, Joel, Da Silva, Sheaf, Palmer, Ohare, Binks

Height …. Fadz, Thomas, Binks, sheaf, palmer, Simms, Haji ( if he signs )

may least 2 more still to come ….

procdoc

We have been crying out for pace for years ….

Simms, Milan and Haji ( if he signs ) all give us this dimension…. Tavares too

technical ability …. Tats, Joel, Da Silva, Sheaf, Palmer, Ohare, Binks

Height …. Fadz, Thomas, Binks, sheaf, palmer, Simms, Haji ( if he signs )

may least 2 more still to come ….
And we still have Hamer, despite it being against the modern slavery act (according to wisdom and Grendel haha)

skyblu3sk

And we still have Hamer, despite it being against the modern slavery act (according to wisdom and Grendel haha)
Slave Trade Horror GIF by filmeditor

slowpoke

Robins has revamped the recruitment team starting with Dean Austin and it is starting to produce,
We nicked Steve Shea from the other side of the M69.
He was their foreign player scout and let’s be honest in recent years they have had some quality foreign players come in and relatively cheap hopefully he repeats that here.
As for the Hamer situation to be honest I’m fairly comfortable with it, I want him to stay but should he decide to move on I’m 100% certain between Robins, Austin and Shea a replacement maybe a better replacement will be signed pretty quick.

Last edited:

blunted

Robins has revamped the recruitment team starting with Dean Austin and it is starting to produce,
We nicked Steve Shea from the other side of the M69.
He was their foreign player scout and let’s be honest in recent years they have had some quality foreign players come in and relatively cheap hopefully he repeats that here.
As for the Hamer situation to be honest I’m fairly comfortable with it, I want him to stay but should he decide to move on I’m 100% certain between Robins, Austin and Shea a replacement maybe a better replacement will be signed pretty quick.
Did we nick him, or was it Leicester cutting their wages with relegation? Just wondering. Without any inside knowledge, I would be surprised if Shea didn't have a major input.

SlowerThanPlatt

Did we nick him, or was it Leicester cutting their wages with relegation? Just wondering. Without any inside knowledge, I would be surprised if Shea didn't have a major input.
He had a minor role there so it was likely a combination of career progression and costs being cut

Grendel

He was very low level in their scouting network according to reports

slowpoke

He was Leicester’s first team national scout for 10 years, not sure how minor or low level that might be.

Reactions: vow

SlowerThanPlatt

He was Leicester’s first team national scout for 10 years, not sure how minor or low level that might be.
According to the man himself he was looking for a full time opportunity last year while at Leicester

He’s now our “senior recruitment scout” which I presume is full time work

blunted

Think with the Vik sale we have been able to follow a policy of buying and developing rather than loaning players, developing them and seeing them go on to better things (see Maatsen). McNally is a case in point. Appears we wanted to buy him and was quoted a daft figure. Burnley feel he has potential so have loaned him again to Stoke. McNally was clearly ahead of Thomas in the pecking order at Burnley so hopefully Adi and Lawrence can work their magic on Thomas. Lawrence knows him from Everton. I will be surprised if McNally has such a great experience at Stoke as he had with us. Stoke's manager can be a bit old school and doesn't seem like a barrel of laughs. Nearer home for McNally I suppose. Think we will use the loan market especially if Gus leaves for a short term fix or if a player becomes available who is too good to miss. Possible loans to buy or a fix in January. Depends when the money runs out.

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread