Recruitment (2 Viewers)

Deity

It needed strengthening and particularly with a scout who has been looking higher up the leagues. Track record at leicester has been mixed but it’s difficult to know which signings are the scouts, the managers, or the director of footballs

slowpoke

Another positive appointment, behind the scenes Robins is building a proper professional back room staff that all top clubs have and the higher you try to go the better the back room has to be.

CovLad94

Good signs, scouts who have experience and been at a high level, let's hope that shows in the transfer dealings

Gynnsthetonic

He's a semi retired electrician from Potters Green ffs, if his football knowledge is as good as his electrical knowledge it doesn't bode well

shepardo01

He's a semi retired electrician from Potters Green ffs, if his football knowledge is as good as his electrical knowledge it doesn't bode well
Some people need a little bit extra to keep them/their family going. Unless you are a player or working at a top club, money for peripheral staff is not amazing. He's been in and around football at various levels for a very long time. Was at Feyenoord as a youngster. Has been at Hull as a scout also. Not quite sure exactly what his role at Leicester was. He's a decent guy and hopefully he'll do a good job for us.

SlowerThanPlatt

Most scouts get paid just on expenses. Judging on his job title at Leicester, it’s a big step up, as you would expect given the difference in infrastructure.

blunted

A decent recruitment department should have a list of players that are achievable within our budget for each position particularly when or if Vik and Gus leave the building. Think it was Valencia who pioneered this brilliantly. Sell high, recruit low and not lose overall quality most of the time. Brentford seem pretty good at this since their Championship days and Brighton in the Prem. Works great until it doesn't. Southampton sold too many experienced players and signed too many inexperienced ones. More scouts always help and I would assume he knows some good players we may be able to tempt. On the downside, think Leicester will be able to outbid us if we are after the same players. Slight concern that we are adding to our staff at this juncture because we have been led to believe that a load of good players were already in the pipeline. Hope this is not an addition because we are not happy with progress so far.

Deity

He joined 6 weeks ago I think
A decent recruitment department should have a list of players that are achievable within our budget for each position particularly when or if Vik and Gus leave the building. Think it was Valencia who pioneered this brilliantly. Sell high, recruit low and not lose overall quality most of the time. Brentford seem pretty good at this since their Championship days and Brighton in the Prem. Works great until it doesn't. Southampton sold too many experienced players and signed too many inexperienced ones. More scouts always help and I would assume he knows some good players we may be able to tempt. On the downside, think Leicester will be able to outbid us if we are after the same players. Slight concern that we are adding to our staff at this juncture because we have been led to believe that a load of good players were already in the pipeline. Hope this is not an addition because we are not happy with progress so far.

SlowerThanPlatt

King mentions in his interview that there’s been “quite an uplift” in our recruitment team, should see more full time scouts joining

Ashdown

Is he a double agent, secretly still working for the scumbags and assigned to supply us with a long line of duds 🤔😬

Gint11

I want to be seeing signings now. I know there’s obstacles but we’re 6 weeks away from the league starting. I want players in and gelling.

Users who are viewing this thread